You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I know the Bloos are going to eat it up, but it genuinely surprises me how many on this board are buying into the "Everton doing good business" line.

They're going to end up selling Lukaku and probably Barkley for £100m or so.  So when they buy Klaassen, Pickford, and Gylfi Siggurdsson for £90m or so a)it doesn't make them rich and b)more importantly, it doesn't make them better.  A bunch of players who are decent but would never get into a top side.  Hurrah?

They'll probably add another player for £20m or so on top of that and then spend the rest of the summer crowing about it.  I don't get it.  All they're doing is cementing themselves as the seventh-best team in the league.  

The one thing they do deserve credit for is moving quickly.  But it's a lot easier to move quickly when you're negotiating with Sunderland and the people that hired Moyes instead of Monchi at Roma.  So fair play to them, but also they had a much easier task to do.

• Upvote 2

They're used to scrapping round for the likes of Darren Gibson, Niasse, Kone and Stekelenberg.

In the last 3 windows they've signed Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Klaasen and Pickford. That's a massive step up for them and whilst they're all players that we wouldn't probably look at (although I reckon Klaasen and Pickford would get games for us) it's showing they've at least got the ambition to compete

Selling Lukaku is obviously happening but at least they're making moves to improve overall. Add in the promise of the new stadium and I can understand them being buzzing

With the inflated prices they haven't really stepped up, they probably have the Lukaku cheque and want the purchases in first before they sell. 

Don't really give a shit, all of the teams below them will be improving and all of the teams above them too. They're doing the minimum to try to stay where they are, and as fans you really want that special signing that's going to take you a step or a few up.

The big news is that one of the premierships top scorers plays for them and they're selling him to a top side. They sell their best players for big cash and buy the scraps and go again. They are Southampton basically, and will never progress while they do that.

Lukaku said he wants to win the league, wants to play in the champions league and wants to win trophies. He is basically saying he knows he will never do that at Everton. The only good thing is that (and I believe this is correct) if you remove all of Lukaku's goals from last season, they still finish in the same position. 

• Upvote 1

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/stunning-dock-pool-everton-stadium-13193006

A stunning floating swimming pool will be built in a city centre dock if Liverpool wins its bid to host the 2022 Commonwealth Games.

And the new Everton stadium at Bramley Moore Dock looks set to become the main athletics venue.

Liverpool will today reveal details of its bid for the 2022 Commonwealth Games – including many of the venues it could use.

And the ECHO can reveal that if Liverpool’s bid is successful, a 5,000-seat swimming arena will be built in one of the docks near the Albert Dock.

The city’s bid team and its Mayor Joe Anderson hope the pool will help showcase the city’s beauty to a potential TV audience of a billion people.

The pool and surrounding deck would float in the dock while stands and a roof would be built above it. Spectators would have stunning views over Mann Island and the Pier Head.

Once the games are over the stands would be removed and the pool would be opened to the public as a city centre “lido”.

The full details of Liverpool’s bid will be unveiled this afternoon featuring world champion boxer Tony Bellew, Commonwealth Games gold medallist Beth Tweddle and three-time Commonwealth medallist Steve Parry,as well as Liverpool 2022 bid chairman Brian Barwick.

To the north, the ECHO understands Everton’s proposed stadium at Bramley Moore Dock would host athletics events.

Games officials are believed to be in talks with Everton over the club’s own plans and that it will be very much a football stadium that hosts an athletics event - the Blues will not have to sacrifice atmosphere or intimacy.

Even though I'm not really impressed with the signings they've made, credit to them for trying to get all their business done early. I realise it's a lot easier to make signings at that level then it is to at the level we're supposed to be trying to shop at, but fair play for not pissing about and getting the deals done.

Us, on the other hand, need to stop dithering. We've got owners that like to talk the talk when it comes to the players we'll be looking to sign this season, but it's about time they walked the walk. And if they aren't prepared to do so, maybe they should think about selling up and letting someone with far more ambition take control of this great club.

• Upvote 2

We can laugh but if LFC we're offered Saleh, Pickford or Klassenn at the end of the season how many of us would have gone for Saleh over the other 2?

Think we're shopping for the same level of player, just being quoted more because we are Liverpool and big clubs have to pay a premium when buying players, especially from clubs who don't want to sell.

• Upvote 1

Klaasen is a decent enough buy...solid 1 goal in 3 record for Ajax overall is good for an AM.

Has 4 goals in 14 for his national side and has scored 35 goals in the last two seasons for Ajax (89 games) 25 in February, has experience captaining Ajax.

Just because it is Everton we seem to want to dismiss him - looks decent enough business from them to me.

• Upvote 1

We can laugh but if LFC we're offered Saleh, Pickford or Klassenn at the end of the season how many of us would have gone for Saleh over the other 2?

Think we're shopping for the same level of player, just being quoted more because we are Liverpool and big clubs have to pay a premium when buying players, especially from clubs who don't want to sell.

What? I'd take Salah over those two any day of the week.  And are we hell shopping for the same level of player. We might end up doing in the end because our owners seem to be tight-fisted bastards, but it's clear the calibre of player we've been linked with at the moment are far superior to the players Everton have been linked with or have signed.

• Upvote 1

Klaasen is a decent enough buy...solid 1 goal in 3 record for Ajax overall is good for an AM.

Has 4 goals in 14 for his national side and has scored 35 goals in the last two seasons for Ajax (89 games) 25 in February, has experience captaining Ajax.

Just because it is Everton we seem to want to dismiss him - looks decent enough business from them to me.

Dutch league tho, which isnt much better than the Scottish one these days.

Persomally I wouldnt want any player theyve signed this summer.

Offered him 50p a point between Liverpool & Everton at the end of the season but he said we should wait until the end of the transfer window before making any bets. 

All bravado, he's still bricking it even after we've made complete tits of ourselves in the transfer window and they're breaking all their transfer records. 

• Upvote 1

Even though I'm not really impressed with the signings they've made, credit to them for trying to get all their business done early. I realise it's a lot easier to make signings at that level then it is to at the level we're supposed to be trying to shop at, but fair play for not pissing about and getting the deals done.

Us, on the other hand, need to stop dithering. We've got owners that like to talk the talk when it comes to the players we'll be looking to sign this season, but it's about time they walked the walk. And if they aren't prepared to do so, maybe they should think about selling up and letting someone with far more ambition take control of this great club.

Can't argue with any of that.

I'm just glad that signings are getting made quickly,with obviously a fair few more to come

No doubt the Lukaku and Barkley money will contribute a fair bit towards the necessary wedge.

• Upvote 1

Can't argue with any of that.

I'm just glad that signings are getting made quickly,with obviously a fair few more to come

No doubt the Lukaku and Barkley money will contribute a fair bit towards the necessary wedge.

Common sense from a blue ? Do you live next door to me, and look after your fence ?

• Upvote 1