You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

SOS Minutes with Purslow meeting

Red_or_Dead

Reading those minutes is like reading a Stephen King novel on serious acid. Fucking freakout. When you read things like "no plan B" you really wonder what the fuck is going on at Anfield? Can I ask, is it normal for players wages to be funded by players sales (and any profit, whatever that means?) I know player sales add to the yearly club profit but I don't recall making much money on players before Benitez arrived so how did we pay salaries then?

Also, if these 2 cunts are as skint as they say, what was Gilletts plan when he tried to buy the club on his own? How crazy is this guy?

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think SOS are in a difficult position but personally i would take the minutes down.

Christian Purlsow has already said in that interview that its his 'goal' to remove the current owners so if these minutes continue to be public knowledge then the chances are it will result in Purslow going.

Its worth noting that whilst we as fans need to know whats going off at the club i think for the long term good keeping Purlsow in his position is worth while.

If its true regards investment forthcoming in Easter then would this put that at risk if Purlsow is sacked.

Regardless of what happens next, it's inevitable that a shitstorm is about to kick off once all the media outlets get hold of the SOS version of events. IMO, it can only help move things forward.

Bullshit. No genuine supporter would be doing what Purslow is doing.

What would you do then ? If we believe that season ticket holding, former share holder and Steve Morgan supporter Purslow is a fan, what should he do from the outside to help the club ?

Isnt he more effective doing the best he can from the inside ?

If you were in Purslows shoes, with his hostory etc, what would you do when the yanks and RBS came calling ? rtell em to F off ? How would that help the club ?

WHat is it with people on here ? Why is it all black and white ? Just because Purslow or Kenny are on the inside it doesnt mean they are on the owners side, same as just cos Stan 'twat- im a women beater who wont move to Liverpool to play for them' Colymore isnt on our side, just cos he whittles on about the ownership issue at anfield.

Purslow: "Fans should be delighted I have come in to reduce the debt" Fuck off you arrogant prick.

I read that as the club would have been seriously fucked without my work. Arrogant maybe, but could also be a warning of just how bad a state we are in.

We could not carry on the way we were going, impossible. The Leeds scenario that was talked about was a very real prospect, things had to be changed and belts tightened.

The owners put us in that position and no one else, well apart from Davey Boy.

Fact is we needed sorting and he is trying to do that. Has he self interest, of course he has but the bottom line is if he can sell us or get investment in, then he as done his job, if not he has failed.

What was your take on Purslow ? Maybe you think him a snake, but if he is genuine, what do we gain from 'honesty' ? Potentially losing the man who is tasked with saving the club ? How does that help us.

It may be that RBS are the real owners therefore Purslow is on safe ground, but if the repercussions of this are Purslow leaving then we've shot ourselves in the foot.

This isnt marriage guidance, or school, honesty wont pay off the owners, neither will talking the club down as it wil just lower any possible buyers valuation of us and in turn, prolong the agony.

It jumps out, when reading the minutes, given how critical he is of G&H, that they didn't hire him. There's been speculation for months that Purslow is an RBS stooge, but I think there's little doubting it now. It's inconceivable that somebody would speak about their bosses in such strident tones, whether in private or not. He said that their actions have been "unforgivable". RBS want the debt down by £100 million, his job is to find that £100 million, or to find somebody to buy the entire club.

I read that as us now becoming also rans in our league until we are up and running in the new stadium, which will probably be 10 years before its in full swing.

How the fuck we are expected to compete with practically zero investment from our profits (which once the debt is reduced will then be swallowed up by stadium costs) and some of our best players coming into there latter years is beyond me.

I can understand why we are being run this way because we obviously cant afford not to, but it just shows the extent to which we have been fucked over.

Purslow complaining about the protests is a joke aswell, if any potential investor cant understand why the fans are protesting then they dont deserve to be investing in the club.

He said that their actions have been "unforgivable". RBS want the debt down by £100 million, his job is to find that £100 million, or to find somebody to buy the entire club.

He said their promises have been unforgivable. Pretty much calling them liars isnt he?

Actually it can knock things back.

The more I think about it and reading it again. I think he knew full well what he was doing.

He has been in enough meetings in his life to know that what is said will come out and especially with SOS involved.

Was it calculated, I think so.

my guess, without reading the minutes yet, is that Purslow has always worked for the banks. I think he sees himself as our saviour. True reds fan, which i don't doubt, but he's the guy who came in and saved us from the yanks and led us to our most profitable history as a club. profitability assumes on field success so i'm sure he thinks in his own head that he's our off the field shankly.

that said, purslow probably has a massive bonus check waiting for him when he secures either investment and/or a new owner. so i'm sure he's got his own reasons for doing what he's doing.

but i would not put it past him to slag off the owners if A.) he thought it would provide an impetus for new investors to appear or B.) if he's really looking to create another PR distraction to take the focus off what is about to happen if he actually secures investment.

The more I think about it and reading it again. I think he knew full well what he was doing.

He has been in enough meetings in his life to know that what is said will come out and especially with SOS involved.

That was one of my initial thoughts, Stan, that he engineered it. It's difficult to square it with him not sanctioning the notes. However, perhaps he foresaw the meetings with SoS coming to an end and wanted to blow the lid on it and wouldn't sanction the minutes because he felt by doing so, it would make the situation unbearable. Who knows?

I don't think it was calculated as he has put himself in a position of potentially losing his job.

Possible that he was too loose with the information but the fact that the club did not agree with the minutes tells you all you need to know.

Christian Purslow is at the club to reduce the debt and to remove the current owners.

If he loses his job then we are back to square one as regards finding investment and its very unlikely whoever the new guy is will have any time for SOS.

The information regards the money situation is nothing new as most of us knew that anyways but as regards getting the information out there possibly the old 'source within the club' might have been better.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
It jumps out, when reading the minutes, given how critical he is of G&H, that they didn't hire him. There's been speculation for months that Purslow is an RBS stooge, but I think there's little doubting it now. It's inconceivable that somebody would speak about their bosses in such strident tones, whether in private or not. He said that their actions have been "unforgivable". RBS want the debt down by £100 million, his job is to find that £100 million, or to find somebody to buy the entire club.

Excellent post, Dirk. If only other people could see the goings on, rather than slamming him for being 'G+H's man' and 'spreading their lies', we'd be better off.

Even if he is paid by Hicks and Gillet, it doesn't mean that he is their man. As I've said more than once on this forum, he could earn more money, with less grief doing something different.