You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

• 4 weeks later...

Tried a new place.

The Full Monty - £6.95

2 bacon

2 eggs

2 sausage

2 black pudding 

Beans

Tomatoes

2 Hash browns

Mushrooms

2 Toast

Egg was overdone, bacon was underdone, but overall a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

7/10

Go and fuck yourselves 

1A212AC4-F59B-490B-951B-1E2449994029.jpeg

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, belarus said:

Tried a new place.

The Full Monty - £6.95

2 bacon

2 eggs

2 sausage

2 black pudding 

Beans

Tomatoes

2 Hash browns

Mushrooms

2 Toast

Egg was overdone, bacon was underdone, but overall a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

7/10

Go and fuck yourselves 

Hideous. Those sausages are turgid, the eggs are an atrocity and the bread looks like it was toasted in the microwave.

• Upvote 1

Firstly, thanks for reigniting my favourite thread and breathing life into my hungover mind. 

The tomatoes look like they’ve already been eaten, puked up on someone’s shoes, scraped off and put back on your plate. 

The eggs look ashamed of themselves. So they should. 

Those sausages look suspiciously like Richmond’s. Hope you shoved them down the lug holes of whoever dared serve you them. 

Nice serving of beans. 

It’s not bacon whilst it’s still alive which this looks like it is. 

I like a hash brown so I’d have wanted more than one. 

Mushrooms and black pudding look like afterthoughts.

Toast cut into triangles. Go fuck yourself and all that sail on you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, belarus said:

Tried a new place.

The Full Monty - £6.95

2 bacon

2 eggs

2 sausage

2 black pudding 

Beans

Tomatoes

2 Hash browns

Mushrooms

2 Toast

7/10

Go and fuck yourselves 

Where are you going for a sit down breakfast? 

Had a fry up today. The missus has become obsessed with buying food from gusto, most of which I'm not very fussed on. So on a Sunday (gusto delivery day), I'm increasingly becoming to believe breakfast has to be a meal for the day as I'll probably just push the food round my plate later. 

I hadn't planned to make a fry up today to be honest, but gusto backed me into a corner. I had some sausages from the butcher, I've nearly always got bacon. By chance I had some lovely blue eggs and I had a few slices of ultser fry in the freezer. I also had some left over home made beans from something I made last night and a pinched a hash brown off my daughter who lives on the fucking things. 

IMG_20210328_110726.jpg

• Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Had a fry up today. The missus has become obsessed with buying food from gusto, most of which I'm not very fussed on. So on a Sunday (gusto delivery day), I'm increasingly becoming to believe breakfast has to be a meal for the day as I'll probably just push the food round my plate later. 

I hadn't planned to make a fry up today to be honest, but gusto backed me into a corner. I had some sausages from the butcher, I've nearly always got bacon. By chance I had some lovely blue eggs and I had a few slices of ultser fry in the freezer. I also had some left over home made beans from something I made last night and a pinched a hash brown off my daughter who lives in the fucking things. 

IMG_20210328_110726.jpg

Bacon looks boss, as does the Ulster fry.

Sausages look half cooked.

The beans look like my dog has turded them out after robbing some off my plate last night.

Was the egg a double yolker?

2 minutes ago, belarus said:

Bacon looks boss, as does the Ulster fry.

Sausages look half cooked.

The beans look like my dog has turded them out after robbing some off my plate last night.

Was the egg a double yolker?

Sausages were perfectly cooked, I did them on the George foreman. I find them best if you don't fuck about, stick them on and never move till they're cooked. 

No the egg wasn't a double yoker, this blue eggs are pretty small. 

14 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I hadn't planned to make a fry up today to be honest, but gusto backed me into a corner. I had some sausages from the butcher, I've nearly always got bacon. By chance I had some lovely blue eggs and I had a few slices of ultser fry in the freezer. I also had some left over home made beans from something I made last night and a pinched a hash brown off my daughter who lives on the fucking things. 

IMG_20210328_110726.jpg

I’m extremely disappointed in this breakfast, it looks nice.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Just made this, it’s alright actually

1F84F712-93CD-4E17-9C5E-4C0C0CC153EF.jpeg

Eggs are the best thing about this breakfast. They look the bees knees. Bacon needs some umph, sausages need umph plus. 

The toast is well done and appropriately cut. I do have a concern, however, that the spread is margarine and not butter. If it is you can’t complain if the police crash through your door and cart you off to the slammer. You brought it on yourself. 

Just now, YorkshireRed said:

Eggs are the best thing about this breakfast. They look the bees knees. Bacon needs some umph, sausages need umph plus. 

The toast is well done and appropriately cut. I do have a concern, however, that the spread is margarine and not butter. If it is you can’t complain if the police crash through your door and cart you off to the slammer. You brought it on yourself. 

It’s cheese on

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, YorkshireRed said:

In that case, your liberty will be maintained at least until you finish cooking the bacon. 

To be fair I got my timings off. It was cooked but not brown enough I’ll agree but the eggs were in danger of becoming over cooked so it was a Sophie’s choice scenario.

• Upvote 1