You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

Spuds have never been part of a full brecky, in ours, never.

Go to London and the dirty bastards want to put chips on your brecky, yanks try these hash brown shite mild beermat things and some trampy bastards try and put little square roasties on  your plate.

No fucking wonder I fucked meat off if you cunts are putting veg next to it in a totally inappropriate fashion and, time of day. 

• Upvote 1

Spuds have never been part of a full brecky, in ours, never.

Go to London and the dirty bastards want to put chips on your brecky, yanks try these hash brown shite mild beermat things and some trampy bastards try and put little square roasties on your plate.

No fucking wonder I fucked meat off if you cunts are putting veg next to it in a totally inappropriate fashion and, time of day.

A potato rant from Chip Butty. Super.

I’ve eaten worse. But not great.

Beans runny.

Toms can fuck off.

Farmfoods sausages and hash browns and Black.

Sausages look deep fried. Only excepable in the chippy.

Eggs just passable. Bacon needs longer.

£5.95 is prob why.

You’re dead to me

I'm a bit late to all this but I do love a breakfast so for no other reason than the wife has taken the kids out, here's my dos and don'ts...

A Big Plate - some of you lot seem to eat ridiculous amounts of food, I must have a little sparrow type stomach in comparison. That's up to you.  However, what I can't accept is lots of food on a plate too small to handle it. Everything piled on top of each other - not good. So, you need a 'big plate'. I have two that I only really use for breakfasts.

Generally, I always cook up the following:

2 x rashers of back bacon, grilled until the fat has just gone crisp but meat is still tender. It needs to be thick cut and with minimal water content, so best to purchase from a butcher. Smoked is preferable but not that arsed if it's not.

2 x pork sausages. No herbs, thank you, just a decent pork content and well seasoned. Again, bought from a butcher. I prefer these to be fried with a slight crisp to the skin. 

2 x black pudding. The rings are better than sliced usually but it seems hard to get them nowadays, so decent quality ones from the butcher should be alright. Stornaway is pretty safe. If I'm frying these, I'm careful not to use much oil, as greasy black pudding ruins the flavour. Definitely do not overcook, that's criminal, black pudding needs to be soft, not crispy.

2 x fried eggs - soft yolk, ether from a brief turn or spooning fat. Usually the former as I just use a very small amount of butter in a separate pan to anything else being fried. Pan is very hot to crisp the bottom. I don't like any fat or oil other than butter to be involved in the preparation of my egg. I'd consider poached eggs, reluctantly, but scrambled can fuck off.

Mushrooms - fried quickly in lots of butter and pepper. Leave the cooking to the end and don't fuck about otherwise they release all their liquid and then sort of poach. Not nice

Grilled tomatoes - i like them to go quite mushy. Needs salt and pepper prior to cooking. I actually don't mind a tinned plum tomato as long as the extraneous juice is removed before serving

Beans - just a small amount and cooked right down. If I had to forego an item, it would be beans, but as long as it isn't infiltrating upon other breakfast items, then they add a pleasant moisture and sweetness, especially at mop stage.

2 or 3 bits of soft white bread, heavily buttered.

Orange Juice, with coffee once the eating is done. I don't like mixing hot drinks with food.

I don't cook the following:

Hash Browns - would probably chuck one on at a hotel breakfast but would never cook them up as they add little

Potato Scones - see Hash Browns - popular up here in Scotland but pretty drab

Chips - never

Fried Bread - liked my mum's but can't seem to get the balance right of greasy/dry, either when cooking myself or eating out. Too much hassle

Toast - bread is better

Tea - yawn

Might post a pic, next time I do one.

• Upvote 1

I’m up in Newcastle for a stag... got a full English this morning by the quay.. now I fully understand your gripes re London offering..

£5.95

c6afb77afd82028f7d807ce3a43f0e15.jpg

Fucking hell.

Have Iceland opened cafes in their stores?

Next time, ask them to actually cook the bacon.

Shite.