You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

House buying advice.

Ezekiel 25:17

That sounds great Anny. can we discuss pensions as well, so that i can sit quietly and listen and maybe actually learn something about them because i know the square root of fuck all about them and I'm approaching 40.

RiS, old boy, my FA keeps trying to tempt me into taking out a pension. Complete oik. Works on commission.

bit of a funny time at the moment. Interest rates are surely due to rise shortly, however by the looks of it house prices are certainly going to drop. This may or may not affect the lower end of the market, its impossible to say really. I do expect though that in 12-18 months most house prices will be 10% less than they are now.

Why don't we just retire to my club afterwards. It's very shall we say accommodating.

I'll drive I'll bring the Jaaaagg

How bizarre is that. I have just had an e-mail from my club. Yes I do have a membership. It's closing. There was never any hookers maybe we need a Melons injection to boost the membership. That's a dam shame.

Two close friends are looking to buy there first house but are complete novices when it comes to putting in offers etc for houses. They're looking for somewhere affordable to get them going and have seen two properties in the same street (Rufford Street, Bootle), one is on at 85k and one at 90. Now what they're wondering is basically what kind of offer should they make and what research can they do to help make the right offer. They're not well off and would like to get the house for a good price, any advice will be passed on and greatly appreciated, reps and shit.

Do they know if any houses on that street or adjacent streets which are broadly similar in size and condition have been sold recently? If so they can use the land registry to search for how much the actual sale price was. Follow this link https://www.landregistry.gov.uk/wps/portal/Property_Search to take a look. It costs £4 per search but will let you see what was paid and no the estate agents wet dream numbers. I used it to save £17K when I bought my current house.

bit of a funny time at the moment. Interest rates are surely due to rise shortly, however by the looks of it house prices are certainly going to drop. This may or may not affect the lower end of the market, its impossible to say really. I do expect though that in 12-18 months most house prices will be 10% less than they are now.

You see, I can't shake the feeling that prices are definitely going to fall soon. I think that things are going to get a little apocalyptic, what with every cunt on the island getting laid off, and that is going to hit house prices hard. I am really wary of buying now because I keep thinking about the levels that interest rates got to in the eighties and it sends a shudder down by spine. If you think that the financial climate is going to be worse than it was back then, and I do, then surely mortgage rates of ten percent and over are surely not unimaginable?

I've had a deposit for a while now but I'm shit scared of getting in too deep.

Comments?

You see, I can't shake the feeling that prices are definitely going to fall soon. I think that things are going to get a little apocalyptic, what with every cunt on the island getting laid off, and that is going to hit house prices hard. I am really wary of buying now because I keep thinking about the levels that interest rates got to in the eighties and it sends a shudder down by spine. If you think that the financial climate is going to be worse than it was back then, and I do, then surely mortgage rates of ten percent and over are surely not unimaginable?

I've had a deposit for a while now but I'm shit scared of getting in too deep.

Comments?

Man up, Monty, you fucking girl. This country needs to grow some balls before we talk ourselves into a depression.