You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Colours At The Match

Vincent Vega

Do you wear your colours at the match?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear your colours at the match?

• Yes
    • No
    • My name is Captain and I wear them in the pub and in Athens
    • I like pink

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pet hate is dickheads who never go the match and when you speak to them they haven't a clue, but they insist on wearing the shirt and other club sponsored tat at all times when we play. These same idiots are the ones who usually have a sticker on their on their car saying they are the club's number one fan, seriously why would anyone feel the need to advertise to the rest of the world that their footballing preference is for Liverpool.

I don't get the whole advertising yourself as a Liverpool fan, I've never felt the need and I just see the whole shirt/merchandise wearing thing as a complete waste of money.

The only time I've ever been arsed has been at cup finals, and both times they were against Everton. (As a Scouser I didn't want cockneys associating me with them plebs).

Those idiots who wear their shirt to the pub, have never been to Anfield and then call 606 to call for Rafa's head are fucking cringeworthy - yes Ted, I mean you ;-)

JUST FUCK OFF!!!!

I don have no problems with people wearing colours, but i feel its a kids thing, I think seeing grown men in there 30's getting excited buying a shirt with a players name when there old enough to be there father on it on it, makes me laugh!

I have a badge which i wear and have caps and shirts from the finals etc but dont wear them!

But each to there own

Used to wear the replica until about ten yrs ago. Then all of a sudden the manufacturers made them too tight once I hit 30's.

Hahaha, I have that problem too. Seriously though, I have no desire to advertise to the world that I support Liverpool. I just support the club at all times without having to try or ever advertise the fact, I don't get that there is any other type of approach and look down on those that try.

I stopped wearing a shirt to the match when I was about 15. With one exception, I wore one to the UEFA cup final as it was given to me for the match by an ex.

As I mostly get to aways now, I wouldn't feel comfortable anyway. But still wouldn't either. The car sticker or mini kit thing does my head in tho', it's just an invitation to have your car done over or some dickhead to spew bile at you. I really don't understand that one.

I don't have a problem with it, but I always think people look like idiots when it's fucking freezing and they insist on wearing their replica over 3 hoodies or something so it looks stupid and you can tell their still shivering, just wear a coat over your shirt and no one will think less of you for god sake

if others want to then they should, but its not for me.

I dont know anyone my age who went away with the reds in the 80's and wears colours to the match; it just wasn't something you did if you wanted to keep your head attached to your shoulders and that mentality has survived the hooligan years.

Yes, pretty much for every game I go to. That's the only time I wear a footie shirt these days other than for slobbing round the house though as I think blokes over the age of mid 30's look fucking ridiculous in Tescos wearing them.

No - not under any circumstances.

Wore one (umbro v-neck, white trim, gold liverbird and LFC) as a 13 /14 year old at Prenton Park for the League Cup game in 78 or 79 and got legged all over Birkenhead by some real hard Rock Ferry types - I was on me todd.

The shirt went in the drawer and never worn one since.

That Tranmere game was me first or second away and I started going on the special from 79/80. The trains out of Lime Street were a fucking disgrace - rolling stock left over from WWII I think - 500 lads per train.

A bit "Away Days" and all that but there really was no mistaking the Liverpool boys - you could pick them out of an identity parade in any other town or city in the country - so we might as well of all been wearing the full kit.

I remember buying me first Sergio Tacchini trackie - the Masnago I think it was - navy, mid-blue with red trim and detail - a thing of rare beauty. £65 from the sports shop in St Johns that was under the old Gansgear - both now long gone. I was still at school and haven't a clue where I got the £65 from but remember being in a cold sweat as I handed the wad over. It cost 80p to get onto the Kop and about 30p into the Boys Pen at the time so god knows what the equivalent of £65 would be now.