You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres To Chelsea

Guest Pistonbroke

I bet Athletico Madrid fans were saying the same things. Players move on, it's part of football. If he goes then so be it, if he stays all the better for us.

This is far too simplistic.

The money that we brought in selling those players, was invested back into the team by managers that people trusted, and we were the team to join.

Firstly, I wouldn't rust Rafa with £70-100m. I dread to think of all the one paced, hardworking players he could buy for that money, to make sure we "control the game."

Secondly, which top players would want to join a team on the decline that's slipped out of the top four, and been forced to sell it's top players?

Thirdly, If people know we have £70m, then suddenly their players become £5-10m more expensive.

The debt we have attached to us, the state of the club from top to bottom will make us a mid-table team without serious investment. We would have officially become a selling club. What happens if we somehow snag the next Torres (whoever that may be), then in a couple of years he gets fed up aiming for 10th place and a decent run in the cups.

The generation of players at the moment are the last to which our history and traditions mean something. 5/6 yr old kids today will be brought up on the dominance of Man City.

We'll just be a team that used to be famous, like Villa/Forest/Preston.

I know what you mean,especially in terms of what Rafa would do with that amount of money, but I was aiming for what Carradona nailed on the head- if somebody doesn't want to be at our club, then I'm happy to let them go, because I'll not stop supporting the club. The media and all and sundry would sound our death knell but I won't.

Call it a defence mechanism if you like.

I wouldn't blame him for one second if he went. However, it'd be fucking horrible if he stayed in this country. That said, maybe he feels that'd be better than doing the same thing to his own club, Atleti, by joining Barca.

Fernando Torres will be 27 next March. He left Atlético Madrid to win major honours and is still waiting to pick up silverware since moving to Anfield.

I think he will stay for one more season providing he can see evidence this summer that the club is moving in the right direction both on and off the pitch.

Guest PurpleNose
I bet Athletico Madrid fans were saying the same things. Players move on, it's part of football. If he goes then so be it, if he stays all the better for us.

He moved abroad. I would imagine Atletico fans were fairly confident he wasn't going to move to Real Madrid.

I could see him going to Barcelona, but I think he has enough respect for us not to move to anyone else in England. As he says himself, he's pretty sick of being booted in the air every week by rugby players, so he'd probably favour a move to Italy or Spain anyway.

This is far too simplistic.

The money that we brought in selling those players, was invested back into the team by managers that people trusted, and we were the team to join.

Firstly, I wouldn't rust Rafa with £70-100m. I dread to think of all the one paced, hardworking players he could buy for that money, to make sure we "control the game."

Secondly, which top players would want to join a team on the decline that's slipped out of the top four, and been forced to sell it's top players?

Thirdly, If people know we have £70m, then suddenly their players become £5-10m more expensive.

The debt we have attached to us, the state of the club from top to bottom will make us a mid-table team without serious investment. We would have officially become a selling club. What happens if we somehow snag the next Torres (whoever that may be), then in a couple of years he gets fed up aiming for 10th place and a decent run in the cups.

The generation of players at the moment are the last to which our history and traditions mean something. 5/6 yr old kids today will be brought up on the dominance of Man City.

We'll just be a team that used to be famous, like Villa/Forest/Preston.

so you wouldnt trust Benitez to spend the money he brought in from the sale of a player he bought for 4 times less than what he's now worth? that's a well thought out argument there

bow before me you lump of sycophantic baby glue, you and your daily mail friend give me energy.

I'll be here watching you post shite, because the 'daily mail has gone big' - and when you do, I'll swoop down and let you know that you are complete fuck tards.

A little like Bea Smith or Greame Souness rolled into one.

Anyone who quotes from Prisoner Cell Block H is all right with me. As for Nando going to another English club, I really will have had it if that happens. The manager (whoever he might be) would not see penny one and we would replace him with a free transfer. Relegation of the soul is right.

I have a lot of worries about us right now, but this is not one of them. Torres will never go to another English club, I'm sure of that. Plus, he's complained that the beatings he continually takes during games are taking their toll.

When Liverpool's no. 9 leaves Liverpool, he will leave England.

so you wouldnt trust Benitez to spend the money he brought in from the sale of a player he bought for 4 times less than what he's now worth? that's a well thought out argument there

If his recent big transfers are anything to go by, his ability in this department is falling rapidly.

However, you can't just dismiss fantastic buys like Torres, Reina and Xabi. He has shown a great eye for a player on occasions, but he needs to start making some correct decisions again.

If his recent big transfers are anything to go by, his ability in this department is falling rapidly.

However, you can't just dismiss fantastic buys like Torres, Reina and Xabi. He has shown a great eye for a player on occasions, but he needs to start making some correct decisions again.

It would be interesting to know whether Paco Herrera had any involvement with the signings of the likes of Reina, Agger, Alonso and Garcia.

I'd love torres to come out and say 'I've lost all respect for dull little bell ends who read a story that's been totally fabricated to anger said bell ends, who then jump on the Internet to perpetuate these stories to other little bell ends -all of whom should know better than to believe the daily fucking mail.'

news now that, you six fingered fiflthy meff.

You are an extremely rude man!! Why? Are you little, did your mum make you wear girls clothes, did your uncle show you special attention? Are you a failure with women?

Or is ist you are just and obnoxious twat?

This is a discussion forum and the poster put something up for discussion. If you don't like it stay off the thread. Or you could just fuck off for good!!!

As to the topic believe it when you see it!!

I don't think Torres is going anywhere this Summer TBH. More paper selling headlines with fck all behind them. He would look a bit of twat after all that 'I love Liverpool' stuff he come out with, and after giving us about 1/2 season. Daily Mail is a pro Chelsea tory rag, full of rubbish.

I have a lot of worries about us right now, but this is not one of them. Torres will never go to another English club, I'm sure of that. Plus, he's complained that the beatings he continually takes during games are taking their toll.

When Liverpool's no. 9 leaves Liverpool, he will leave England.

Eeexactly. Totally agreed.

70m for Torres probably buys Lennon, Modric and Defoe

And which out of those three are as sexy as Nando? None of them I hear you say?

Correct.

So pick that one out, you six fingered fiflthy meff.

Guest Pistonbroke
He moved abroad. I would imagine Atletico fans were fairly confident he wasn't going to move to Real Madrid.

I could see him going to Barcelona, but I think he has enough respect for us not to move to anyone else in England. As he says himself, he's pretty sick of being booted in the air every week by rugby players, so he'd probably favour a move to Italy or Spain anyway.

I think so too. If he is going to leave then Barcelona or Madrid will be his destination in my opinion. But you never know.

I think so too. If he is going to leave then Barcelona or Madrid will be his destination in my opinion. But you never know.

I don't think he'll go back to Atletico for a good few years yet. I'd have said Barca too, but where are they going to get the cash to sign Nando if they've already lined Villa up? They're going to need around 100mil at least for the pair of them. It'll definitely be an interesting summer, and I'd guess that he'll be with us once it's over. He more than likely won't stick around long at all if our current problems regarding owners and cash drag into next summers window though.

Guest Pistonbroke
89 replies on a fucking Daily Mail story FFS!

Would have only been 88 if you hadn't have posted. It's a forum for discussing things. Doesn't mean everybody reads the Mail or believes everything they print.

Guest Pistonbroke
I don't think he'll go back to Atletico for a good few years yet. I'd have said Barca too, but where are they going to get the cash to sign Nando if they've already lined Villa up? They're going to need around 100mil at least for the pair of them. It'll definitely be an interesting summer, and I'd guess that he'll be with us once it's over. He more than likely won't stick around long at all if our current problems regarding owners and cash drag into next summers window though.

Nothing surprises me in football any more. Plus we have lost our biggest bargaining chip to bring to the table in dipping out of the CL. Our club is in a mess and players will be a bit disillusioned with what is going on. I hope i'm wrong but i can see 1 or 2 big names going myself. A lot will depend on what is said and what happens as soon as this sorry season is over.

Nothing surprises me in football any more. Plus we have lost our biggest bargaining chip to bring to the table in dipping out of the CL. Our club is in a mess and players will be a bit disillusioned with what is going on. I hope i'm wrong but i can see 1 or 2 big names going myself. A lot will depend on what is said and what happens as soon as this sorry season is over.

Yeah..if the manager situation is sorted out and it brings confidence straight back to the players it might go a long way to getting us through this relatively unscathed, (although we could still lose someone like mascher by the looks of it if barca try again.) so here's hoping that happens aswell to help limit the damage.

You are an extremely rude man!! Why? Are you little, did your mum make you wear girls clothes, did your uncle show you special attention? Are you a failure with women?

Or is ist you are just and obnoxious twat?

This is a discussion forum and the poster put something up for discussion. If you don't like it stay off the thread. Or you could just fuck off for good!!!

As to the topic believe it when you see it!!

Ladies and gentlemen, I have my first fan! Reading between the lines, you fucking love me, don't you?

Before we consummate our love, though. A pointer: 'This is a discussion forum and the poster put something up or discussion'... So I posted my opinion in this discussion forum... is... logic.. a problem for you? Unless this is a back slapping thread for mates who just want to get on to their knees and rep each other as they gag?

As for your cod-psychoanalysis, yes, yes, yes and yes; you're like Robbie Coltraine in Cracker there. All spot on, except it was both my uncles.

Anyway, thankyou for becoming my first fan; it makes me feel gooey inside.

Seriously, if he or anyone else wants to leave, then so be it. If they don't want to be here, whoever they are and for whatever reason, then I'm more than happy to let them go.

Seconded, thirded, or whatever 'ded' it's up to now.