You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I certainly did not expect this tbh. I raise my hand and say I never really rated him. He is a Liverpool player now and hope he bangs in a lot of goals. Clearly, I have not seen enough of him tbh and people saying big clubs weren't in for him don't know one bit. Chelsea were in for him in the summer according to this link ...

Chelsea are considering making a surprise move for Newcastle United starlet Andy Carroll, believing a £7 million sum to be enough to capture the promising striker.

According to BBC Sport, the Blues were impressed with the 21-year-old's performances last season for the Toon, where his goal haul helped fire them back into the Premier League and lift the Championship crown.

Carroll bagged 19 goals in 35 games for Chris Hughton's side, and Chelsea are apparently willing to pay a sizeable fee for the England Under-21 international.

With Nicolas Anelka and Didier Drogba both over 30 years of age, manager Carlo Ancelotti is keen to add young firepower to his squad in a bid to unearth long-term replacements for the duo.

The Italian signed Manchester City striker Daniel Sturridge last summer and is rumoured to be looking at other promising 'homegrown' stars this time around.

Any move for Carroll could be stopped by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, who is being extra careful not to upset supporters by selling their most highly-rated player.

Ashley already has a strained relationship with the Magpies supporters, after they blamed him for their team's relegation from the Premier League 12-months previous.

Chelsea To Bid £7 For Andy Carroll Of Newcastle United - Report - Goal.com

But that was for 7 million only, we bought him for 35 million- 5 times the price. Then again, he is English and maybe we were desperate given the short amount of time. The Chelsea link tells me that he was always talented and highly rated. We may have gambled but we did it on a very talented player. So the risk may be minimal after all. Plus, he will play for England soon so he will sell shirts and be a very good marketing commodity for the club.

ALL HAIL THE NEW KOP HERO!!!!

I certainly did not expect this tbh. I raise my hand and say I never really rated him. He is a Liverpool player now and hope he bangs in a lot of goals. Clearly, I have not seen enough of him tbh and people saying big clubs weren't in for him don't know one bit. Chelsea were in for him in the summer according to this link ...

But that was for 7 million only, we bought him for 35 million- 5 times the price. Then again, he is English and maybe we were desperate given the short amount of time. The Chelsea link tells me that he was always talented and highly rated. We may have gambled but we did it on a very talented player. So the risk may be minimal after all. Plus, he will play for England soon so he will sell shirts and be a very good marketing commodity for the club.

ALL HAIL THE NEW KOP HERO!!!!

He was English at the time they were allegedly interested.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I've settled since my first outburst about him not being worth the money. He clearly isn't in the £35m player bracket, at least not yet, but we've not so much purchased a player as we have purchased a partnership. For around 8m, we've got two players with heart and aggression, something Fernandowen hasn't looked to have for a long time and in return we've got a pair of goal-scoring beasts and potential partnership in return. We've lost a very talented, unhappy, want-away, but proven to be a 'top-level' (... erm, twat?) player. We've gained something that has been sorely missing.

As to these reports of Carroll not wanting to come here but being forced out. I think it's illogical to believe them. Offers from Liverpool and Spurs turned down flat. Fees way in excess of his current value. Even the offer that was finally accepted, which was originally rejected, has only gone through because they player himself forced it. Maybe he was willing and happy to be Shearer, but he handed in a transfer request when the fee got big and one of the only two big clubs in England came calling.

Whether the new partnership will stand up to the partnerships of the past, or even replace Torres Escariot, time will only tell. Based on recent form, it can't be hard. I'm finding it quite easy to convince myself that Torres was actually quite shit. All I had to do was delete his 2007/08 highlights to delete most of the evidence to the contrary.

Long live the revolution. Mascherano gone. Alonso gone. Torres gone. Things are changing.

He was English at the time they were allegedly interested.

Yes, but he did not score goals in the premier league and was not on the brink of the national team at that time. At that time they may have seen it as not worthy.

Imagine, if he is a success for us or England? We will have one of the biggest stars on our books. Forget Wilshere or Walcott, he has potential to be bigger than both of them. Both of them are not forwards really but Carroll is and he is a true number 9. We all know that Centre forwards >>>> Midfielders when it comes to marketing and stardom. :drool:

An overhyped over valued under performing twat. 35 fucking million SQUANDERED pounds.

oh, and did i mention he's injured????

This has Aquilani written all over it.

Gotta love Torres' comments on joining Chelsea 'Its always been my goal to play for one of the top clubs in the world and win the Champions League'

I thought the guy was sensible, but I see now he lives in cuckoo land.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
An overhyped over valued under performing twat. 35 fucking million SQUANDERED pounds.

Well done, you've managed to be a massive prick. Even if you think he's been overvalued, calling him a twat before he has ever kicked a ball for us is pathetic.

He's not worth 20 million. He's not a very good footballer. He's an absolute beast in the air and if you have watched Newcastle you will notice they play very direct style with him being fed with long balls all game. Rest of his game is really not Liverpool standard and you will notice this unless you play to his strengths

He certainly dominated you cunts Aerially and on the Deck at the library.

Still in a daze at the fee we paid for this lad. And another strange thing about this - the guy is best known for his heading ability. We rarely deliver good crosses in the box, we don't play with wingers and have very little width. All our attacking play comes down the middle which suited us nicely with Torres up top, he had the pace to run on to through balls and flicks. But Carroll isn't the same sort of player. How will we get the best out of him? And another point of concern - he was clearly pushed out of Newcastle, he doesn't really want to be here - a bit like a sulking, moping Spanish striker we once had. Factor in his run-ins with the law and his penchant for beating up team-mates, we have taken such a massive risk. Still shocked by it all. If Carroll flops, Commolli's head will rightfully be on the chopping block.

Apparently he didn't want to go. These texts have been released by his mate Steve Wraith, editor of fanzine Toon Talk who has been on ssn in the past

http://www.fansonline.net/newcastleu...cle.php?id=599

Here is a transcript of the texts that i made and received.

Sunday 30th January 14:37

SW: Are you leaving mate?

AC: I\'m not going anywhere mate.

Monday 31st January 16:28

SW: Liverpool in for you mate. Any truth in that?

AC: Dunno what\'s happening yet still mate. Thanks.

17:02

SW: Sky Sports say it\'s a matter of time mate. What\'s club said?

AC: they have kind of said we don\'t want u but want me to say I wanna go. And I said I don\'t want to go.

17:26

SW: Have you put in a transfer request?

AC: No I didn\'t that\'s what I mean that\'s what they wanted me to do and I said no.

17:27

SW: So they want you to go?

AC: They said they wanted to accept it.

17:28

SW: So you have no choice?

AC: Looks like it.

17:31

SW: Your agent will be doing ok out of this. When you going?

AC: I don\'t know mate. Gutted tho.

17:32

SW: Any message you want put across to the fans? I\'m happy to do that for you mate.

AC: They said they wanted the money.

17:37

SW: Anything else?

AC: Gutted to be leaving Newcastle but I was kind of pushed out the door.

17:41

SW: That it?

AC: Just what i\'ve just said really. Gutted to be leaving my home club but I was practically told to go. Didn\'t want to leave that\'s why i signed a 5 year deal.

17:47

SW: I will pass these onto the press lads I know.

AC: Sound mate.

17:56

SW: Can you give press lads a call to do an interview when deal done?

AC: I will yeah. I will speak to him later. Bit busy atm mate.

Fantastic post and I agree with it all, he's still after his Barnes (think he saw Ashley Young as that player) and that's the next piece. Doubt it will be N'Zogbia now since he had a fight with Carroll in training (brave man).

Interesting thought that Kenny is somehow "recreating" his greatest ever Liverpool team.

Suarez is who? Beardo?

I also quite like the synchronicity of breaking the transfer record to sign Newcastle's best player. Again.

But we certainly don't have a Barnes, and in midfield we don't have a McMahon. Or a Nicol in defence. Or a Hansen (although I suppose Agger could be considered an Aldi version of Jockey).

I'm most disappointed about our lack of reinforcement in CM, which is a gaping hole.

I am very pleased with selling Torres for 50 mill. and getting Carrol and Suarez in. Torres havent been able to recieve the ball without losing it lately, and does not fit into kennys idea of move and pass. He has been shit for a long time, except for the last couple of games. He must have gotten a brick in his head or something, It feels just like after I had a major break up with a girl you thought you loved, and after the shock you just feel free... Suarez and Carrol sounds way better than Torres and Ngog....I just hope we can offload Ngog to the summer, he is just fucking shite. :wallbutt:

All in all:

Holy Comolli...great work by the club ! :P

I think those texts are absolute bullshit, it's like if Nando were to text Koptalk for chtistsakes. On another note...

Carroll EPL stats this season so far:

Games : 20

Starts : 19

subbed off : 1

GOALS : 11

ASSISTS : 7

Bookings : 4

Sent off : 0

Scored against : Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool & Arsenal to name a few. .

Home goals : 7

Away goals : 4

Hat-tricks : 1

Not to bad so far to say the least!

Apparently he didn't want to go. These texts have been released by his mate Steve Wraith, editor of fanzine Toon Talk who has been on ssn in the past

http://www.fansonline.net/newcastleu...cle.php?id=599

Here is a transcript of the texts that i made and received.

Sunday 30th January 14:37

SW: Are you leaving mate?

AC: I\'m not going anywhere mate.

Monday 31st January 16:28

SW: Liverpool in for you mate. Any truth in that?

AC: Dunno what\'s happening yet still mate. Thanks.

17:02

SW: Sky Sports say it\'s a matter of time mate. What\'s club said?

AC: they have kind of said we don\'t want u but want me to say I wanna go. And I said I don\'t want to go.

17:26

SW: Have you put in a transfer request?

AC: No I didn\'t that\'s what I mean that\'s what they wanted me to do and I said no.

17:27

SW: So they want you to go?

AC: They said they wanted to accept it.

17:28

SW: So you have no choice?

AC: Looks like it.

17:31

SW: Your agent will be doing ok out of this. When you going?

AC: I don\'t know mate. Gutted tho.

17:32

SW: Any message you want put across to the fans? I\'m happy to do that for you mate.

AC: They said they wanted the money.

17:37

SW: Anything else?

AC: Gutted to be leaving Newcastle but I was kind of pushed out the door.

17:41

SW: That it?

AC: Just what i\'ve just said really. Gutted to be leaving my home club but I was practically told to go. Didn\'t want to leave that\'s why i signed a 5 year deal.

17:47

SW: I will pass these onto the press lads I know.

AC: Sound mate.

17:56

SW: Can you give press lads a call to do an interview when deal done?

AC: I will yeah. I will speak to him later. Bit busy atm mate.

not exactly delighted with those but if its true its understandable. Hopefully he will get over it quick enough when he gets his first big welcome at anfield

I'm most disappointed about our lack of reinforcement in CM, which is a gaping hole.

I think we will work on that in the summer. We will buy mostly British players and will probably land Ashley Young and Charlie Adam. Some of the foreigners will be sold to raise money. Our net spend is very low in this transfer window so we will have cash to splash in the summer. We may get one or two continental flair players but mostly home grown.

If Kenny is successful in the next few months he will stay so we will mostly get what he wants. :santa: