You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard 'devasted' over Alonso

coop

Didi is already at the club earning his coaching badges. You seriously reckon if he was an option to get on the pitch he wouldn't be there? I love the bones of the man, but he never started a season at full fitness, and without pre-season training I reckon he would be well off the pace at his age.

As to the others ... We. Have. No. Money.

There MUST have been somebody out of contract somewhere, in the twighlight of their career that would have jumped at the opportunity to wear the red shirt.

I dont want to vilify Lucas as he is, on his day, a decnt enough squad man, but we just needed something to knit things together temporarily, a bit of composure and possibly the ability to get a goal or two. When I read that back it does sound like Im asking for an awful lot, but suurrrreeeeellllyyyy there must have been possibilities. (...for sure)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see anything to be devastated about. Alonso went, our midfield is weaker, but we have not lost the games we've lost in the midfield.

Gerrard should feel more devastated about his repeated groin injuries, a player with a style like his may be in serious trouble if that continues. Same goes for Torres. Both of them need proper rest. Just a simple statement that both are out for the next 6 weeks. Then send them first for a week to the Caribbean, then 5 weeks of training, then playing non stop, no comments, no whining, no more explanations. Meanwhile, let the team cope the best it can.

Gerrard should keep his mouth shut and work on his fitness and get back to dominating the pitch like he used to!

Ah the good ol days

ae7ara.jpg

So the 'good ol days' were losing the Carling Cup Final in 2005 because our captain, who had been flirting with the idea of signing for our opposition for a while, scored an own goal?

Makes sense that