You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

Outside of Klopp and Henderson, the three people I most admire most in football just now are Rashford, Rooney and Roy Keane.

When my children join this forum, please don't tell them about this shameful chapter in their dad's life.

I do not know how this happened, I really don't.

Just now, Kevin D said:

Outside of Klopp and Henderson, the three people I most admire most in football just now are Rashford, Rooney and Roy Keane.

When my children join this forum, please don't tell them about this shameful chapter in their dad's life.

And Rafa, obviously 

Roy Keane is a massive hypocrite. He prattles on about loyalty when he's in the Sky studio but he reneged on a verbal deal with Kenny to sign for Blackburn and walked out on his country before a World Cup. 

He's a tedious bellend as well. Sky and ITV throw cash at him to play the angry Paddy much to the amusement of middle England. He's Joe Pesci in Goodfellas.

"What am I? A clown? I am here to amuse you?"

"Yes, yes you are. Now do your ranty thing, little Irish monkey."

• Upvote 10

8 minutes ago, Em City said:

Roy Keane is a massive hypocrite. He prattles on about loyalty when he's in the Sky studio but he reneged on a verbal deal with Kenny to sign for Blackburn and walked out on his country before a World Cup. 

He's a tedious bellend as well. Sky and ITV throw cash at him to play the angry Paddy much to the amusement of middle England. He's Joe Pesci in Goodfellas.

Appreciate that.

What about Rashford and Rooney? 

I need the help.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Appreciate that.

What about Rashford and Rooney? 

I need the help.

I think Rashford is great to be fair. He does look genuinely depressed though, maybe all the attention he gets from his campaigning is weighing on him. He seems a quiet lad and I can't say being a lightning rod for loads of gammons is helping his mental state.

Rooney is a very strange one. He's been more loyal to Derby than he ever was to Everton or United, or indeed his own wife.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Em City said:

I think Rashford is great to be fair. He does look genuinely depressed though, maybe all the attention he gets from his campaigning is weighing on him. He seems a quiet lad and I can't say being a lightning rod for loads of gammons is helping his mental state.

Rooney is a very strange one. He's been more loyal to Derby than he ever was to Everton or United, or indeed his own wife.

The way Rooney has stuck it out at Derby and even used his own money to pay staff or for travel...

Much to my shame, I do think he's acted honourably.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

The way Rooney has stuck it out at Derby and even used his own money to pay staff or for travel...

Much to my shame, I do think he's acted honourably.

Sad to say, but I agree. A lot of teams with points deductions of that size play like they're already relegated, Derby are still fighting!

Without the points deduction they'd be mid table. Maybe he's hit his mid 30's and started to actually grow up!

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Sad to say, but I agree. A lot of teams with points deductions of that size play like they're already relegated, Derby are still fighting!

Lots of times in that scenario you're looking at a team of established players who think they're too good to still be at the club whereas here it's a cobbled together team of players fighting for a career.

Still an incredible effort by the club this season though.

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Without the points deduction they'd be mid table. Maybe he's hit his mid 30's and started to actually grow up!

The absolute last thing I need to read on this thread is people agreeing with me.

The idea that Rooney could come to Anfield and not be mercilessly vilified, much less applauded, might stop me from watching football altogether.

2 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Sickening.

21 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

The absolute last thing I need to read on this thread is people agreeing with me.

The idea that Rooney could come to Anfield and not be mercilessly vilified, much less applauded, might stop me from watching football altogether.

Just remember he had his arse hair put on to his head, that will remind you about how much of a cunt he is!

3 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Just when I thought I couldn’t hate you any more you pull this stunt. 

3 hours ago, Kevin D said:

I'll tell you one thing and I'm not ashamed to say it, my estimation of  Kevin D as a man just fucking plummeted 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

I can’t remember if I’ve put it in this thread, but one of the opinion I’ve expressed that has the caused most pushback is

‘That’ Ben Thatcher foul wasn’t ‘that’ bad.  

The one on Mendes? Where he's looking directly at the player and deliberately elbows him in the face? 

On what basis was that "not that bad"?

16 hours ago, Em City said:

Just to clarify, is that how the Irish reds on here see Keane?

Was wrong in Saipan and a bit of a court jester?

21 hours ago, Em City said:

He has his moments - his dig at Paul Scholes over his media work is on-point - but those moments are far outweighed by his predictability and, as you note, by his willingness to be one of what Al Murray's Pub Landlord called the people 'who sing and dance for our entertainment'. Remember when Ian Wright made fun of his accent? The Roy Keane who is constantly outraged by lily-livered play on the pitch would have put in a verbal two-footed challenge on the Roy Keane who sat there and took it without objection. 

I actually enjoyed the Neville interview with Roy Keane that was filmed in the summer, I thought the moany cork cunt came across well too be fair. 

But my cousin has worked within the Irish fa and the Irish national team and he assured me Keane is a total knobhead and brings nothing but negativity and nervousness when he enters a room. My cousin is also a huge Utd fan. So I'll take his word for it

The only thing Rashford could do that would raise my opinion of him would be to leave Man Utd. The guy's a legend.

Rooney seems to be doing a solid job in trying circumstances at Derby, he's already shown more as a manager than I ever thought he would. I don't think he's done anything especially admirable outside of football.

Keane has made a career out of being a caricature of himself on TV, so fair fucks to him for that, but unfortunately that caricature is one of a complete bellend. No clue if that's the real him, doubt anyone on here would know for sure.