You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Love the way the press like to don things like this. How can a club force a player that has potentially kept them up and loved by their fans, be forced to go. Also if they wanted shut they could have easily accepted our bid for 30 million first offer.

I could be wrong but doesn't add up. Mind you frig all has added up recent days. Who knows but am made up we have signed him.

He is injury-proof, which is ace.

The £35m price tag isn't his problem, he can score 1000 goals and people will still question the price tag, so there's no point in worrying about something you can never do anything about.

And I'm sure Kenny's already thought about all this and had a chat with the lad to make sure his head is right. We wouldn't be spending £35m on a player if we had doubts about his mentality.

Just realised, we've spent more on a player than the Mancs ever have!

Fuck me, what a day.

Not sure about any of this. Faustus (couple of posts up) says he has to stay with Nolan's mum. I would rather the club kept a closer eye on him and hope we can get him focussed on his football rather than his social life.

Agreed but club have always been top notch looking after their players (even vinny conner) tonight when they let him in behind the melwood gates and supplied him with food! Got best man manager as well, in think we can keep his head well and truly focused.

Apparently told to go.

There are now fears that Newcastle won't see a penny of that 30+M as it will go straight in Ashley's pocket

Don't shoot the messenger.

Told to go ? Yeah if you believe that you are as deluded as the Toon fans.

Pop quiz

20k or 80k?

Pardew or Dalglish

Ameobi or Suarez

He looks like a devestated man, maybe we should set up a charity for him ....

Guest davelfc
How long has he left do you know under house arrest or what ever it is?

As long as he doesn't go and live with Carra's dad, there's a sit-com on it's own.

As long as he doesn't go and live with Carra's dad, there's a sit-com on it's own.

Haha or as long as he doesn't live with gerrard and go to southport on a night out.

I can't help but think gerrard must be at home thinking yeah lost torres but Suarez and Carroll....is right!!

Probably been posted a fuckload of times, but here are his goals so far this season:

YouTube - Andy Carroll premier leauge goals so far! Newcastle N0.9

Nice variety of finishes - He can be a true complete striker if he manages to screw his head on straight.

Close him down Lucas!

Should be a threat from corners and set pieces from now on anyway.

Dzeko is better and cheaper' date=' why didn't we go for him?

Also, out of interest, would you rather have Dzeko + Tevez or Carroll + Suarez?[/quote']

Because we still had Torres when Dzeko got sold and also didn't have the 50 million quid to spend.

I haven't seen enough of either Dzeko or Carroll to be honest to make an assessment.

FFS be happy for once, Great signings forget about the money as the tax man would have taken it and be proud of your club.

More in the summer, we are on the up.

Here here, I'd rather be overspending on raw talent then sitting waiting for the money to disappear down the swanny to Texas.

NESV have shown their intent with these signings, fair play to them. Long may it continue.