You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

Good effort there -- 7.2/10

I like the fact that a pro beaner has gone the ramekin route and basically cooked them to a paste.

Small pan, big knob of butter and leave them ticking over until there’s no juice left.

Any of you cunts want to argue with that recipe you can face my Nan!

I’ll set her on you!

The butter thickens the juice so it doesn’t run everywhere.

The juice adds to it.

It mixes with the yoke amazingly and adds to the joy of moping up the plate with whatever item you finish with.

Good luck doing that when you've fucking cremated them in butter.

7.7/10

Likes: Bacon - top notch. Tomatoes look as good as they'll ever look. Hash browns. Fried bread.

Dislikes: I don't understand toast style substance in the background. Bizarre luminous orange beans. All looks a bit dry. Burned bangers.

Generally looks decent though.

That’s toast, not warm bread. I couldn’t be arsed waiting long enough for the butter (not fucking marg) to melt evenly as I was starving.

Beans were great.

Sausages were the butchers award winning Cumberland’s, they can take a crispy edge and still be brilliant. As I said photo didn’t do them justice.

Dry? That’s why you have HP sauce!!!

That’s toast, not warm bread. I couldn’t be arsed waiting long enough for the butter (not fucking marg) to melt evenly as I was starving.

Beans were great.

Sausages were the butchers award winning Cumberland’s, they can take a crispy edge and still be brilliant. As I said photo didn’t do them justice.

Dry? That’s why you have HP sauce!!!

Oh, you think this is a debate or a conversation? Accept your snap-judgements like a man.

The juice adds to it.

It mixes with the yoke amazingly and adds to the joy of moping up the plate with whatever item you finish with.

Good luck doing that when you've fucking cremated them in butter.

I don’t eat eggs or mushrooms.

I have extra sausage, bacon, black pudding and have both toast and fried bread.

I keep trying to teach myself to like them, same with mushrooms. Every time I cook them for others I force myself to try them but I still can’t stand them.

It’s a texture thing as much as anything.

I can't do the texture of tomatoes unless they are raw or sauce so fair enough.

Eggs can take on texture from hardboiled to soft yolk/white. An omelette is altogether different from either of those. 

How can you have a plate of smoked salmon without capers and diced egg?

Eggs Benedict with the yolk dripping through the muffin and blending with the Hollanidaise?

Steak Tartare or proper Caesar salad  w a raw egg?

Quiche Lorraine?

It doesnt make sense.