You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

Eggs can take on texture from hardboiled to soft yolk/white. An omelette is altogether different from either of those. 

How can you have a plate of smoked salmon without capers and diced egg?

Eggs Benedict with the yolk dripping through the muffin and blending with the Hollanidaise?

Steak Tartare or proper Caesar salad  w a raw egg?

Quiche Lorraine?

It doesnt make sense.

Diluting the taste of smoked salmon with capers and eggs is probably one of the most disgraceful things I've read on this forum.

Eggs can take on texture from hardboiled to soft yolk/white. An omelette is altogether different from either of those. 

How can you have a plate of smoked salmon without capers and diced egg?

Eggs Benedict with the yolk dripping through the muffin and blending with the Hollanidaise?

Steak Tartare or proper Caesar salad  w a raw egg?

Quiche Lorraine?

It doesnt make sense.

Raw steak with a raw egg on top of it sounds about as appealing as drinking bleach.

steak-tartare-4.jpg

Yeah, that's not my thing at all either Longo. I'm sure some people enjoy it but it seems a bit 'I have my steak blue rare' coolness factor about it. I dunno, turns me off completely.

I remember going to France as a kid on one of those "exchange" programmes and on the first night they got all the family around and made steak. I'm not sure they even cooked it as it was in a bath of blood but they all were sat there eating it. Tried to eat some of it and couldn't so tried to use some of the veg/rice to mask out the fucking disgusting taste of blood but they'd laced everything with fucking vinegar. 

Worst moment of my life having to be polite to a bunch of cunts who couldn't speak english. What's worse they lived on a farm and pretty sure they'd just butchered the cow for my arrival. Ended up creeping down the stairs at about 1am and going through their fridge for food and juice. That was boss as I just ate all the chocolate/crisps and it was never brought up.

When she came over here she my ma's shite cooking where everything is dry, overcooked and bland. You could say it was a similar experience to lifey's disgrace of a breakfast. 

C0_EA66_AE-99_F4-44_F6-93_F5-833_C506_C6

The plate is too small for that quantity of food. 

The bacon looks good.

The sausages look good.

The black pudding looks like it came from Farm Foods.

The beans. What the fuck is going on with the beans?

Is that friend bread, or just non-zebra style toast?

Where are the fucking eggs?

I do like some potato product on my brecky, so props on the hash browns.

I'm now hungry.

The plate is too small for that quantity of food.

The bacon looks good.

The sausages look good.

The black pudding looks like it came from Farm Foods.

The beans. What the fuck is going on with the beans?

Is that friend bread, or just non-zebra style toast?

Where are the fucking eggs?

I do like some potato product on my brecky, so props on the hash browns.

I'm now hungry.

Fried bread.