You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Milner to Citeh for £20M?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The lad has had a great season but d'ont remember thinking much of him of seasons past.Potential is there alright, but that means fuck all.

Does this remind anyone of a certain tranfer last year.....Garth Barry ,maybe.

Wonder is the offer of champions league football next year is on the table.

P.S.......I'm not jealous one bit....Im not, really....:whistle:

I posted in the other Milner thread but I think he is worth £20m. Every team needs hardworking players to assist the players who will make things happen. Milner is on the back of his best season, and thus far in his career has got better season after season. Could be an excellent signing for City and, for me, more worrying to see them going for this type of player rather than a showcase signing like fat arse Robinho.

We paid £20M for Aquilani and £20M for R.Keane, both £10M players so I cant see much wrong paying £20M for Milner at his age considering he can play most positions in midfield.

We also paid £10 for Alonso and some £20 for Torres..

7 the previous season is still a decent return, espcially considering he is just gone 24.

Things are deffo on the up for the lad.

But looks a big fish in a small pond at Villa.However, if he moves, things will be different.........just ask Garth ''champions league, my arse'' fuckin Barry.

Barry looks like a lost little boy at Citeh now

Simular price to Aqualini, which one would you choose?

Still think Aqua, if givin a chance and he stays fit, will be class.......however, its a long shot but its all we got so........carry on.

And Villa have rejected 20m so i can see that price tag rising quite a bit......And hopefully citeh get taking to the cleaners on this one...say 30m

Simular price to Aqualini, which one would you choose?

I've probably seen Milner play more than our own midfielder.

But im convinced, from what i've seen, that he is a great player. All he needs is a decent run in the team - not being subbed at 62 mins 1 game, benched for the next 2, coming on for 3 mins the next, 25 mins the one after that, back starting the next, dropped for the next 3, etc, etc.

Being injured for such a long time, then not getting your match fitness back will affect your game - which is why we haven't seen the best of him.

I still think Aquilani will be a great player for Liverpool, so i'd have him over Milner any day.

I'd be far more concerned if City were on the verge of announcing the arrival of Cambiasso or Di Maria or someone similar for £20m+

They paid £17m for De Jong, £24m for Lescott,....

Let them carry on spending/wasting large amounts of money i say