You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Month is a new chapter in my life.

Guest simon

Some of you may remember i went on a trial before Christmas at a restaurant in Somerset. Which i foolishly mistaken for Devon haha, well that aside I impressed and received a phone call in late January asking if I'm still looking for a job. I was, so said yes. He gave a little talk saying how before he was there they got very bad reviews. But he believes he can win rosettes for the place, he said he is aiming for 2 by next year. As you can guess this appealed to me immensely, I mean.. the thought of being a part in helping anywhere win Rosettes is amazing, also very valuable for a CV. It's took time to sort out, as its live in. They have a flat for me on site. The same place I stayed on my trial. I received a call this morning asking if I'm ready. I said yes he said right call me once you have the funds to get here. I'm waiting on a bit from the Church Green then I'm going to make the move. I'm going to leave everything behind except my clothes and comp and Books. I'm extremely excited and I know I can learn allot here. It is in the middle of nowhere but that will just make me enjoy work even more. It's a huge risk I'm taking here as there is noway back if I knacker this up I find myself homeless again. But its a risk I am willing to take the place is amazing has lots of plans one to eventually turn into a hotel. The place is truly stunning and in the summer extremely busy. Food is good and fresh. All home grown there own meat. Its stuff a chef dreams of. The Kitchen is huge and all upto date well kitted. As i said im extremely excited and cant wait just thought id update people on how everything is going as some of the people on here are genuinely interested also i feel it as my duty as. It's all thanks to people i have met on here.

Id certainly like to thank RobboRisse and Remmie for help with my CV that got me this opportunity. Also Auntyaveez for some Great advice. Cath for her help to and my Knife that helps me immensely with my speed. And Dogiedoins for his lift and the chat. Seriously this place is amazing and i love you all even the ones that take the piss at the end of the day the piss takers have been a huge help. Seriously A new Start equals a new me im in the Country side in the Mountains i intend to make the best of what's around me im going to be getting fit in high altitude. Maybe spend allot of time writing. Reading etc. I truly cant wait. Well i just wanted to say thanks to everyone and also ask that If everyone just give out random rep to everyone because everyone deserves it. Thanks GF truly are like a Family.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss

Good luck Simon, hope it works out great for you.

You are on to a winner by taking advantage of your new surroundings, its vitally important if you want to settle in and feel comfortable wth the change. Where do you get this idea about high altitude though?

Great stuff Si. I wish you the best of luck with it, and I'm sure you'll keep us up to date. Be aware that high altitude starves the brain of oxygen though, and coherence is one of the first things affected!

I myself am about to partake in a career change, but I'm not at liberty to say anything at this stage unfortunately. I'm praying it goes well because it will be a quantum leap forward if it happens.

Anyway, a big well done.