You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ayres new MD, Comolli DoF

jackofdk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Werner = Chairman, he's looking after NESV's investment, making sure that it runs efficiently and profitably.

MD (Ayres) actually runs the business as a seperate entity, ie he works for LFC and NESV doesn't matter to him.

Fucked if I know how a CEO would fit in.

I don't understand people whinging about this. They didn't fanny about, they took their time and made sure they got it right. Ayres came out of the H&G fiasco with his reputation greatly enhanced, no mean feat. I think it's good to see that NESV have confidence in him to run the show and I expect him to do well.

Really? Who then made the decision to charge the fan £50 more for getting their ST from the window.

Really? Who then made the decision to charge the fan £50 more for getting their ST from the window.

That doesn't get a fraction of the publicity the Standard Chartered deal does though. I don't know enough about his job to quantify his successes/fuck ups but as I said, his reputation is good.

Guest San Don
Mike Jefferies reckons they couldn't get the guy they wanted and Ayre is in on a trial.

Just who the fuck is this mike jefferies?

Is he the one feeding brazil the line FSG only 'bought the club because it was cheap and can move it on soon for a big profit'?

Fucking does my head in these ne'er do wells.

That doesn't get a fraction of the publicity the Standard Chartered deal does though. I don't know enough about his job to quantify his successes/fuck ups but as I said, his reputation is good.

Well i will try to remind the fans of the Ayres & graces of that momentous moment, when every single fan got ripped off by Ayres proposal, whiles they sing his graces eh.

Guest San Don
Well i will try to remind the fans of the Ayres & graces of momentous moment, when every single fan got ripped off by Ayres proposal, whiles they sing his graces eh.

Well he was attempting to maximise the club's income!

thoroughly underwhelmed by all this - major double announcement my hole!

they fanny around for 6 months, then appoint a man who has been here the whole time (after being rejected by their preferred target) and change the job title of the other

now please, can we get some stadium and kenny news please or will we have to wait another 6 months for that?

yes i'm an impatient fcukwit, I know that but my complaints are valid

How do you know they were rejected, if your answer is in anyway connected to Mike Jefferies then forget about it.

Hopefully the Dalglish and Clarke deals are announced soon, the stadium is gona be redeveloped

The explanation is already up there. Ayres is the MD - with the same responsibilities as a CEO except it looks like Comolli will have the responsibility for the money and contract side of signing players. Presumably FSG are happy with what Ayres is doing but in Comolli they have someone they clearly trust and like regarding players.

The key question in all this - how does it affect Kenny? IMO he needs a strong voice in who we buy as well as who plays where.

Apart from a £50 fuck up I've yet to hear a bad word about Ayers.

As was mentioned earlier, (apologies I can't remember who said it) he was brought in under C&A and managed to fulfill his role whilst doing the best he could comercially (pissing fans off) in a fucking mad house.

The fact he came out of that spell with his reutation 'relatively' in tact with both fans and the new owners is impressive in my book.

I couldn't give a shit if he wasn't first choice as long as he does the best job.

Apart from a £50 fuck up I've yet to hear a bad word about Ayers.

As was mentioned earlier, (apologies I can't remember who said it) he was brought in under C&A and managed to fulfill his role whilst doing the best he could comercially (pissing fans off) in a fucking mad house.

The fact he came out of that spell with his reutation 'relatively' in tact with both fans and the new owners is impressive in my book.

I couldn't give a shit if he wasn't first choice as long as he does the best job.

Thousands of LOCAL PAYING FANS would disgree with that, some would call him a ****, knowing hes a local, knowing how hard the cash flows in this city.

Mike Jefferies reckons they couldn't get the guy they wanted and Ayre is in on a trial.

No sooner do we hear some positive news coming from the club ( hopefully)we have fans quoting we have taken any old available minion to take us forward as it transpires that someone I have never heard of ,my loss maybe, reckons so..

Thats what

Thousands of LOCAL PAYING FANS would disgree with that, some would call him a ****, knowing hes a local, knowing how hard the cash flows in this city.

Thousands of local fans got ripped off. Who is arguing about that?

The guy had an almost impossible task.

"Rob your fans blind but don't piss them off to the point they won't spend any more on us".

It's a shitty position when you have no leverage on how you generate income.

If in 5 years Ayers decides the corporates need a discount because of the recession and ups match day tickets he'll rightly get slaughterd.

Until then I have no problem with his move upstairs.