You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

When was the last time someone scored two hat-tricks and it was held against them!

Probably just me but I tend to dismiss games where players are able to score multiple goals

TBH outside of seeing Downing when he played against us I don't know much about the guy but just trying to be positive. I don't follow La Liga so only know Maxi since he has been here.

Haha... Maxi was known, in Spain, for his scoring ability. He bagged like three hat tricks a season(04-05) for Espanyol, but his scoring fell off at the end of his time at Atletico... and even more so when he joined us.

Yeah he is more of a finisher than creator. I think Maxi is decent on the ball, and a reasonable passer, pretty similar around the pitch to Downing. Stewpot would be better at crossing, final balls and getting in positions for assists and creating goals when it comes to the sexy part of the pitch.

Can we bid for Pato, Mata or Aguero?

Please?

Bringing in LB, CB, & possibly back-up striker

I think a good striker should be bought. I know we've already spent loads, but a good striker is going to make us a lot more assured and confident as a squad, it should also help Suarez and Carroll focus more too knowing that there's a good player that can come on if they aren't playing well enough.

Bollocks to it anyway, we've got Downing now which is great, back to being patient and seeing what happens next. I think we'll have another good attacking signing coming in though.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Walcott last 3 seasons in the PL 14 goals 11 assists

Downing last 3 seasons in the PL 9 goals 11 assists

The fact that one just turned 22 and the other one will be 27 in couple of weeks. And that Downing cost more than double of Walcotts 9.1 million tells me its laughable comparison:yes:

Your stats mean nothing because it's the team they play in.

Downing would've probably done way better than Walcott if you'd had him in an Arsenal team, and he'll surely do a lot better in a Liverpool team. It's the players they're with that make the assists work and the goal chances arrive.

All signs seem to point to a 4-3-3.

Henderson, Adam, Gerrard, Lucas, Meireles, Aquilani to fill those three, fucking brilliant.

Suarez, Carroll, Downing, Maxi, Kuyt, Cole to fill the front three, I'm satisfied but another top class winger would put us well over the top.

Add that to an excellent group of young players who I would trust with a starting berth.

Just have to shore up our defence, but I'm thoroughly overjoyed with what we've achieved so far. Bring Sunderland on.

Fucking great post dude. Somebody rep this guy. I hope we dont sell any midfielders, we need options and endurance. And Henderson can play up front/wide as well.

I also hope we add to the attackers, one tricky fast guy to stretch the D.

Most links today seem to be with a striker...

Kenny Dalglish is closely monitoring the situation of Chelsea youngster Daniel Sturridge with a view to making an approach for the Blues striker.

Full story: Footie Online

Liverpool are also after Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain as the club looks to make a statement of intent. The possible arrivals of Neymar and Carlos Tevez at the Bernabeu could mean at least one of Real's strikers are made available.

Full story: Footy Bunker

Obviously they are completely unfounded but maybe we are going to sign another forward too.

wowzer - £90m on Downing, Henderson, Carroll and Adam

i just hope they work out

Downing 18 + 2

Henderson 13 + 3

Carroll 35

Adam 7 + 1.5

The basic fees are £73m. Even if all the clauses are activated it is £79.5m.

But don't let facts get in the way of your dribble chinned astonishment.

Wasnt really bothered by him at all but he's gonna sign so i hope and pray he does well. any idea what our starting lineup will be(with a new left back of course) as i dont have a clue.

The King only knows!

I cannot even hazard a guess as to why we have bought 2 more CMs though. I really do find that one quite strange. I thought there was at least 3 positions which needed addressing before that one!

------------Reina------------

-Johnson-Carra-Skrtel--LB--- (Or maybe Agger if he's fit)

---Gerrard--Lucas--Adam---

---Suarez-----------Downing-

------------Carroll---------

Bench: Doni, Kelly, Kuyt, Henderson, Spearing, Agger(if fit, if not? Flanagan/Robinson/Sterling/Coady/Wisdom), Maxi

Probably.

Bench: Doni, Kelly, Kuyt, Henderson, Spearing, Agger(if fit, if not? Flanagan/Robinson/Sterling/Coady/Wisdom), Maxi

Probably.

I have concerns with that bench. Good players to a man but you look to the bench for someone to change a game. As with last season, there is no-one there.

I really hope we bring in someone with the ability to unlock defences.

Henderson could...

I'll go with your better judgement on this one!

I actually can't figure out what sort of player Henderson is but, from the little I have seen of Henderson in the Prem (and watching him for the U21s), he doesn't seem that type of player to me. But my sample size is fairly small and I'd be very happy if he was.

Wouldn't mind another player of that ilk, mind.

I'll go with your better judgement on this one!

I actually can't figure out what sort of player Henderson is but, from the little I have seen of Henderson in the Prem (and watching him for the U21s), he doesn't seem that type of player to me. But my sample size is fairly small and I'd be very happy if he was.

Wouldn't mind another player of that ilk, mind.

He's another excellent passer of the football, and an athlete... I would imagine that we could drop sub Lucas and bring on Henderson when looking for a goal.

I agree that we need another quality wide player, but there might not be the funds for that and the necessary leftback.

Probably.

I'd have more thought it would be a 4-2-3-1

----------------reina------------------

johnson-----carra-------agger------LB

-----------lucas------adam------------

------suarez------gerrard----downing---

----------------------carroll----------

I think we need a centre half, the greek should be moved on he is a liability. Agger is broke, so we need another one.

You keep hoping Agger can have an injury free season, as he is a great player but it never,ever happens.

Your stats mean nothing because it's the team they play in.

Downing would've probably done way better than Walcott if you'd had him in an Arsenal team, and he'll surely do a lot better in a Liverpool team. It's the players they're with that make the assists work and the goal chances arrive.

The team Walcott played for scored a total of 223 goals in the league over those 3 seasons.

The teams Downing played for in the same period scored 128. That would suggest a slight difference in quality of the players around him.

I'd have more thought it would be a 4-2-3-1

----------------reina------------------

johnson-----carra-------agger------LB

-----------lucas------adam------------

------suarez------gerrard----downing---

----------------------carroll----------

I think Downing and Suarez will be tighter than in 'my formation' to Carroll, but there will be space for Adam or Gerrard to surge into, I think.

I could see Lucas staying deeper than Adam/Gerrard but not a huge amount. I think they'll stay pretty close together.

loool like 75 million is good deal for those players. None of these guys are top players in the PL. I know none of you wanna question these deals because King Kenny is legend. But Im sure if Spurs bought these four for 75 million....you would be laughing at them as well:yes:

I was wondering why you come on here and then I remembered that you support a club, who, rather than going forward, are struggling to hold on to their best players. Belief in Wenger is shot. Look at last seasons top 4. All the others are strengthening, you lot are just trying to hold on to your existing players. You are the weak ones of that pack and will be the first ones to be picked off.