You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jamie Redknapp tonight

BurtReynolds

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
He writes for the Daily Mail. Well that's that then. Time to hate him and call him a cunt and a nob-whateveritwas, and twat, etc. Sweet fuckin Jesus......

He fucked up. His job is to watch and comment on a bunch of different games every week involving any of the 20 Premier League clubs along with Champions League, not like us who mainly just watch and support one club. He then made a mistake. He was probably thinking of an Alonso performance from a differnt game. Simple as. I assume you'v never incorrently thought a player played in a certain game, or got the score wrong, or whatever? He made a mistake. If that mistake is enough to call a former reds captain every abusive name under the sun then I really hate where a portion of our fan base has gone.

As i say, I don't mind what Lucky Pierre said for example. I disagree somewhat and think Redknapp is no worse then the likes of Gray or Le Tissier in the lack of insight, but what I have issue with is people who probably never even seen him play calling him a "top cunt", or nob or twat or prick, for no good reason. The lack of respect for some of our current and former Liverpool staff when they have done nothing to deserve it really fucking sickens me as I think it's a prime example of how shite segments of our fan base has become. It's not how I remember the '80s or '90s where you defended your players to the death, so i will refer to such numpties as sky generation fuck wits, as that's exactly how i see it. You can be 80 years old and be a sky gen twat, or be 18 and be an excellant well learned red.

80's and 90's weren't much different when it came to slagging off current or former players in my opinion. Very few escaped insulting words from a certain section of our support. I think these days we see more of it simply because we see more Liverpool fans. It used to be just at the match, at the pub or between mates and now well we have the internet.

As for former captain being good enough reason to show respect, I completely disagree. Paul Ince?

For me, wearing the colours in the past alone doesn't exempt anyone from critical responses or in the case of Ruddock, Collymore, Stewart, Ince while they were wearing them. That right there is a quartet of cunts.

Guest ShoePiss

Oh and Mark Lawrenson anyone? What a class defender he was and gets called a cunt daily on here :) Played about the same amount of games as Redknapp did for us (winning everything though).

I assume you'll be fighting his corner too JohnnyH?

Who the fuck are you and why are you so rattled.

I long for the days of decent punditry and ex players taking responsibility in what they say and for the end of little precious, lovesick fan boys getting all offended when one of their over hyped heroes is criticised.

He's done fuck all in the last couple of years, from the wonderful platform he works from, to highlight the major problems at our club and that conversation i quoted was another fine example. He did fuck all in the way to contradict Keys there and once again proved his utter ineptness as a pundit.

Don't worry, he's not alone. He joins a long list of ex players who have done and said fuck all over the past couple of years.

Can't argue with this but he's still a former Liverpool captain and gobshites shouldn't be calling him a cunt ffs!

So peoples justification for total abuse is that he uses the word literaly in the wrong context, and hasn't been vocal enough in his 5 second segments on sky match days. The back tracking is so so funny on this section of the forum.

The happy bus is on the way to pick most of you mongs up.

To be fair Redknapp seems to be the 1st ex player they speak to whenever there's been any breaking news on us over the summer, he prob gets more air time than any ex red, well between him and Thommo.

JohnnyHOMO

Thats just fucking childish, grow up!

Oh and Mark Lawrenson anyone? What a class defender he was and gets called a cunt daily on here :) Played about the same amount of games as Redknapp did for us (winning everything though).

Lawrenson deserves to be called a cunt over shite he's come out with.

Some (namely JohnnyH) seem unable/unwilling to make the distinction between player and pundit. I did see Redknapp play for Liverpool - wonderful footballer who was a credit to the club and one of the few to emerge from the Spice Boy era with any credit - and has only ever had positive things to say about the city and its people.

As a pundit, however, the man is at best comically inept and, if we're being cynical, a windowdressing Sky mouthpiece.

Guest ShoePiss
Lawrenson deserves to be called a cunt over shite he's come out with.

Right so former this or that doesn't matter then, it's all about whether they 'come out with shite' or not.

Personally don't have much of a problem with Redknapp, mainly I'd guess because my exposure to him these days is very limited.

I just found it odd that because Redknapp is a former captain he deserves respect when Lawrenson won 5 league titles, a European cup and a few league cups while being one of the finest centre backs we've had.

Lawrenson played his part in our glory days, he was an integral part of some of the best teams we've had...

Interesting points on both sides I think.

On the one hand, I don't believe we owe unquestioning fealty to ex-members of the club who display unhelpful attitudes towards us in the press. Lawro is a good example, doing a hatchet job last year on Rafa (from memory) when we were struggling to make it into the top four; or Aldo (I think) who was reported to have said some very dodgy stuff to Nuts and never took them to task over it. I think it's fair enough to have an opinion on the people whose press-personalities are that negative.

Redknapp, for me, is one of the worst pundits out there. He honestly challenges Garth Crooks. But having said that, he is apparently a top class gent and a really nice guy, not somebody I would publicly insult.

I think JohnnyH is right in that degrading remarks get thrown around an awful lot these days, often quite unfairly. Redknapp might not be the sharpest tool in the box, but to call him a 'cunt' is a little harsh. It isn't just Redknapp, though, there was some dreadful stuff written about our own players over the summer that was based on pure speculation, stuff like: 'Torres owes us a season! He's a traitorous cunt if he goes' or 'If Gerrard turns his back on us now he's a fucking prick' and so on and so forth.

I'm not being funny, but if that was me and my girlfriend said to me: 'If you cheat on me, you'd be the biggest fucking cunt alive', and I said 'Well I haven't cheated on you, I never would, and I've done nothing to make you think that I would', and she responded 'I know, but I'm just saying if you did...' it would royally fuck me off. Wait until I've done the thing, then judge me on it.

I don't know whether it's the anonymity of the internet or the apotheosis of celebrity or what, but people have become really quick to aim degrading comments at Liverpool players or ex-players. Fair enough if it is merited, but it seldom is. Is that really the best way to support your team?

Right so former this or that doesn't matter then, it's all about whether they 'come out with shite' or not.

Personally don't have much of a problem with Redknapp, mainly I'd guess because my exposure to him these days is very limited.

I just found it odd that because Redknapp is a former captain he deserves respect when Lawrenson won 5 league titles, a European cup and a few league cups while being one of the finest centre backs we've had.

Lawrenson played his part in our glory days, he was an integral part of some of the best teams we've had...

Lawrenson is in a league of his own when it comes to ex reds speaking shite, he brought up Hillsborough last season to have a dig at Rafa ffs!

Guest ShoePiss
Lawrenson is in a league of his own when it comes to ex reds speaking shite, he brought up Hillsborough last season to have a dig at Rafa ffs!

Which was why I brought him into it, I do believe that service to the club goes some way in long lasting respect but simply saying someone was a captain therefore deserves our respect is completely wrong. Again, Paul Ince is a cunt.

Tommy Smith gets his fair share of shite too, great servant to the club and talks a lot of shite these days apparently.

Not sure if Tommy would give this thread a bounce ball or an over the top!

I think JohnnyH is right in that degrading remarks get thrown around an awful lot these days, often quite unfairly.

Unique times we live in, aren't they.

Very few ex players have come out and said what's needed to be said, whether it be on Sky, BBC, ESPN or in the papers.

All in it for themselves, nothing more.

But how many fans have boycotted the game and all the club merch?

Let he who is without sin etc.

Nowhere near enough.

Doesn't excuse those ex players of not speaking out.

I'd go as far to say that if the likes of Redknapp n co had used their time on Sky & BBC a little more productively then more fans would be considering a boycott and less and less would be buying the merchandise.

That's almost certainly true.

But Redknapp, Lawro and whoever could be sitting around going 'what I say won't make a blind bit of difference as long as Anfield's still full, it's the fans fault.'

Yes, they could make a more positive contribution, but there are plenty of people who are aware that the Yanks are bleeding the club dry who don't want to give up their season ticket, don't want to give up going to the match, getting their kids shirts and whatnot.

Before I called someone a cunt on that basis I'd look at how much I'm doing for the cause and how strong my position is. I'd love to have them speak out more. But I'm not sure denigrating them for their silence is helpful; I would think it probably masks the abdication of personal responsibility in at least a few cases.

Some of the fans on here a complete fucking traitors as soon as most players retire or leave the club u all love putting the boot in you fucking cunts.

Its just because you are so fucking single minded you can't stand any one to have a view differ from your own.

As far as I have seen of Jamie he always backed us to the hills and always stated as much as he can as a sky pundit how much he loves liverpool.

If I was him I wouldn't give a fuck as most of you so called liverpool fans don't deserve kindness you bunch of fucking lowlifes.

That's almost certainly true.

But Redknapp, Lawro and whoever could be sitting around going 'what I say won't make a blind bit of difference as long as Anfield's still full, it's the fans fault.'

Yes, they could make a more positive contribution, but there are plenty of people who are aware that the Yanks are bleeding the club dry who don't want to give up their season ticket, don't want to give up going to the match, getting their kids shirts and whatnot.

Before I called someone a cunt on that basis I'd look at how much I'm doing for the cause and how strong my position is. I'd love to have them speak out more. But I'm not sure denigrating them for their silence is helpful; I would think it probably masks the abdication of personal responsibility in at least a few cases.

Speaking about the debt situation and the true extent of the clubs problems should be of the utmost priority when talking about Liverpool FC today, especially if you have an audience.

A much easier decision to take such a responsibility for those who will live the rest of their lives financially secure.

It's a very simple scenario and for the most part those ex players have shirked their responsibility, as pundits and as ex servants to the club. They should certainly be able to see the differences between themselves and the paying punter.

to be honest he was right...only speaking his opinion...yes england beat bulgaria 4-0 but before that they were a shambles...the swiss away was never going to be an easy game,and fair play,you stuffed them,jamie was saying that before the game,what if it had of been a draw????this topic would never have been created???

JohnnyH why do you think Jamie Redknapp said he remembered seeing Alonso spraying balls about in the 4-1 at Old Trafford, when Alonso was not even on the bench?

Maybe because thats what Alonso did every time he played for us so its easy to get a bit confused among the 50 games we play every season.

Either way its a minor mistake any way you look at it unless you are a bit smalltime trying your best to fit into the crowd.

Maybe because thats what Alonso did every time he played for us so its easy to get a bit confused among the 50 games we play every season.

Classic Code.

Redknapp was a good player for us, Lawrenson a great one, don't stop either of them still having a soft spot for us but to still talk bollocks on occasion.

That's about right.