You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anfield or New Anfield

Cherry Ghost

It's accurate. But it depends on who's selling what to who. Obviously Emirates airline think the market in (business class) flights to their destinations from the UK and Europe is not that big as Farmers' Insurances market in insurance in the US (currently record holders at $700m for 30 years at the Staples Center).

So if Warrior thinks they can sell loads of sports kit to the Far East via LFC they obviously think it's worth a lot (albeit only for four years). Just depends on who the club can find and how much they want to get into our markets.

£3m a season seems shit to me, especially for a London club.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although the owners have inherited the stadium issue, it clearly needs nipping in the bud asap for the benefit of the football club and the local community.

The stadium was a condition of the sale process so one would hope that FSG are a lot further advanced with resolving this issue.

Think I've said in this thread. I don't think they'll make any announcement on the stadium until they have a final figure on the season ticket waiting list.

I think the ST waiting list will be somewhere between 10K-15K the. Cant see them wanting to build a new ground on the back of 10K extra STs. Unless they get a big naming rights deal.

Think I've said in this thread. I don't think they'll make any announcement on the stadium until they have a final figure on the season ticket waiting list.

I think the ST waiting list will be somewhere between 10K-15K the. Cant see them wanting to build a new ground on the back of 10K extra STs. Unless they get a big naming rights deal.

If they get a huge naming rights deal and they throw in the shirt deal and offer guarantees against their ongoing renewal, I'd say a new stadium (and all it means for us...) is a racing certainty.

Edited by redasever

Guest ShoePiss

You weren't the only one, it's why I was surprised that Trucker Paddy is so sure that the decision has already been made and work will start on expanding Anfield in June of this year or next year.

It makes sense for them to see what season ticket demand really is before committing either way.

Guest ShoePiss
If they get a huge naming rights deal and they throw in the shirt deal and offer guarantees against their ongoing renewal, I'd say a new stadium (and all it means for us...) is a racing certainty.

If that scenario plays out would you still against a new stadium versus a redev/expanded Anfield? I've read some of your posts on rawk on the subject...

The season ticket waiting list is a bit misleading,

People who have been on the list for over a decade,

put there name forward when season tickets where less than £400 a season,

I'll guarantee that if the club made available a additional 15k tomorrow they wouldn't be snapped up immediately,they would eventually go,but the vast majority would go to OOT's

Just the fact we have already seen some quality designs on this page alone so im pretty confident the architects John Henry will have asked to look at Anfield will have likewise had their own idea.

Henry himself has stated his preference to staying at Anfield and that it doesn't make financial sense to build a new stadium at the moment.

I just think we will increase capacity by either renovating or completely knocking down the stands and add more corporate facilities.

Guest ShoePiss

I'll guarantee that if the club made available a additional 15k tomorrow they wouldn't be snapped up immediately,they would eventually go,but the vast majority would go to OOT's

True there's been a huge % increase in ticket prices, if you told most people they have to pay the best part of a grand tomorrow they might not snatch your hand off immediately :)

I would expect the people on the list to be able to plan a bit better than that though, once a decision has been made people will be able to work out roughly if they have any chance of getting a ticket by the time the expansion/new stadium opens.

Of course there will be people that are completely priced out of the game, why would they bother renewing their season ticket interest if that's the case though? They know the current prices...

If that scenario plays out would you still against a new stadium versus a redev/expanded Anfield? I've read some of your posts on rawk on the subject...

Yes, I would still be in favour of redevelopment.. dumping in massive (it would need to be massive) sponsorship deal(s) vastly reduces the commercial risk to the club but it does nothing for reducing prices/making the match more accessible.

The only way to do that is to reduce COST (=Redevelopment).

Nevertheless I'm seriously worried that's the way the club may want to go.

Yes, I would still be in favour of redevelopment.. dumping in massive (it would need to be massive) sponsorship deal(s) vastly reduces the commercial risk to the club but it does nothing for reducing prices/making the match more accessible.

The only way to do that is to reduce COST (=Redevelopment).

Nevertheless I'm seriously worried that's the way the club may want to go.

I'm the opposite mate and think everything points to redevelopment.

It's a cost v quality equation. I'd prefer the lower cost option because on a seat-for-seat basis the revenue will be the same. I'm puzzled why a re-developed Anfield would not be open to naming rights - or is there a Plan B for that. My guess is that we'll have a redeveloped Anfield, and it will be a huge success financially and as a supporter experience.

It's a cost v quality equation. I'd prefer the lower cost option because on a seat-for-seat basis the revenue will be the same. I'm puzzled why a re-developed Anfield would not be open to naming rights - or is there a Plan B for that. My guess is that we'll have a redeveloped Anfield, and it will be a huge success financially and as a supporter experience.

it's certainly the best brand decision. The plan B is in-stadium sponsorship à la Fenway/individual stand naming rights.

it's certainly the best brand decision. The plan B is in-stadium sponsorship à la Fenway/individual stand naming rights.

This is what i can see us doing.

Whether or not they go down the route of allowing all of the stands to be sponsored or not is up for debate.

What i can see them doing though is redeveloping or knocking down a couple of stands and then allowing the 'new/redeveloped' version to be sponsored.

This would allow us to get some of the cash back from lost revenue whilst the stand is being built.

Ayre has already said that naming rights for Anfield is out of the question.

It would be great to be able to build a new stand behind the existing one but space is that tight i can't see that being an option.

This is what i can see us doing.

Whether or not they go down the route of allowing all of the stands to be sponsored or not is up for debate.

What i can see them doing though is redeveloping or knocking down a couple of stands and then allowing the 'new/redeveloped' version to be sponsored.

This would allow us to get some of the cash back from lost revenue whilst the stand is being built.

Ayre has already said that naming rights for Anfield is out of the question.

It would be great to be able to build a new stand behind the existing one but space is that tight i can't see that being an option.

More like they looked but couldn't find any takers.

It goes the other way around as well, I would guess there are thousands of people who would want a season ticket but have never bothered to put their name on the list, simply because they would not get it in their life time anyway.