You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa with financial backing

Boomshakalaka

With infintie cash would Rafa have delivered the title by now?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. With infintie cash would Rafa have delivered the title by now?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much every single person on this forum, & definetely any manager working in the top 2 divisions would deliver the title on infinite money.

Messi Ronaldo 1-0

Ronaldo Messi 2-0 etc,etc

There is not much significant disagreement about the best XI in the world (which is what "infinite" money would deliver) & it would piss our League

Whether you have Fergie ("the best manager of all time " copyright Sky) or 24 managers on a rotating door delivers the same number of CL/titles if you are #1 payers over 25 years as the Mancs or RM are, which shows exactly how relatively unimportant a manager is compared to being the top payer.

I've said this on here before but fuck it I'll say it again, we finished 1 point behind the mancs in 2006 and won the FA cup, had a very good squad then have spent more than the mancs since then, they have 3 titles a CL, 2 league cups while we've fuck all, its not about the money its spending it wisely and using the players correctly and I just would'nt trust Rafa with money after the absolute clowns he bought in 2008, were paying for that summer this season, for those of you that forget that was the Keane, Dossena, Degan,Calaveri, Riera summer, all fuckin shit

Yes, definately.

We would still have Alonso,Crouchy and Bellamy. Along with Simao,who is still playing well, Daniel Alaves (who Rafa identified well before the big teams got interested)and Walcott (same scenario). Put them together with Villa/Silva and undoubtably better right/left backs.

I think, I'd win with them.

It's a shame that every season he lets the team off the leash around feb or march only. I think he relies on a strong end to the season to ensure his job is safe. Hopefully it is not the case this time

if anything the game last night increased the ammo for his critics

Guest Pistonbroke
Yes, definately.

We would still have Alonso,Crouchy and Bellamy. Along with Simao,who is still playing well, Daniel Alaves (who Rafa identified well before the big teams got interested)and Walcott (same scenario). Put them together with Villa/Silva and undoubtably better right/left backs.

I think, I'd win with them.

I doubt we would have those still at the club if he had loads of cash to spend. Plus i'd even say Xabi would have left considering the way he was put up for sale to lure Barry. Plus we don't know which players would have joined us or not. If money wasn't an object i'd be miffed if Simao and Alaves were the best we could bring in.

It's a shame that every season he lets the team off the leash around feb or march only. I think he relies on a strong end to the season to ensure his job is safe. Hopefully it is not the case this time

if anything the game last night increased the ammo for his critics

Reina's comment after the Portsmouth game summed up the problem:

"The manager wanted to be more offensive because of the opponents".

Rafa's cowardice shown in all it's glory.

Guest the boy
I've said this on here before but fuck it I'll say it again, we finished 1 point behind the mancs in 2006 and won the FA cup, had a very good squad then have spent more than the mancs since then, they have 3 titles a CL, 2 league cups while we've fuck all, its not about the money its spending it wisely and using the players correctly and I just would'nt trust Rafa with money after the absolute clowns he bought in 2008, were paying for that summer this season, for those of you that forget that was the Keane, Dossena, Degan,Calaveri, Riera summer, all fuckin shit

and its got nothing to do with young players whom they invested vast sums in prior to that coming to the fore, has it? because, as well all know, every penny they've spent since 2006 has been spent wisely: Anderson, Hargreaves, Nani, Berbatov.

every ounce of that post is bollocks.

Whether or not you think Rafa is a good or a bad manager, anyone who votes "no" has absolutely no idea what "infinite" means.

I voted no and i know what infinite means. Rafa could buy the best player in the world for every position if he wanted; but he would still have them "compact" and "controlling" rather than actually y'know, attacking. Besides the likes of Kaka and Ronaldo would probably be sitting on the bench whilst the likes of Lucas and Kuyt strutt their stuff.

I voted no and i know what infinite means. Rafa could buy the best player in the world for every position if he wanted; but he would still have them "compact" and "controlling" rather than actually y'know, attacking. Besides the likes of Kaka and Ronaldo would probably be sitting on the bench whilst the likes of Lucas and Kuyt strutt their stuff.

With "infinite" money any manager could buy every single professional footballer presently employed anywhere in the world.

Who plays in the other teams now?

And that is only extending the concept which the Chavs used with SWP where they bought him purely to stop Arse having him.

Specifically with Rafa we were the top scorers in the PL last year even with "the likes of Lucas and Kuyt" which given how shit you think they are, must mean we were exceptionally attacking.

75 teams (5 completed years, 15 teams spent less than us every year) have gone up against Rafa in the PL with less money & only once (BS in '05) have they come above us.

He would piss it on the Chav's resources, which is a far more stringent test than "infinite"

Exactly, as Reina suggested Rafa will only attack against the cannon fodder. Gerrard's comment last year that the shackles were off were the first suggestions that the players are pissed off with Rafa's tactics. This season has confirmed that they have had enough of him holding the team back.

With "infinite" money any manager could buy every single professional footballer presently employed anywhere in the world.

Who plays in the other teams now?

And that is only extending the concept which the Chavs used with SWP where they bought him purely to stop Arse having him.

Specifically with Rafa we were the top scorers in the PL last year even with "the likes of Lucas and Kuyt" which given how shit you think they are, must mean we were exceptionally attacking.

75 teams (5 completed years, 15 teams spent less than us every year) have gone up against Rafa in the PL with less money & only once (BS in '05) have they come above us.

He would piss it on the Chav's resources, which is a far more stringent test than "infinite"

I guess we just go around in circles, you see everything as purely down to money, i don't, fair enough. You rate the manager, i don't, we could go on forever.

Edit: As an aside you seem to be suggesting we could buy every professional player and that there would be nobody left to turn out for any other side, i think that's a bit silly really.

Mourinho was defensive as Chelsea manager but his players were still good enough to score plenty of goals and win the league.

Mourinho was defensive as Chelsea manager but his players were still good enough to score plenty of goals and win the league.

Defensive when they were winning, when they weren't he'd often throw more forwards on to win the game. His philosophy is to win, not to avoid defeat. That's the difference and that's why we fail.