You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Borderlands

neilmc74

i have been playing it with 2 characters, 1 as single player the other coop.

Obviously 2 different games as a result. coop you are going to get the banter.

I really do not think the single player is that bad. The game gets really good once your character reachs level 5 + and you get your paws on the better weapons.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing this over the weekend and I'm starting to get into it now the missions are getting more interesting, the guns are getting better and the enemies are getting more varied.

It's not quite as good as Fallout was but it's still a great game that will keep me entertained for a long time.

I haven't really tried the online yet, I had a quick look but it was a little laggy and they were doing a mission I've already done. All the reviews I read said that the game is a lot better in multiplayer but I'm really enjoying the single player mode.

There are so many different guns and there is stuff to pick up everywhere I feel like I have to scour every inch of the place so I don't miss something, I just wish I could carry more because I always have to leave stuff behind that I could of sold.

There are so many different guns and there is stuff to pick up everywhere I feel like I have to scour every inch of the place so I don't miss something, I just wish I could carry more because I always have to leave stuff behind that I could of sold.

Can't you go back for it like in Fallout? And how good is the sandbox aspect? Is the whole map open as soon as you start, leaving you to do what you want? And is the map/area big? (and how big compared to Fallout or San Andreas?) Will probably get it anyway, but have started liking more and more freedom in games now, I just hope this has it too.

Did Fallout have much of a storyline? Because Borderlands certainly hasn't.

Didn't get that same feeling now i have to say. Mainly because the guns you get are totally random i never felt like i'd missed out on something i mightn't find in the next place.

Can't you go back for it like in Fallout? And how good is the sandbox aspect? Is the whole map open as soon as you start, leaving you to do what you want? And is the map/area big? (and how big compared to Fallout or San Andreas?) Will probably get it anyway, but have started liking more and more freedom in games now, I just hope this has it too.

It's not as big as Fallout but not many games are, it's pretty open but new areas seem to open after some missions. There definetly seems to be a lot more enemies than in Fallout, these dog things are everywhere and there are tons of guys.

One thing is you can kill a bunch of guys then if you come back through the same place 5 minutes later there is a whole new bunch of guys. This is good for getting xp and for the fun of killing them but sometimes it get annoying when you have to kill the same 20 guys again just to get out of a place.

It seems to be more of a shooter than Fallout, it's a lot about the guns there isn't a strong story and it's not as detailed but it's lots of fun just killing lots of things and finding cool new guns and loot.

It's not as big as Fallout but not many games are, it's pretty open but new areas seem to open after some missions. There definetly seems to be a lot more enemies than in Fallout, these dog things are everywhere and there are tons of guys.

One thing is you can kill a bunch of guys then if you come back through the same place 5 minutes later there is a whole new bunch of guys. This is good for getting xp and for the fun of killing them but sometimes it get annoying when you have to kill the same 20 guys again just to get out of a place.

It seems to be more of a shooter than Fallout, it's a lot about the guns there isn't a strong story and it's not as detailed but it's lots of fun just killing lots of things and finding cool new guns and loot.

Thanks, sounds like I might like it, but will go for Prototype as my next, can't believe I've not even got that game yet.