You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lord of the Rings fans

M_B

I searched and couldnt see that this has already been posted. Apologies if it has.

Anyway on May 3rd, an independent film 'The Hunt for Gollum' is going to be released on t'internet. You can see the trailers here.

And surprisingly despite the low budget, it actually looks quite good.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I searched and couldnt see that this has already been posted. Apologies if it has.

Anyway on May 3rd, an independent film 'The Hunt for Gollum' is going to be released on t'internet. You can see the trailers here.

And surprisingly despite the low budget, it actually looks quite good.

Is it set in Walton and Halewood?

Yeah, the Hobbit is the official Tolkien one directed by that Del Toro fella? Im sure Peter Jackson is involved somehow too.

I only found out about these movies there and Id say they are treading on very thin ice as regards the copyright and such like. They make it abundantly clear on the website that the movies are made by fans for fans and are not intended to make a profit so you never know.

I still can't wait to see them however. Anyone know where it was made? It certainly doesn't look like New Zealand. England Id say.

Yeah, the Hobbit is the official Tolkien one directed by that Del Toro fella? Im sure Peter Jackson is involved somehow too.

I only found out about these movies there and Id say they are treading on very thin ice as regards the copyright and such like. They make it abundantly clear on the website that the movies are made by fans for fans and are not intended to make a profit so you never know.

I still can't wait to see them however. Anyone know where it was made? It certainly doesn't look like New Zealand. England Id say.

Producer.

The Hunt for Gollum was filmed in Wales, the other one in the South of England somewhere.

The Hobbit is due for release in December 2010. I can't fucking wait, me. There's also another film which covers the 60 years between Bilbo's return up until the beginning of the Lord of the Rings. From what I can gather, the basis for the second film is all in Tolkien's writings and his personal library. I'm slightly worried about how much artistic license they'll use in making the film and we have nothing to measure that against due to there not being a book as such. From the work Jackson did as director of the trilogy and based on the fact he's producing the next two films I tend to trust his judgement.

• 1 month later...