You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anfield or New Anfield

Cherry Ghost

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
16,000 (without the wings/corners). So do I :D. Probably not.

Looking at some structural/acoustic options.

That's a really interesting area of work to be applied to the stadium and hopefully it's a fairly high priority to the people making decisions.

• 2 weeks later...
According to Corcaigh on RAWK......"LCC have extended the date from June 2011 to July 2011 for LFC to take up the lease on Stanley Park that will cost in the region £340k per year to rent from the Council."

Chris Bascombe reported it yesterday Steve, it seems a decision will be confirmed one way or the other by July

Although the owners have inherited the stadium issue, it clearly needs nipping in the bud asap for the benefit of the football club and the local community.

The stadium was a condition of the sale process so one would hope that FSG are a lot further advanced with resolving this issue.

Guest ShoePiss
Although the owners have inherited the stadium issue, it clearly needs nipping in the bud asap for the benefit of the football club and the local community.

The stadium was a condition of the sale process so one would hope that FSG are a lot further advanced with resolving this issue.

Really? I didn't know anything about that...

Does anyone know how the Emirates deal arsenal got was split between shirt and stadium? What is the shirt deal worth compared to the manufacturers deal?

If we have £25m a season for our new kit manufacturer you could (very crudely) come up with a ball park figure for stadium naming rights.

Does anyone know how the Emirates deal arsenal got was split between shirt and stadium? What is the shirt deal worth compared to the manufacturers deal?

If we have £25m a season for our new kit manufacturer you could (very crudely) come up with a ball park figure for stadium naming rights.

I wonder if the rumoured Warrior deal, also has a add-on for Stand/Stadium naming rights. Maybe we would rename the Main stand or Anny Road if we don't get a new stadium.

Guest ShoePiss

£55m for the 8 year shirt deal and £45m for a 15 year stadium deal.

That's from April 2010, the circumstances changed a lot from April to October.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're under no obligation at all to increase capacity. I imagine that they'll increase capacity if it makes financial sense, not for anything else.

You could be right. I can recall Martin Broughton saying at the time that it was a condition of the sale process but that article is all I can find on the subject. There is no clause about the purchase debt NOT being loaded onto the club, so you could be right that perhaps there is no written agreement about the stadium either. Either way the stadium issue needs resolving asap as we need to start bridging the gap between ourselves and our main competitors in terms of matchday revenue. The local community would also benefit from a speedy conclusion to this matter as well.

Guest ShoePiss
You could be right. I can recall Martin Broughton saying at the time that it was a condition of the sale process but that article is all I can find on the subject. There is no clause about the purchase debt NOT being loaded onto the club, so you could be right that perhaps there is no written agreement about the stadium either. Either way the stadium issue needs resolving asap as we need to start bridging the gap between us and our competitors in terms of matchday revenue.

Completely agree!

I'd be amazed if they don't increase the capacity of Anfield, or build a new stadium. Its too big of an opportunity to miss. I think their wise though and know that we will only sell out if the team is playing well. So the immediate emphasis may be on increasing current revenue to rebuild the squad.

Maybe they will over invest in the summer to ensure that the team doesn't fall further behind in the league, whilst the stadium rebuilding work is done. Then once we have an increased capacity the club will fund itself through tickets sales and extra commercial revenue.

Guest ShoePiss
Going from memory so don't take it as gospel, I'll look it up.

the contract lengths are accurate, I can't find the cash split but £55m works out to under £7m per season for shirt sponsorship, not an unrealistic figure...

When West Ham United redeveloped the West Stand at Upton Park in 2001 they built the new stand behind the existing stand so that capacity & revenue did not significantly fall during the construction process. The upper tier of the Dr Martens Stand was built behind the existing west stand and when that was complete, the existing stand was demolished and work on the lower tier commenced with the new upper tier open to spectators first and the lower tier at a later date. The advantage that they had was there was significant space behind the existing stand to build a new stand (once they relocated St Edward's Primary School which adjoined the existing stand).

We may be able to do similar if the houses in Lothair Road were cleared first to enable us to build behind the Main stand, although in the case of West Ham's stadium redevelopment they did move the pitch 15 metres west with a view to building a new East stand at a later date which never happened.

Thats fuck all for the stadium, that figure accurate mate?

It's accurate. But it depends on who's selling what to who. Obviously Emirates airline think the market in (business class) flights to their destinations from the UK and Europe is not that big as Farmers' Insurances market in insurance in the US (currently record holders at $700m for 30 years at the Staples Center).

So if Warrior thinks they can sell loads of sports kit to the Far East via LFC they obviously think it's worth a lot (albeit only for four years). Just depends on who the club can find and how much they want to get into our markets.

Edited by redasever