You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

We're 3rd with a squad that shouldn't be any higher than 6th.

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

Who says they shouldn't be higher than 6th? What if we already have a team who could have challenged for the league only for a manager to bottle it in the 3 transfer windows he's had to strengthen the left hand side or his inability to change his tactics or make the right substitutions to help his team out once the games not going our way.

I hate this shit about having the 6th highest wage bill or other crap. This defeatist attitude is the reason we make excuses year on year for never challenging for anything and it needs to stop

• Upvote 1

To be fair our squad depth is so poor that we are over achieving in 3rd.

What other club with aims that we have have a squad where we don't have a single proper striker of any real note - or has Klavan and Lucas as our back up centre halves - or has a 31 year old midfielder playing at left back all season - or when one of their front line is out all the pace goes out the team/players are forced to play out of position because we have no like for like replacement?

All that said of course Klopp is guilty along with the owners/those in charge of our transfer strategy in those things being true.

• Upvote 1

Who says they shouldn't be higher than 6th? What if we already have a team who could have challenged for the league only for a manager to bottle it in the 3 transfer windows he's had to strengthen the left hand side or his inability to change his tactics or make the right substitutions to help his team out once the games not going our way.

I hate this shit about having the 6th highest wage bill or other crap. This defeatist attitude is the reason we make excuses year on year for never challenging for anything and it needs to stop

Where as this kind of nonsense is why I'm sure fans will turn on Klopp the moment he stops overachieving and we'll be back to square one.

Most likely next season when we fall out of the top four after another summer of minimal investment.

Round and round we go

I would argue anyone who thinks our squad is top quality and that it is Klopp holding them back is someone who knows fuck all about football.

So which member of the FSG stats team are you anyway?

• Upvote 3

I get he's overachieved, I just wish, after getting into a good position, we wouldn't underachieve so fucking frequently against the shite. The last 3 home games when the pressure has been on, we have been absolutely shocking, as we have been for the majority of 2017. Bournemouth, Palace and Soton are not better than us, yet it's been easy for them. We have good players, look at us pre Xmas, so why are we so shocking the last few weeks? I don't want to hear of injuries as an excuse, we still should have enough to beat these sides, he's also had 3 windows and only used one, I like klopp, all I've said is ive started to doubt him. I think it's a fair shout, given the lack of in game management we see. Not to mention the same old problems defending set pieces. Why are we playing so slow compared to the high energy game we seen pre Xmas? It's disappeared and thats the main reason we were doing so well.

As frustrating as we are Klopp has done very well with our piss poor squad. When he spends some money (Hopefully in the summer) and has his own signings that is the time to judge him.

Good thing he is not buying players in the transfer windows, then he can use that excuse for another few years while he is handing out new contract to the players that you excuse him from. 

I get more enjoyment watching the part timers of CoL FC kick a footy about at the Delta stadium then I do watching LFC these days. From the official crap-paper supplier to the playing staff saps me of enthusiasm for it. 

I saw about an hour of of yesterdays game, the 2nd half of the Watford one.  The last game I watched in it's entirety was the derby and with the exception of the City and Arsenal games recently I don't think I've managed to sit through any others this year. 

In 6 years I've gone from Season ticket holder to not being bothered to even watch them on telly.  

• Upvote 2

It's FSG.

They are killing the club with the constant disappointment of shit signings and threadbare transfer windows.

Hardcore fans don't give a fuck about the team anymore.

Biggest transfer of the season has to be them leaving and someone with some passion taking over.

• Upvote 6

It's FSG.

They are killing the club with the constant disappointment of shit signings and threadbare transfer windows.

Biggest transfer of the season has to be them leaving and someone with some passion taking over.

Why do they need passion?

They just need to sign the cheques which, to be fair, they pretty much have.

• Upvote 1

Transfer policy just has to change. It simply has to be offer what clubs want for their top players and pay them the money that will convince them to come. Either that or if we want to try and box clever then go out and hire the best scouts in the world and pay them what they want. FSG have just been half assing everything since they arrived. I reckon they probably think the Mane signing was evidence of how great they are when in reality its the bare minimum they need to be doing.

It's FSG.

The thing is, the people who have the sort of money the club requires to compete with the elite do not have the level of passion in LFC to want the club to get to where we all want us to be.

We do not have anyone willing to buy the club, or to make the sort of investment needed to transform us into something like the club we were 30 or more years ago.  This would require someone to come in and buy the club with its own money, a la United, or require some sugar daddy/money launderer/dictator to come in a la Chelsea or Man City.  

No owner in the PL is doing it for the love of the club.  With the exception of  David Moores and Jack Walker, those days passed years before the Marathon became Snickers. 

We do not have anyone willing to buy the club, or to make the sort of investment needed to transform us into something like the club we were 30 or more years ago. This would require someone to come in and buy the club with its own money, a la United, or require some sugar daddy/money launderer/dictator to come in a la Chelsea or Man City.

No owner in the PL is doing it for the love of the club. With the exception of David Moores and Jack Walker, those days passed years before the Marathon became Snickers.

And for all that David Moores loved the club it made it harder for him to make decisions and the club progress.

Peoples dream of the selfless, altruistic, oil rich, liverpool loving owner just doesn't exist and it's odd to hold people to that imaginary standard.

I would argue anyone who thinks our squad is top quality and that it is Klopp holding them back is someone who knows fuck all about football.

So which member of the FSG stats team are you anyway?

Don't know how the fuck you're relating me to the FSG stats team based on my posts on here. Ive never said the squad is top quality. However, we were in a position of strength going into January and Klopp fucked up in not buying what we needed again. He's had 3 fucking widows to address this shit squad and missed the target every time.

Tottenham and City shouldn't have been anywhere near us now considering they had been getting embarrassed in the champions league and we should have capitalised on that and left them behind.

Can you imagine Ranieri this time last year going into the Leicester dressing room and saying 'listen lads, weve had a great season but lets hand it over to spurs now as were 15th in the wage list and our fans think a shite squad like ours shouldn't even be competing. Lets see how next year goes with some real investment'

We're 3rd with a squad that shouldn't be any higher than 6th.

Klopp's done a good job of squeezing out results and he's generally improved the performance of a lot of the players who Rodgers had brought in, but his management and building of the squad have been awful. 

And for all that David Moores loved the club it made it harder for him to make decisions and the club progress.

Peoples dream of the selfless, altruistic, oil rich, liverpool loving owner just doesn't exist and it's odd to hold people to that imaginary standard.

I agree.  

If we win the last 2 game's of the season we will finish on 76 points. We have finished with a higher tally 4 times since we last won it. Our average points total since 2009 is 63.

We are not shit, we are improving, we have a manager that has a history of winning and a history of getting rid of dead wood.

• Upvote 6

You'll note the words 'history of winning', as in not won anything for a while now, or lost 5 finals in a row!

No credit due at all for getting to these finals? People seem to use this little fluke (and it is a fluke) as something to beat him with. I'd bet he'd actually get less stick if we'd have went out in the quarters/semis.

• Upvote 1

See a few of the wums and twats are coming out of the woodwork. Klopp is far from infallible and can be frustrating at times but he is our best bet and to deride him as some have is pathetic.

A couple of sleepers awakened me thinks. God forbid we don't get fourth it will be wum central with JP positively itching to rejoin. If he isn't already.