You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

When I visit Munich I generally reside in the hofbrauhaus. I want my ashes scattered in the beer hall.

If you go over in the summer, head out to the Hirschgarten out by Nymphenburg (tram 17 from the centre) the beer is great and the food stalls are really good too. Also if your ever over in Berchtesgarten they have their own Hofbrauhaus with the brewery literally attached to the side of it, the beer is fantastic and incredibly fresh.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get hold some of this and it's absolutely delicious. The taste of regular Sam Adams but with a heightened hoppy flavour. It's been one of my most recent upsets that Sam Adams is now brewed in Kent and not imported, and therefore doesn't taste the same as the US brew, so this import is that little bit extra special.

beer_222791.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I thought this was an eye catching beer bbf31ae5310c5a4a93c10d6e506e6cdb.jpg

It's style is 'Gose' which I've not heard of before, presumably a British take on Gueze? It has a sour Lemon taste so fits the bill. Was fairly decent, though not spectacular

It's a German style.  Not actually had a Gose though, it died out and newer brewers brought it back apparently.

Any of you on Untapped?

I can't believe you lot.  Beer that is supplemented with additional flavouring (whisky, fruit, chocolate, spam, whatever) should be regarded with suspicion and avoided.  It's made like that because it can't stand up on it's own.  Beer is beer for fucks sake.  If it's got other flavourings in it, give it to the ladies.  

Also, some of the beers on this thread are shite. 

Yeah I'm zebkg on there

I'll add you if you don't mind Remmie.  I'm sniffsomeglueand

Just moved house and comandeered a nice shelf in the garage to put all my ale on. Shes's already banned from going out there.

34221958-985D-478A-8B1D-D29B9C9ACCF1_zps

476CD260-EC02-431D-A1D1-C3DCEB357698_zps

Impressive!  No fan of Peroni though, unbelievable how that is seen a 'premium' brand!

I look down on Brewdog but only in comparison to the likes of Thornbridge, Dark Star and the like. They still make nicer beer than most jabronis.

A lot of snobs look down on brewdog but I think they're ace.

I like Brewdog and I'm a shareholder so get 20% off orders and 10% in their bars.

I look down on Brewdog because their bars are wank and expensive beyond reason.  The drinks however are nice. 

Does anyone own a decent beer fridge? They seem to start at £120 with minimal space, I want something that can take a couple crates at least...

a beer fridge?  What is this dark magic you speak of?  I have one of those little glass fronted things in my shed, but there's no way I can get a couple of crates in it.