You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Derby

murphy

Not necessarily a change of mind. If the board decide to stick with him, then I can understand that from a moral point of view. As I said yesterday though, there's only so long that you can tolerate losing games.

I'm certainly not screaming for him to be sacked but if he is, then so be it, no tears from me.

Well from having it out with you the other day I disagree, I think you have changed your mind in the way you are looking at it now. And I respect you all the more for it. Give it time is what you say when things are a bit 'meh', when you should have one one or two extra games perhaps but when every one of you first 15/16 games, mostly against mediocre opposition stink the place out not only performance but result-wise there should be nowhere to hide and whomever smelt it dealt it. When you have multiple world class players and their backups all playing shite then it's the manager you need to be looking to, the most important person at a club. Someone said mis matched players we have a mis match manager, I cannot think of a more mis matched element than Roy Hodgson as Liverpool manager, I still can't quite beleive he has been appointed, I tend to find myself blanking it out as if everything will be ok but then everything I predicted comes true and gets truer every time, I knew we'd be here and said so the minute he was apponted, think I was the first to bring up relegation, all I will say now is, it's over the NESV to make the right decision and you don't snub Kenny a 2nd time, fucking Broughton and Purslow.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where the hell is Agger, and wtf is Aurelio doing on the bench having not even been given a chance under the new manager????

3 changes I'd make before changing the manager:

replace Skittle with Agger (CB)

Give Aurelio a run (LB)

GET RID OF POULSEN or whatever his friggin name is...he's a pile of poo.

As an added, playing with strikers in striking roles ..(maybe like er..um..Blackpool?)

havn't seen the game yet (Everton) all the above is based on previous games, but I really hope Torres wasn't poncing about on the right wing the whole game like he has been doing.

Oh yeah..give Maxi a break, and get either Babel on the right or move Johnson up cos he can't defend.

Then, we might get a decent result, but not before.

Roy!? Are you listening?? Has Sami clocked you over the head yet to wake you up?

Well from having it out with you the other day I disagree, I think you have changed your mind in the way you are looking at it now. And I respect you all the more for it. Give it time is what you say when things are a bit 'meh', when you should have one one or two extra games perhaps but when every one of you first 15/16 games, mostly against mediocre opposition stink the place out not only performance but result-wise there should be nowhere to hide and whomever smelt it dealt it. When you have multiple world class players and their backups all playing shite then it's the manager you need to be looking to, the most important person at a club. Someone said mis matched players we have a mis match manager, I cannot think of a more mis matched element than Roy Hodgson as Liverpool manager, I still can't quite beleive he has been appointed, I tend to find myself blanking it out as if everything will be ok but then everything I predicted comes true and gets truer every time, I knew we'd be here and said so the minute he was apponted, think I was the first to bring up relegation, all I will say now is, it's over the NESV to make the right decision and you don't snub Kenny a 2nd time, fucking Broughton and Purslow.

I said the same the other day; if they sack him then that's fine by me but equally if they decide to give him some time, then that's also fine. I can see both sides of the argument and i'm a firm believer in giving people time before discarding them.

Obviously it's a two-way street though and you need to show signs to deserve the time as well so it's a tough one. If you held a gun to my head right now though and said I had to make the decision, i'd probably sack him, albeit with a heavy heart.

If his credentials warranted it, or if there were some (one would be nice) positive qualities he had demonstrated for us then I would probably want him to have more time but as his credentials are average at best and he has shown us nothing then I would get rid ASAP. I bet Spurs fans are glad they didn't give Ramos more time and I also bet that few Arsenal fans wish they had given Rioch more time.

I think letting him spend any funds we may have in January would be foolish verging on negligent.

I thought we were much better today- more possession, controlled the ball in the second half very well and created more chances- chances as good as those that Everton made. The talk of Hodgson being sacked is ridiculous- he's proven his credentials over years and years. At the moment, form aside, who're are best players? Torres? Gerrard? Cole? Meireles? All there because of Hodgson. It'll take time to sort out the rubbish from last season, performances against Chelsea and Hull anyone?

Respectfully, absolute garbage.

Obviously it's a two-way street though and you need to show signs to deserve the time as well so it's a tough one. If you held a gun to my head right now though and said I had to make the decision, i'd probably sack him, albeit with a heavy heart.

You can't win. Act quickly and it's kneejerk, act slowly and it's being driven by events rather than having foresight.

I'd love to know what he has done to give you any faith? Silverware in the Nordics? He looks the worst LFC manager I've ever seen - Souness was pants but at least wasn't this negative.

You can't win. Act quickly and it's kneejerk, act slowly and it's being driven by events rather than having foresight.

I'd love to know what he has done to give you any faith? Silverware in the Nordics? He looks the worst LFC manager I've ever seen - Souness was pants but at least wasn't this negative.

That's the whole point, it's been such a short time that I can't say if I have faith in him or not. I can only really go on the results and they have been shite.

That was a humiliation. Nothing more, nothing less.

A ball-less, soul-less, spiritless mess.

A team set up as two banks of four and seemingly given no other instructions than to try to pass to a red shirt standing nearby. It's simply not enough.

A decent Everton team, nothing special, workman-like with no cutting edge, yet even that is enough to guarantee a result against us these days.

We've seen this before. The feeling was that today's performance by the players was a mandate on their faith in Hodgson's vision for Liverpool FC. In every game we've seen a team that comes out and sticks half-heartedly to their directions before inevitably falling behind and then, (and only then), becoming more expressive. The further the team is from Roy's instruction, the better they are. This smacks of a lack of confidence in him alone.

Hodgson was no-one's first choice. Few wanted him here, even fewer now want him to stay. The answer was self-evident. A team and a set of fans that were sick of a creative cowardice that shackled a seemingly talented spine of players and Roy's only answer is to impose an ever stricter tactical regime that inhibits any creativity or self expression. Wrong time, wrong place. This makes him the wrong man for the job.

A decent man and a good manager. Never a great one though. Never even close.

And simply not a good 'fit' for a club like Liverpool. A lack of the common touch that is unforgivable in a working class club like ours. After a good start, his borderline incomprehensible press conferences quickly become an embarassment. Ian Holloway's 'no-bullshit- tell-it-like-it-is- and- make-em-laugh-n'all' visit to Anfield showed Roy's lack of character in stark contrast. Holloway paid his respects, showed a beguiling mix of humility and confidence and quickly fucked off with all three points. He was careful not to show any disrespect to the Liverpool fans. Which is more than can be said for Hodgson's choice of Poulsen and Lucas to represent our club in midfield.

It was a tough start. Man United, Everton and City away.

This has been taken into account.

Were we unlucky in those games? Only partially. Did we show character? Not especially. Did we look like we were capable of winning any of them? Never.

It's a damning indictment. We are not quick to condemn. We do not deal in knee-jerk decisions. We simply feel we have enough evidence to make a decision.

Roy Hodgson is no-one's idea of a great Liverpool manager. Neither has he shown a shred of evidence that he is capable of becoming one. He needs to go.

That's the whole point, it's been such a short time that I can't say if I have faith in him or not. I can only really go on the results and they have been shite.

The thing is Brownie his previous record is average by the standards we should be looking for so what evidence do we have to justify keeping the faith? Fair enough if he was like Rafa and he can point to great credentials then you would obviously keep the faith but if its based solely on the fact that he was given the job (at a time when I believe stability and diplomacy were prioritised over managerial talent) then I feel that is the wrong reason to keep the faith.

The thing is Brownie his previous record is average by the standards we should be looking for so what evidence do we have to justify keeping the faith? Fair enough if he was like Rafa and he can point to great credentials then you would obviously keep the faith but if its based solely on the fact that he was given the job (at a time when I believe stability and diplomacy were prioritised over managerial talent) then I feel that is the wrong reason to keep the faith.

I'm not talking about previous records though, Zippy, i'm just talking about general values and principles. If you give someone a 3 year contract and their first 3 months are really bad, I don't think it's the right thing to do to sack him.

BUT - I can totally understand the reasons why people want him gone and if he's sacked, I certainly won't shed any tears. I'm looking at it from the boards perspective I suppose, not necessarily my own.

I've some sympathy with you as part of me feels this isn't the way Liverpool do things.

But offset against that, most of those I hear saying stick with Roy are either not Liverpool fans or have a xenophobic agenda. I'd give Roy more time if he felt like one of 'us', but he doesn't.

look, we are crap. they r betterthan us and big roy is defo the man for the job. i think he is ace.

I LOVE ROY. EVERTON R FAR BETTER THAN US.

I love strange out of the blue posts like these. Gives the FF that slightly surreal, quirky feel.

Keep the faith bkangaro, and thanks for posting.

Is it true that under the Lennon statue that says 'Above us only sky.' Someone's written 'Below us only Wolves'.?

That's a comment from the Guardian comments section on the MBM. While funny, it's factually inaccurate as McCarthy's warriors are one spot above us.

*sigh*

It was a tough start. Man United, Everton and City away.

This has been taken into account.

Top post, but the problem here with Hodgson crying about the fixtures is, West Brom have been to Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, Emirates, Anfield and played Tottenham & Sunderland at home and played Manchester City in the carling cup.

Not too dissimilar to the fixtures we had, yet they have 12 points and are 2 points off ManUtd, Arsenal, Tottenham etc and are still in the carling cup while we are in the relegation zone and out of the carling cup.