You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Hangover Thread

Paulie Dangerously

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm suffering like fuck today. Started the proceedings at 2pm yesterday and got home at 4am. Woke up at 6.30 to have a piss and then couldn't really get back into a coma due to the warm humid weather and a fucking fly bugging me. Got out of bed a few times but couldn't find the fucker, eventually got the little bastard though. 

I've become so terrified of hangovers that I drink about 5 litres of water with my booze. I'm pissing all night and the nice, dizzy, drunkenness only lasts for about 45 minutes but it means I sober up pretty quickly and don't have the dreaded waking up feeling like a sewer syndrome.

Guest Pistonbroke

I've just opened a beer, much to the disapproval of Mrs Pisto who wanted us to drive somewhere for the day. Drive!!! Fucking hell, I'm having problems just trying to sit still. I'm going to get drunk again and put off this hangover until the morning. 

• 2 weeks later...

No curry house would deliver at half 12 last night so I rang one through and went round to pick it up on my bike, absolutely smashed.

Rode straight into a curb on the way home and landed flush on my shoulder then my face. Woke up and my shoulder is absolutely fucked, can't move my arm.

The curry survived though

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

I just don't get hangovers anymore.

A few years ago my doc told me to quit drinking altogether, I managed this for about a year and a half but since then I've been back on the booze big style, but amazingly I found that I just stopped getting hangovers.

I didn't get to bed until around 4.15am on Friday night / Saturday morning, had been out straight from work (5ish) and was seriously bladdered. Yesterday, I had a commitment to help a mate by doing a full day's labouring for him from 9ish. Fucking hell, that took some doing, but although my body was dead as fuck, my head was as clear as a bell.

• Upvote 1

I was at a gig last night & managed to blag my way into the VIP section where they had a free bar & a load of Cheerleaders, my missus was with me so I was in stealth perving mode & was drinking bottles of Budweiser (it was all they had) at the speed of light. Needless to say I'm dying today & my boss is in chatty mode as well which isn't helping...

Her, "What do you call one of those boards with the clip at the top for clipping paper on to?"

Me, "A clipboard."

Not the sort of shit you need when it feels like WW3 is kicking off in your head.

Just escaped a negging there thanks to the bracketed content, mate!

I know, it certainly wouldn't be my choice but it was either that or gin & tonic.

I'm not one to pass up a free bevvy & the bar where you had to pay had fucking Carling.