You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Post your questions for John Henry and Thomas Werner (NESV)

LFCTV

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would appear the Royster is going to stay in place until the end of the season then.

No it doesn't. It just appears that the owners think that 1) the results this year has been very, very bad, and 2) the results need to improve.

If not, then.. They'll probably remove Roy. That's how I perceived them anyways.

Guest davelfc
No it doesn't. It just appears that the owners think that 1) the results this year has been very, very bad, and 2) the results need to improve.

If not, then.. They'll probably remove Roy. That's how I perceived them anyways.

You daft bugger, you're watching CBeebies.

Guest davelfc

Roy will have thought it all went really well.

Note he blasted the squad earlier today for them being so shit against Newcastle. Nothing like shifting the blame completely.

Those two aren't stupid. They'll have listened to the level of feeling against the manager, bloody hell a feller even admitted live on air that he'd lied to get on so he could make his point. They'll make the decision when the time is right and they know they have the right man ready. He won't be here beyond this season at the latest.

Those two aren't stupid. They'll have listened to the level of feeling against the manager, bloody hell a feller even admitted live on air that he'd lied to get on so he could make his point.

Well it is stupid to lie on air, and the question-rant was rightly the only one to go unanswered. The issue was already discussed.

But if the likes of that re-occurs, I reckon they'll suspend live phone-ins and go back to prepared, filtered quizzes with members of the board instead.

Well it is stupid to lie on air, and the question-rant was rightly the only one to go unanswered. The issue was already discussed.

But if the likes of that re-occurs, I reckon they'll suspend live phone-ins and go back to prepared, filtered quizzes with members of the board instead.

NO! PLEASE DONT LET THEM SUSPEND LIVE PHONE INS!

They actually said more than I expected them too in fairness, they at least commented on how shite we've been which means they're not totally oblivious to this mess.

More or less starting to come to terms with the fact that its going to be a few years before we're anywhere near challenging for champions league spots again.

Such a pity because we have some good players, 2 or 3 quality additions could put us back to being a team capable of challenging for the CL again. We should probably be doing it now anyway, a decent manager could make a go at it with what we've got given how shite the league has been.

As it stands we arn't even close to making a go of it.

Its looking like we're going to have a shit season and lose at least 1 major player. Potentially maybe more.

No European footballs going to make very difficult to attract top class players without offering ridiculous wages which I doubt NESV/Fenway would be happy with.

So never mind getting new players, we're going to struggle to replace the ones who leave.

Think this season is going to set us back 3 or 4 years and thats just soul destroying considering the right moves could see us in a much better position for the start of next season.

I liked the fella who said if we don't get into Europe and lose Torres and Reina it would set us back 10 years.

10 years is probably pushing it a bit O_o

My line of thinking is we'll lose Torres at least. Maybe more.

Without European football the only way we'll get top players is by throwing cash willy nilly ala Man City style. And I'm not sure our new owners will do that. Could be proved wrong though and they'll splash the cash for fun.

But without silly money being spent we're going to have to take chances on young up and coming players who might not have totally made it onto the radars of the other teams.

And Comolli is going to have to be damn good at his job if we want to have any success at all with that approach.

I think the fact that we'll struggle to attract players which can immediately improve the team will set us back a few years because we'll be relying on young players to mature into top players.

I like that approach personally, but its risky and its going to require some serious hard work and 2/3/ maybe 4 years in the wilderness(mid-table) I'd imagine.

The problem is --- if we have 3-4 years in the wilderness then they're going to lose money on their investment.

Well thats the hope isn't it. They'll come to that realisation and say "hold on a fucking sec, we need to do something here".

Personally I hope they just sack Roy. That would give us a fighting chance, or failing that just buy 2 or 3 quality players in January and hope that they somehow work with his style of play. But I doubt we'll see much movement in January even if they were prepared to throw money at the problem its a tough market to buy in.

I think in the rush to embrace a new golden era with some magical long term strategy alot of us fans have forgotten the fact that you still have to keep an eye on the short term. Having a disaster of a season won't kill us but it could sure as hell cripple us for a few years.

They actually said more than I expected them too in fairness, they at least commented on how shite we've been which means they're not totally oblivious to this mess.

Everyone knows the state we're in, but there were far too many baseball analogies and comparisons, and uses of the dreaded word "franchise" for my liking.

This ain't baseball lads, this is one of the most important leagues in the world's most important sport. I'm not interested in your baseball teams, I'm only interested in what you propose to do for us. Next month is the first significant test of your reign here. Whatever you do, do it right, and not because that's how it worked in baseball.

Well thats the hope isn't it. They'll come to that realisation and say "hold on a fucking sec, we need to do something here".

Personally I hope they just sack Roy. That would give us a fighting chance, or failing that just buy 2 or 3 quality players in January and hope that they somehow work with his style of play. But I doubt we'll see much movement in January even if they were prepared to throw money at the problem its a tough market to buy in.

I think in the rush to embrace a new golden era with some magical long term strategy alot of us fans have forgotten the fact that you still have to keep an eye on the short term. Having a disaster of a season won't kill us but it could sure as hell cripple us for a few years.

One of the problems with this season is that we've not made any investment into the future despite being crap.

Arsenal have had a few years not winning anything but playing young 'uns so at least they developed players while being in the top 4. Fergie took the hit for a couple of years of playing Ronaldo and then Nani, who developed. Even Spurs bought a number of young promising players and took a couple of years for some of them to come good (Bale for example).

We've had two down years but haven't got any benefit out of it. What's the point in being in 9th and playing Krygiakos, when we could be playing Wilson? Why play Konchesky when Jack Robinson could be getting a few games?

It's the same with Roy really. We could have got a promising manager who would have benefited from having a season and taking a few hard lessons, but would then improve to be top class. Instead we've had a poor season with someone who isn't ever likely to improve.