You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Killer Flu...

Salou

I'm bemused as to why people brush this off as just another scare story???

If it was allowed to spread, the results could be catastrophic. If the governments just ignored it, then people would complain, and now that they're raising concerns and making more anti-viral medicines, people are still complaining.

What can they do to look good in peoples eyes?

Its the whole hysteria that gets me, I totally understand they have to contain it but it just smells of bullshit to me.

Silvah, it's the way the press are treating it. Instead of just giving a balanced view of it and saying anyone presenting with symptoms should just seek medical help as it's clearly treatable, they are instead peddling stories of doom and mass extinction. And I'm fucked off with it. I want a return to the days when the news sought out facts, not told everyone they're going to die. We've imported this sensationalist nonsense from US news channels and it's shit.

Spot on.

Sky News are a disgrace, 8 cases in Britain alone it said before as if there was only ten of us in the whole country.

8 in a nation of over 60m people is a drop in the ocean, 8000 I might say fair enough but 8?

Obama dedicated 1.5 billion dollars to this flu, way to tighten those purse stings Barry.

I'm getting really annoyed now, influenza kills thousands every year.

It's like killer bee's it's just something exciting for the news to talk about for a while before everyone realises it's no worse than influenza. I saw one news talking about where cases had been reported and there was 1 case reported in Canada so they put their graphic up showing all of Canada infected because one baby got sick.

If your not old, a baby, weak or incredible poor and dirty there is nothing to worry about.

There might be method to some of the hysteria madness though. If it stops even one scruff from not washing his hands it might save someone a very uncomfortable 72 hours with their head in the toilet.

Bit aren't they the people we want to cull....

neither, have you not read the full thread, this virus clever enough to mutate, promote growth, adapt during mitosis and eventually become one of these

Pig-Bird--4216.jpg

Ohhhhhh, yeaaaahhhh.....................and pigs might fly.

Its the whole hysteria that gets me, I totally understand they have to contain it but it just smells of bullshit to me.

Spot on.

Sky News are a disgrace, 8 cases in Britain alone it said before as if there was only ten of us in the whole country.

8 in a nation of over 60m people is a drop in the ocean, 8000 I might say fair enough but 8?

Let me know when it gets to 8 million; then I'll give a fuck.

I'm bemused as to why people brush this off as just another scare story???

If it was allowed to spread, the results could be catastrophic. If the governments just ignored it, then people would complain, and now that they're raising concerns and making more anti-viral medicines, people are still complaining.

What can they do to look good in peoples eyes?

I think the main issue is with the media and not the government. In my opinion, the government have taken proactive steps in this and seem to be doing their best to prevent a potential outbreak.

The media, on the other hand, seem intent on whipping up a shitstorm of panic and fear. See the war on terror, paedophiles and the recession.

I think the main issue is with the media and not the government. In my opinion, the government have taken proactive steps in this and seem to be doing their best to prevent a potential outbreak.

The media, on the other hand, seem intent on whipping up a shitstorm of panic and fear. See the war on terror, paedophiles and the recession.

The G20 protests was the worst example of that I've ever seen. They spent weeks telling everyone how bad it was going to be, and then deployed their cameras into the middle of it, ready for when they hoped it would kick off. One report I saw even profiled the leaders of each group who were due to be there that day, and one was a crank uni professor who was basically calling for a riot.

Just playing poker and one of the people on the table had PIG in their username. I'd like to tell you that as I was turning my $10 in $30 I made absolutely no piss poor, swine fever jokes aimed at them.

I'd like to tell you that; but it'd be a lie.