You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres To Chelsea

I've always thought it to be part of a clubs sale value. The reason simply being that Liverpool FC to me are worth more with Pepe, Torres and Gerrard in the squad than without.

That's hard to quantify though int it? Torres could be worth what? £50m? £80m? But for how long? What are his wages like? And would the club actually be in a healthier state financially if he was sold and the money used to pay off that? Not to mention the money you would save on wages?

It's an interesting one for me. Would we just be better off to get it over nad one with now, sell Torres, Gerrard, Masch, Reina etc. and start building from the ground up again rather than going into a slow and steady decline when at the end of it we'd have to build up from the bottom anyway. Only in far worse financial shit.

I'm not suggesting for a second that's what we should do, and it would be a complete non goer with those two cunts in charge. But, if say, in some imaginary universe the fans somehow got control, with the debt still there.......maybe?? I doubt anyone is thinking that long term though, or anything as radical as that happening when people can't even see a boycott of a single game as a serious plan of action.

Anelka has a new 3 year £100,000 a week contract on the table, expected to sign next week - source The Times today

Gobby shite wants Drogba with him at Madrid, Spanish press say it's part of his demands to go there. Raul is leaving, Higuain will play second fiddle to Drogba and there's a 4th attempt at getting him to sign a new contract, Benzema he's not interested in and is dispensable. Lampard is not mentioned at all.

The only mention of Torres in the Spanish press is the story from the English press regarding Chelsea. Rosell did not mention him in his Barca election press conference last Tuesday. So the original story of Rosell wanting Torres is from a story in Sport.es last March.

Similar with Rafa, there's nothing in the Italian press, apart from the reports derived from an English paper we don't read, followed up in others by unamed hacks.

Moratti is due to discuss situation with gobby shite after CL final, but Spanish press state compensation terms have been agreed. Italian press state Gerrard is the dangly carrot to keep him at Inter, first mooted in 2008. Valdano has given his report to Perez and wants Pellegrini to continue. Gobby shite has also demanded that the likes of Valdano and the Sporting Director at Madrid have less power than himself and are moved down the pecking order. Voting on Marca and AS show the majority overwhelmingly against him being the next Manager of Real Madrid.

Fabregas has also restated this morning his wish to return to Barca, whilst in Tordera organising his summer camp for July. Henry leaving early and Laporta determined to secure Villa before the June election, Zlatan linked to City/Juve/Milan/Arsenal amongst others. Toure is rumoured to be part of the Fabregas deal. Hleb permanently and Bojan on loan to Valencia rumoured to be part of the Villa deal.

Aren't the playing staff part of the club's sale value? Genuine question, or is it just the ground and the 'brand'?

No, the player registraions are included in any sale. So they are included. However, player values can vary enormously and have write down values etc. The effect of this is their value isnt as great as things like 'brand' and the stadium etc.

Fernando Torres and Luka Modric top Chelsea's summer transfer targets, giving Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy a major dilemma this summer.

Having qualified for the Champions League, Levy knows that selling Modric would be hugely unpopular with fans and doubtless against the wishes of his manager Harry Redknapp.

Whether Spurs, who have sold stars such as Michael Carrick and Dimitar Berbatov in recent years to Manchester United, could resist a £30million bid is questionable.

Chelsea bound?: Spurs' Luka Modric and Liverpool's Fernando Torres

For Liverpool, the situation is clearer: with losses of £54.9m, a net debt of £351m, no Champions League next season and with new chairman Martin Broughton, in effect, an appointee of the club's bank RBS, a £50m bid for their star asset will clearly be accepted.

Lifted from the daily mail online, where the fuck do they get off writing shit like this? I know our finance's are dire, but that sort of assured speculation is wrong.

Torres. Isn't. Leaving.

I'm pretty much sure of that myself mate, atleast I hope so. I also know I shouldn't get so wound up with the same repetitive stories I just wish they'd change the fucking record and stop acting like they've seen a signed contract.

Guest Pistonbroke

If we don't sort our shit out pretty soon then i reckon the chances of Torres leaving are higher than some care to believe. I'd add mash and Gerrard to that as well. We are in the fucking crap big style if new owners aren't found before the end of the next transfer window imo.

Nothing will happen before the world cup, then there'll be 2-3 week holidays. My guess is that they (Torres, Masch, ?Gerrard) will be speaking to Broughton, or whoever is in charge, when they come back for pre-season. Unless we're well on the way to new owners the bids will be coming in thick and fast.

I really wouldn't put it past the cunts to sell three of our best players, then drop the asking price of the club by 150m as a final 'fuck you' in a long series of 'fuck you's.

If I was a Liverpool player and I was any good (like really good), in the way that Torres, Gerrard, Reina and Javier are, then I would get the fuck away from this nightmare. We all post on here in despair; watching the lifeblood of the club being sucked dry by parasitical owners and a manager that (in my opinion) is a good man but has lost his mojo in the midst of politics and austerity. Imagine if this mess constrained your livelihood, your career and your legacy? Fuck that.

Fernando - you're a wonderful footballer and a good bloke. I think you would have stayed here for the rest of your career if it was tenable. It isn't. Go win some trophies lad. You deserve it.

Stevie - you've kept this club in the running for years and yet you don't get the appreciation you deserve. As fans we are slow to praise and quick to criticise. You owe us nothing so do whatever your heart tells you.

Javier - nowt worse than the missus giving you grief mate. Not that much down for you here, fuck off to Spain and you'll probably get more bum fun than you're getting now.

Pepe - you're going to stay aren't you? Leg! (Hope you don't regret it.)

There's about £100 million there. We'll get about 40% of it to spend on players. That's shit but that's DM's legacy. Let's stop wriggling and just accept our fate. And by the way, it's not the players' fault so when they come back to Anfield then we clap them and we sing their name. In the sea of sludge, with a parade of cunts in our midst, at least we can show a bit of class.

If we don't sort our shit out pretty soon then i reckon the chances of Torres leaving are higher than some care to believe. I'd add mash and Gerrard to that as well. We are in the fucking crap big style if new owners aren't found before the end of the next transfer window imo.

I fear it may already be too late judging by the look on Torres' face during the chelsea game. Plus if benitez isnt being sacked, Im more than ever convinced Torres would be off.

In so far as we could lose Torres, gerrard and Mascherano if benitez stays, it would make better sense to sack benitez and pay him off if 2 of the three would stay one more season for a new manager.

But, to the owners, it would make more sense financially to keep benitez on and forcing the players to ask to leave and pocket the transfer fees.

What a sad, sorry sate we are in. Thanks a bunch moores.

They are all staying QUIET.

Fixed that for you.

Torres isn't going to go to Chelsea. Torres will be fully aware that it's the Premier League that is wrecking him.

If he leaves Liverpool (and I repeat 'IF'), it sure as hell WONT be to another premier League club.

Look... Gerrard might leave because of his age, but Torres is VITAL to our global marketing. He's worth a lot more than a £60million transfer fee.

In regards to that? It's absolutely vital that we get another class striker to take some of the pressure off Torres' wrecked body.

How are some of you people going to survive once it gets to july time? It'll get a lot worse than this, best ignoring most of it. They're trying to sell.more.papers.

And I spend as much time wondering how Torres is being pushed in training than I do about the premier league wearing him down. Our club's a complete mess so it doesn't stretch the imagination too far to think that our training methods might be a bit over the top aswell as everything else.

make of this what you will....

Chelsea ready to make their move for Torres - Transfers - ESPN Soccernet

Fernando Torres will be the subject of a world record bid from Chelsea within days.

GettyImages

Fernando Torres wants Champions League football

The total package of transfer fee and salary will make Torres a staggering £130 million investment. And Soccernet has been informed that owner Roman Abramovich is personally taking control of the project to bring the Liverpool striker to Chelsea.

Torres has been linked with Chelsea, Manchester City, Barcelona and Real Madrid for a some time but the Blues will be first to make a concrete offer.

Abramovich is ready to release the cash following a Premier League and FA Cup double this season, but he is also acutely aware he could cut an alternative deal with Liverpool in need of new players.

Chelsea are willing to offer three players in part exchange, as an option to smooth through the Torres transfer.

Abramovich is also prepared to match City's expected offer to Torres of £200,000-a-week, which is being mooted via the middle men now authorised to try and clinch the deal.

An insider told Soccernet: "Torres is the best, and Roman wants the best. He has identified Torres as the player who can help him bring the Champions League to Stamford Bridge.

"Torres can go to City for just as much money perhaps even more, but it's clear that Chelsea offer far more in terms of a crack at the Champions League whereas City aren't even in it."

Chelsea are drawing up a list of players to offer to Liverpool in part exchange for Torres that could take the overall transfer value above the £80 million world record Real Madrid paid for Cristiano Ronaldo.

The deal could be structured like this; pick any three players from a specified list plus £40 million cash up front for Torres. That offer, according to Soccernet sources, will be made well ahead of the World Cup finals in South Africa, and most likely early next week.

With the three players averaging around £15 million each, the total valuation of the Torres offer would be in excess of the Ronaldo fee.

Abramovich is personally spearheading the quest to land Torres, and his manager Carlo Ancelotti will consider which players to use as bait to tempt Liverpool: Jose Bosingwa, Nicolas Anelka, Ricardo Carvalho, Deco, Salomon Kalou and Paulo Ferreira.

Anelka is the one player the Italian coach might be reluctant to offer up and, of course, the Frenchman might not wish to return to Anfield - although he has expressed regret at failing to win a permanent move to the club after spending a loan spell on Merseyside.

Manchester City are also in a position to offer Liverpool a shopping list of swap players, as well as a cash payment in excess of Chelsea's, but the prospect of joining the Double winners and a club intent on landing the Champions League would be far more appealing.

Liverpool owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett are battling with losses of £54.9 million, a net debt of £351 million, no Champions League football and with new chairman Martin Broughton an appointee of the club's bank RBS, a £40 million cash-plus-players bid for their star asset will clearly be accepted.

Ironically, Broughton is a Chelsea season ticket holder, and any decision to sell would inevitably make him unpopular at Anfield.

Such is the ground work being prpeared at the Bridge for the Torres bid, that star striker Didier Drogba is already ready to welcome him to the club.

"Of course I would welcome Torres," Drogba said last week. "Every time a new player comes here, it makes the club bigger and gives us a lot of strength. If there is a chance for him to come here, he will be welcome, because any help is welcome.''