You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard 'devasted' over Alonso

coop

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And the mention of his name causes you to turn into a whirling frenzy of anger and self righteousness.

Yup, I'm the one who got real pissed off in that massive Xabi thread, I'm the one who's been bitching about Xabi leaving at every opportunity, I'm the one who's been blaming Rafa for forcing ickle Xabi out whenever I can... Oh wait...

Can't see owt wrong with it and too much emphasis is being placed on the use of devastated. I was saddened to see Xabi go but it's history now.

Well if it's ok for people to have a pop at other individuals at the club for their choice of words and how they come across, it's only fair it is same rule for everybody.

Losing you're job and having nothing or losing a loved one, now that is devastation, not the fact a player has left the club.

He did. Xabi Alonso walked into Rafa's office and said that he won't continue at Anfield after how he was treated the previous summer.

I don't blame him a single jot. Rafa was fucking criminal shopping him around like a street whore when there was very little interest... as Xabi was coming off a poor season due to injury.

He had already negotiated a doubling of his wages in April, according to Madrid.

Obviously somehow that must be Rafa's fault... Maybe for changing the UK tax structure whilst he was Chancellor & then selling shit loads of sterling in his other job as hedge fund manager?

Funny how Rafa got shit loads of abuse on these forums for threatening to negotiate with Madrid to bump his contract up, whilst Xabi actually did it whilst still playing for us (technically against football's rules) & people are desperate to make themselves look naive or illogical just to get another little pop in at our manager.

Can't see owt wrong with it and too much emphasis is being placed on the use of devastated. I was saddened to see Xabi go but it's history now.

Yes, I guess there'll never be a Xabi thread without the same shit being trawled up over and over again, but apparently it's OK so long as its Rafa who cops it, the moment you dare question the greatness of Xabi you get rounded on. Anyways, I'm out, this is only going to go one way, I'll remove my earlier posts seeing as the Redknight can't bear to look upon them, well the ones that I can edt at least.

edit:Fuck that, I'll just leave em.

He had already negotiated a doubling of his wages in April, according to Madrid.

Obviously somehow that must be Rafa's fault... Maybe for changing the UK tax structure whilst he was Chancellor & then selling shit loads of sterling in his other job as hedge fund manager?

Funny how Rafa got shit loads of abuse on these forums for threatening to negotiate with Madrid to bump his contract up, whilst Xabi actually did it whilst still playing for us (technically against football's rules) & people are desperate to make themselves look naive or illogical just to get another little pop in at our manager.

The damage was done the previous summer. There was never a thought of him staying after that.

You can blame taxes and whatever but it's simply not the case. Sure, he got a pay rise, but everyone who goes to Madrid gets one of those.

The damage was done the previous summer. There was never a thought of him staying after that.

You can blame taxes and whatever but it's simply not the case. Sure, he got a pay rise, but everyone who goes to Madrid gets one of those.

If the damage had been done last summer, he would have left last summer.

"Oh no, I have been so violated by my boss, I am going to keep working for him for another year. That'll teach him!"

He left for the money & Good Luck to him as he deserved it & we couldn't pay it.

Souness was my favourite player when i was a kid & he moved to the continent for more cash; I am sure there were many Keegan fans who were devasted when he left for precisely the same reason.

Every European Cup winning side we have ever had has contained a player who later it left us for more money on the continent.

Yet this time, a pathetic soap opera has to be introduced that i am sure even the people spouting it aren't naive enough to believe just so we can have a go at the present manager.

I dreamt that I murdered Alonso the other night and buried his body on a golf course. Then some naked air-hostesses wanted me to join their four ball. I felt a bit guilty having just murdered a classy and elegant mid-fielder, but you don't turn down an opportunity like that.

For those of us that play local club football at weekends, regardless of level, you can relate to Gerrards comments because its always gutting to lose a key player.

My only critisism of Gerrard is he still comes across as quite immature in his attitude, and when he is dissapointed by something like this it can really show in his body language. I couldnt imagine Roy Keane acting the same when United lost players.

Gerrards in his prime and captain of the club he loves, he should be on the battlements leading the fight while the club is under siege, not talking about who isnt here.

All a player can do in this situation is hope the manager identifies the weakness in the team and resolves it, which he has. Unfortunately we've had too wait a bit too long.

The only thing I personally wish we had done, which Im sure was looked at, was find a centre midfield stop gap, an experienced head in the Gary Macca/Didi Hamman mould. In fact forget the mould, didi would have done fine!. Just thinking of others as I sit here that we may have been able to get, based purely on the fact it would have given us an alternative to Lucas, perhaps Kevin Nolan? Danny Murphy? Steed Malbranque? Scott parker? Not world beaters, not the long term answers, just options to what we have.

For those of us that play local club football at weekends, regardless of level, you can relate to Gerrards comments because its always gutting to lose a key player.

My only critisism of Gerrard is he still comes across as quite immature in his attitude, and when he is dissapointed by something like this it can really show in his body language. I couldnt imagine Roy Keane acting the same when United lost players.

Gerrards in his prime and captain of the club he loves, he should be on the battlements leading the fight while the club is under siege, not talking about who isnt here.

All a player can do in this situation is hope the manager identifies the weakness in the team and resolves it, which he has. Unfortunately we've had too wait a bit too long.

The only thing I personally wish we had done, which Im sure was looked at, was find a centre midfield stop gap, an experienced head in the Gary Macca/Didi Hamman mould. In fact forget the mould, didi would have done fine!. Just thinking of others as I sit here that we may have been able to get, based purely on the fact it would have given us an alternative to Lucas, perhaps Kevin Nolan? Danny Murphy? Steed Malbranque? Scott parker? Not world beaters, not the long term answers, just options to what we have.

I would have loved Spud back.

The others, not so much. Kevin Nolan has found his level now and Steed Malbranque isn't a typical central midfielder. I reckon Parker would have cost a bit more then we had as well.

Didi is already at the club earning his coaching badges. You seriously reckon if he was an option to get on the pitch he wouldn't be there? I love the bones of the man, but he never started a season at full fitness, and without pre-season training I reckon he would be well off the pace at his age.

As to the others ... We. Have. No. Money.