You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Enough is enough

Gav

Sadly I believe the end may be in sight for Rafa. Yesterday the side served up another pile of shite but Rafa in his stubbornness continues to talk about controlling the game, tiredness and poor finishing. Wrong Rafa, the tactics and selections were shite. Mourinho might not have many redeeming qualities but he would have yanked Skirtel when it was pretty obvious he could not handle Downing or swapped Skirtel and Carra around. I honestly get the feeling Rafa just tries to be too clever at times to avoid being second guessed.

Whilst we still have a chance in the CL what would we all think if Rafa stays , signing a new contract and then brings in another pile of shite to "strengthen" the squad?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly I believe the end may be in sight for Rafa. Yesterday the side served up another pile of shite but Rafa in his stubbornness continues to talk about controlling the game, tiredness and poor finishing. Wrong Rafa, the tactics and selections were shite. Mourinho might not have many redeeming qualities but he would have yanked Skirtel when it was pretty obvious he could not handle Downing or swapped Skirtel and Carra around. I honestly get the feeling Rafa just tries to be too clever at times to avoid being second guessed.

Whilst we still have a chance in the CL what would we all think if Rafa stays , signing a new contract and then brings in another pile of shite to "strengthen" the squad?

So your telling me a team that should have finnished the game off within twenty minutes as it had the chances was based around poor tactics and management im sorry but that is rubbish.

How is Rafa to blame for players not putting the ball in the back of the net its just ridiculous the level of blame that is being thrown at Rafa in fact its just sad. As for Carra playing RB Dave U recently mentioned carragher cant handle it anymore and if someone replies to me use derby wow what utter bollocks the kid struggles in the reserves and your telling Rafa to use him at first team level.

Football alot of the time is based on opinion and its opinons from us fans which generally are way off the mark, of course we are right at times when we someone is playing poorly etc, but to sit their a say rafa is an idiot he doesnt know what he is doing, when a man like Rafa could probably teach us so much with his football knowledge and actual philsophies i find just laughable.

Fans have a huge amount of power alot of the time and our judgements can effect the club as much as anyone and when that power is handed to people with generally little knowledge or just enough that would suggest he knows his stuff we can come to solutions and ideas that are actually harmful for the club.

So maybe as fans we should just appreciate what we have for the time being become a bit more relaxed with our manager and let him do his thing. We should be concentrating really on getting the many fuckers that are effecting this club out of it and that for me doesn't include rafa. At the moment is Rafa leaves Hicks etc just have free reign on everything without any knowledge of football at least with Rafa we have a man obssesed with game and wanting to achieve for me that its a better situation him staying and getting everything he wants than leaving at this moment.

Let Sammy Lee finish the season at the helm... At least we will score a few fucking goals.

Rafa couldnt motivate this side at all... Hes full on lost the squad.

I thought I should clarify your statement, and then agree.

This is not a squad who wants to play for that man.

Fact or opinion? Not having a dig, just want to know.

I cant say anything about where I heard it...

I dont care if anyone believes me, because I believe it to be true.

I've heard similar stories .even without the stories its clear to anyone with a hole betweeen the cheeks of their arse that the senior players are pissed off with him ,look at that shambles with carra yesterday,and thats not a one off this season by any means .

I've heard similar stories .even without the stories its clear to anyone with a hole betweeen the cheeks of their arse that the senior players are pissed off with him ,look at that shambles with carra yesterday,and thats not a one off this season by any means .

Whether the stories are true or not I don`t know but to me the fact so many rumours are doing the rounds and the very divided nature of our fan base tells me it`s time for change. Aside from so many poor results and lifeless football the whole Club from the players to the fans seem so divided and dis-united and that`s without the division in the boardroom.

I think the best way to to restore some harmony throughout the Club and in the stands is to get a new Manager in and start afresh with everyone pulling in the same direction.

The Club as a whole is a damn sight bigger and more important than Rafa Benitez.

Players are always pissed off with managers.

They drop them & they discipline them.

(If they are not pissed off about being get in line you get the Spice Boys situation)

Rafa is also not a likeable character.

But none of that matters a jot- it is whether they play for him

And you do not win away at the Bernabeau unless every single player is playing for the manager.

His managment of the squad over the past year has been utterly shambolic. We've let good solid pro's like Crouch, Pennant, Riise, Finnan and Voronin leave and replaced them with Keane, who was sold after a few months, Dossena, Ngog, with El Zhar bumped up from the ressies, and none are better than those who left.

Seeing the likes of El Zhar starting, and Lucas and Ngog coming on when we needed to win the game was a real low point - on par with anything we saw under Houllier, and even Souness. He's lost it.

If he refused, then he doesn't have the commitment to the club I thought he has. Hope it's not true.

Its just a rumour so far mate ..media over here claim that rafa stuck Skrtel out on the right to counter Downing being switched and he had no faith in Carra

Guest davelfc
His managment of the squad over the past year has been utterly shambolic. We've let good solid pro's like Crouch, Pennant, Riise, Finnan and Voronin leave and replaced them with Keane, who was sold after a few months, Dossena, Ngog, with El Zhar bumped up from the ressies, and none are better than those who left.

I started to write a response, going through your little list player by player and then suddenly realised, you're a prick! So I stopped. Now I'm wondering how the hell you are not still on ignore.

(you are now)

Guest davelfc
Its just a rumour so far mate ..media over here claim that rafa stuck Skrtel out on the right to counter Downing being switched and he had no faith in Carra

That doesn't sound good enough for an internet rumour, let's go with Carra refusing and Rafa having lost the squad. You know that squad he had behind him against Real Madrid.

Players are always pissed off with managers.

They drop them & they discipline them.

(If they are not pissed off about being get in line you get the Spice Boys situation)

Rafa is also not a likeable character.

But none of that matters a jot- it is whether they play for him

And you do not win away at the Bernabeau unless every single player is playing for the manager.

I would argue that you judge whether the players are playing for the manager in the less glamorous games.

Exactly. The players naturally raise their game in the big glamour ties. I'd go as far as saying they're more inspired to be playing for LFC than Benitez, and this idea from his cheerleaders that there'd be a mass exodus if he leaves is just scaremongering nonsense.

It was criminal not to play Darby yesterday, he'll trust the like of El Zahir, Ngog, Lucas, Kuyt and cack like that but he won't even let a right back play right back against Boro and it cost him as Skrtel should never have been there. Please don't sign the contract Rafa.

What makes me laugh is we're constantly told that it's the fractured boardroom situation which is the root cause of Benitez's domestic underacheivment, yet this is the norm for many of the top continetal clubs, who are run by absolute lunatics. Just look at the Madrid presidential campaigns, etc. Same in Italy, it's a constant circus.

What makes me laugh is we're constantly told that it's the fractured boardroom situation which is the root cause of Benitez's domestic underacheivment, yet this is the norm for many of the top continetal clubs, who are run by absolute lunatics. Just look at the Madrid presidential campaigns, etc. Same in Italy, it's a constant circus.

Under Rafa we have slightly over-achieved domestically.

You know this so why do you write differently?

Could someone else have done better? Possibly, possibly not

Could we have played more attractive football? Certainly

So there are valid grounds to criticise but we have averaged 3.75th on the 4th highest budget which is, by definition, over-achivement.

So there are valid grounds to criticise but we have averaged 3.75th on the 4th highest budget which is, by definition, over-achivement.

Over achieved? you must be having a laugh, he is a domestic failure.

You can carry on with that logic mate - the only person you are fooling is probably yourself.

After 5 years and all that money spent, we still only have Skrtel/Carra as a 2nd option for right back, Kuyt as the 1st option for right midfield, Babel as the 2nd option for the left midfield, Kuyt/Ngog as the 2nd option for stiker. And all these players were bought by Rafa.

Oh, and we still rely on Gerrard and Torres however unfit they might be. "We need Gerrard" said Benitez before the Boro game. You know why? The "next Gerrard" Lucas is fucking shit, thats why. After investing so much and after 5 years, I would think we should be able to produce atleast decent football and stand up to teams like Boro and beat them even when we miss Gerrard or Torres.

I guess it is all Parry's fault and the 4th wage budget. Nice one. Our failures are so easily explainable. If we manage to get to 1st highest wage budget, we should win the league - easy. Even without a manager that is. And if it wasn't for Parry, we will have the next Messi, next Ronaldinho and next Ronaldo coming through the youth ranks. Instead of the "bought by Rafa" El Zhar, Lucas etc. Sack Parry....oh, he is almost gone. Well watch us go now and win every game....oh shit, we lost to Boro. Oh well, it must be the 4th highest wage bill. Give 100% wage increase to Rafa, Gerrard and Carra. That should sort it.