You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

The thing about expecting George Sephton resigning because he paid tribute to Terry Wigan was ridiculous. The knobhead who said it started kicking off on me saying I wasn't a proper scouser when I called him a hysterical fanny.

Lad, If you'd said " Lad, you're a hysterical fanny lad"  lad, he'd probably of got onto it lad, lad. 

I think naming stands after people is a shit idea. Love Kenny blah blah but he is just one aspect of the team. Next we start saying well if he has one so and so deserves one.

Look after his immediate dependents for life and keep it quiet.

The Aspas corner flag?

Some of our fans see Hillsborough and the Sun as Scouser points and a reason to kick off about the slightest tenuous link to both.

The Liverpool Echo make matters worse as they seem to publish at least two or three Hillsborough stories every week. Normally about some manc who opens up a blag Facebook account and deliberately winds people up. These type of nob heads exist in everyday life but the Echo seem to try to fan the flames even more.

When Terry Wogan died George Sephton posted a tribute to him on Facebook. Terry Wogan said years ago that the fans caused Hillsborough but a few people bombarded him with abuse telling him he was not worthy of working for LFC.

I think even some of the families of the victims must be fed up of it getting used for website hits or people constantly arguing over it on the Internet and scoring points.

Some lad I know constantly talks about Hillsborough nearly every other day on Facebook and posts things about it and brings it into every footy conversation, even with rival fans. I think he has too much time on his hands because he replies to every manc and chelsea fan on the internet who has ever mentioned it. He seems to believe that it his calling in life to educate every single person on the planet about Hillsborough and the Sun. If aliens landed in his back garden he'd talk to them about it within 2 minutes.

Last year at West ham I was queuing up and two scallies shoved their way in front of everyone. When the stewards had a go at them saying it was dangerous and could cause an accident they went mental saying it was a dig about Hillsborough. Once inside they were goading the west ham fans. As soon as their fans sung "always the victim" they went mental screaming at them saying they wanted them to die of Aids and cancer and threatening to get across the divide to have a scrap. Once outside in the street there wasn't a peepa off them.

Obviously I was heartbroken when it happened and felt a relief when the inquest found that our fans were not to blame. Finally the rest of the country couldn't call us a gang of whinging scousers but I just feel some people have hijacked it for a reason to start arguments or be offended.

I think you should get off Facebook mate,as it seems to attract a lot of your fury from 'friends' and articles posted there.

All I would say is that these articles,campaigns etc and the trolls they attract say more about both the Echo and the modern standards of journalism.

I think you should get off Facebook mate,as it seems to attract a lot of your fury from 'friends' and articles posted there.

All I would say is that these articles,campaigns etc and the trolls they attract say more about both the Echo and the modern standards of journalism.

I think facebook is great for many things. I found out my uncle died a few months ago via Facebook because my family couldn't be arsed telling me. I've kept in touch with some great people on it too.

Constantly going on about Hillsborough burns my mind out and the bickering and point scoring that goes with it really wrecks my head

Can we stop the constant scoffing 'best league in the world' references on here.

Do people really need to counter what is effectively a marketing slogan from Sky Sports? They don't even deserve that level of oxygen.

It's not like anybody with more than four brain cells actually believes it. Certainly the best players in the world don't, as the very elite won't play in England regardless of what money they're offered.

On the flip side of that, there are some absolutely dreadful teams in the Spanish, German and Italian top tiers also. The best teams there are considerably better, but those leagues aren't exactly shining examples of all-around competitiveness either.

• Upvote 3

The following post has been written by Val Yates, please read, this is important info especially for anyone who is a member of the Shun the S*n group.

Just posting to give abit of a heads up. A number of you may also be members of Shun the S*n.

The intention is honorable in wanting to rid the vile rag out of Liverpool, but somewhere along the way, some people started to think it was more about feeding their own ego's and lost sight of what is right. The badges, stickers etc are all ripped off from the HJC which has campaigned for 28 yrs, not 28 weeks but Shun the S*n pass them off as their own creation.

Anyone who points out or speaks out against the ego maniacs in there are viciously attacked in print and the clueless sheep join in because they, like the people they blindly follow don't actually know they are dealing with family members and survivors. If they knew anything about the fight for justice, they would at least show a little bit of respect to family members...but they don't.

It saddens me to advise now that there are T Shirts being sold for £17.99 which states that £7.99 is being donated to Shun the S*n.

Many of you may have bought one or think that by buying one you are in some way contributing to charity or to the families of the 96. You aren't. It has nothing to do with the families and Shun the S*n is not a registered charity.

Family members have tried to settle this amicably and have asked questions about the money and why they think it is ok to make money off the names of their loved ones. The owners of the page have not answered these questions or clarified where this money is going. Instead, they have been making nasty posts on their page, name calling and insulting family members.

Legal advice is being sought by families and it is noted that they would rather people donated to Alder Hey childrens hospital directly rather than give a penny to Shun the S*n.

So please, if you have bought a T shirt or are thinking of buying one to endorse Shun the S*n, please don't. Stay well clear of them.

Thank you to the Admin who allowed this post. Don't buy The S*n.

• Upvote 7

The following post has been written by Val Yates, please read, this is important info especially for anyone who is a member of the Shun the S*n group.

Just posting to give abit of a heads up. A number of you may also be members of Shun the S*n.

The intention is honorable in wanting to rid the vile rag out of Liverpool, but somewhere along the way, some people started to think it was more about feeding their own ego's and lost sight of what is right. The badges, stickers etc are all ripped off from the HJC which has campaigned for 28 yrs, not 28 weeks but Shun the S*n pass them off as their own creation.

Anyone who points out or speaks out against the ego maniacs in there are viciously attacked in print and the clueless sheep join in because they, like the people they blindly follow don't actually know they are dealing with family members and survivors. If they knew anything about the fight for justice, they would at least show a little bit of respect to family members...but they don't.

It saddens me to advise now that there are T Shirts being sold for £17.99 which states that £7.99 is being donated to Shun the S*n.

Many of you may have bought one or think that by buying one you are in some way contributing to charity or to the families of the 96. You aren't. It has nothing to do with the families and Shun the S*n is not a registered charity.

Family members have tried to settle this amicably and have asked questions about the money and why they think it is ok to make money off the names of their loved ones. The owners of the page have not answered these questions or clarified where this money is going. Instead, they have been making nasty posts on their page, name calling and insulting family members.

Legal advice is being sought by families and it is noted that they would rather people donated to Alder Hey childrens hospital directly rather than give a penny to Shun the S*n.

So please, if you have bought a T shirt or are thinking of buying one to endorse Shun the S*n, please don't. Stay well clear of them.

Thank you to the Admin who allowed this post. Don't buy The S*n.

This needs to be posted everywhere. 

I'm starting to doubt Klopp, he's an ace fella and all that. But our football this year has been utterly horrific and the total opposite of what we've come to expect from his teams. Far too slow and laboured. His subs are starting to grate too, or lack of them.

Welcome to the club, don't worry, they let you choose the rope for your lynching!

I think naming stands after people is a shit idea. Love Kenny blah blah but he is just one aspect of the team. Next we start saying well if he has one so and so deserves one.

Look after his immediate dependents for life and keep it quiet.

Buy how else will the owners distract us from our team being shit?

I'm starting to doubt Klopp, he's an ace fella and all that. But our football this year has been utterly horrific and the total opposite of what we've come to expect from his teams. Far too slow and laboured. His subs are starting to grate too, or lack of them.

We're 3rd with a squad that shouldn't be any higher than 6th.

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 8

If Mourinho was our manager we wouldn't be any better off and he would be moaning about everything. Plus we would never had seen us have a good record against the top teams or twat some of the shit ones as we did before Christmas.

I want to judge Klopp when he gets his own team and fucks off all the useless twats who let us down. I think some people are worried that he hasn't got rid of them all yet and continues to show a faith in them.

If Mourinho was our manager we wouldn't be any better off and he would be moaning about everything. Plus we would never had seen us have a good record against the top teams or twat some of the shit ones as we did before Christmas.

I want to judge Klopp when he gets his own team and fucks off all the useless twats who let us down. I think some people are worried that he hasn't got rid of them all yet and continues to show a faith in them.

Considering he's below us with a squad that's better in every area of the pitch and has more depth than that's not even debatable.

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk