You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mourinho believes Liverpool have everything to win title.

JMARKH

Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho believes Liverpool possess "everything they need" to claim the Premier League title this season.

Rafael Benitez's Reds sit second in league, level on points with leaders Manchester United but behind on goal difference having also played one game more.

While firmly in the title race, Liverpool have been guilty of squandering points at home to less-fancied opposition this season, but Mourinho, now the boss of Inter Milan, believes they can keep their championship challenge on track.

"It has been interesting watching Liverpool this season," Mourinho wrote in the Sunday Telegraph. "I think they have everything they need to win the title.

"I still can't understand why they didn't do it in the last four years. Why wouldn't they be able to do it this season? Of course they can.

"The manager is good, the players are good, the crowd is unique, the tradition of the club is big, so why can't they do it? I think they can."

Mourinho warned, however, that the resumption of the Champions League at the end of next month could again be a distraction for the Anfield club.

"Usually it is when the Champions League starts that they lose their focus on the Premiership," he continued. "It was like this in previous years when they did very well in the Champions League but they lost too many points in the championship.

"They have already lost 10 points at home by drawing the kind of matches they used to win. Against Stoke, Fulham, West Ham, Hull and Everton it has been two points lost. So if you can imagine that they had those 10 points now, they would be top of the league."

The Portuguese also played down the recent spat between Benitez and United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

"As for these stories I read about Rafael Benitez and Alex Ferguson exchanging words, this is all part of the game," he said.

"It is part of the fight you have to make to win a title, part of the pressure that managers try and put on other managers, clubs and structures to try to get an advantage.

"I think Benitez and Ferguson respect each other and both know they are contenders for the title. I don't think it is personal."

Meanwhile, Mourinho hailed the decision of Kaka to snub the advances of Manchester City and remain in Serie A with AC Milan.

"I am happy that Kaka didn't go there," he said. "I want the best players to be in my league. I want my league to be as strong as possible and of course Kaka is absolutely top.

"It would have been very, very bad for Italian football if Kaka had left Serie A.

"When a player like him decides to join City it will be because they have proved there is a big project; because I don't think a player like Kaka is going to leave a club like Milan because of one euro more or one euro less."

I don't know why he says he can't understand us not winning it in last four years as the club was a mess when houllier left so for the first two seasons under Rafa I didn't think we had a chance to win it.

Inter, because Mourinho is under attack

25.01.2009 13.46 di Redazione TMW.

Source: Telelombardia - Qui Studio a Voi Stadio

That Mourinho likes being the center of attention is a fact. Even when all goes well there's something to talk to. Perhaps, however, not even the Portuguese, is imagined to spend a week as one that is about to end. The defeat of Bergamo, a tourbillon has generated criticism and spifferi the locker room, turned into stormy gusts. Moratti this week, reiterated that the techniques and tactics are all Mourinho and return to the market, we do not even speak. What is more, the alleged outburst post Atalanta, has indispettito not just the patron nerazzurro. But not all. Even the supporters, those of Inter, have felt betrayed, while the bianconeri are still extolling the technical Setubal, the cry: "Mourinho is one of us." The team, or rather the locker room, it is divided, there are those who are with the coach and who, among which could be the famous mole, the famous source mentioned by Mourinho in the press conference, is against the coach. To all this has added controversy arbitration. So from the beginning of this season, at the media, is certainly one of the most difficult periods for Jose, that seems to be in sight of everyone, even those who work closely with him.

:whistle:

Translation:

"Former Chelsea manager, Mourinho knew that Chelsea possessed everything they needed to claim the CL when he was manager.

However he now longer has that job because owners do not pump in over half a billion pounds merely to win parochial, domestic titles; they want European glory.

Unfortunately their manager was completely & utterly outthought by Rafa Benitez who had an inferior set of players.

And that is why Jose had to become a FORMER Chelsea manager.

He is still very bitter about that, especially as he missed the arselicking from the UK press.

Consequently he is trying to say something here in a blatant attempt to get himself publicity & a feeble attempt to put pressure on Benitez, the man who always outwits him when it matters. Please listen to him as he needs the attention.

Interestingly he is also very bitter about Avram Grant who did manage to get Chelsea to a CL final & did manage to not cock up his vastly superor resources against Liverpool... unlike Jose. (Grant also had a much better points average in the PL in '07-08 but strangeky we rarely hear about that from Jose's friends in the press: must be an honest mistake though)"

Translation:

"Former Chelsea manager, Mourinho knew that Chelsea possessed everything they needed to claim the CL when he was manager.

However he now longer has that job because owners do not pump in over half a billion pounds merely to win parochial, domestic titles; they want European glory.

Unfortunately their manager was completely & utterly outthought by Rafa Benitez who had an inferior set of players.

And that is why Jose had to become a FORMER Chelsea manager.

He is still very bitter about that, especially as he missed the arselicking from the UK press.

Consequently he is trying to say something here in a blatant attempt to get himself publicity & a feeble attempt to put pressure on Benitez, the man who always outwits him when it matters. Please listen to him as he needs the attention.

Interestingly he is also very bitter about Avram Grant who did manage to get Chelsea to a CL final & did manage to not cock up his vastly superor resources against Liverpool... unlike Jose. (Grant also had a much better points average in the PL in '07-08 but strangeky we rarely hear about that from Jose's friends in the press: must be an honest mistake though)"

Anything can happen in the cups, it is the league that is the bread and butter as the great man shankly said and it is ultimately what you judged on when it comes to being a success or failure at Liverpool. Besides Mourniho is a champions league winner.

Anything can happen in the cups, it is the league that is the bread and butter as the great man shankly said and it is ultimately what you judged on when it comes to being a success or failure at Liverpool. Besides Mourniho is a champions league winner.

He also said Rome in '77 was the greatest night in our history as we were European Champions.

Over half a billion quid for parochial,domestic trophies is not what people pay £500m for.

He desperately wants the job and has done for years.

He would crawl over broken glass to get the Liverpool job. And now that he's complimenting Liverpool supporters I get the distinct impression that he is nurturing goodwill as he canvasses for Rafa's job. When he states that he was "surprised" that we hadn't won the league under Rafa I understand this to be a criticism of our manager and not an acknowledgement of how good his team was. Slimey twat!

That was the last time ('04) that he got futher than Rafa though.

He also owes his present job to a team sacking a manager who won 3 Leagues in a row because no-one cares if you also do nthg in the CL as he did... was v unlucky in the last year though in that he drew Rafa

I don't care, I want the league and I think he is suited to it.

He had the most money English football has ever seen.

Almost all the key signings were there before, a lot because Kenyon fucked off with the Manc's scouting dossier & they then outbid them.

They then went backwards every year he was there.

In the last year, he was completely outmanaged by Avram Grant

He completly bottled the big games against Rafa & Barca in the CL (& when you are a multi-billionaire & rate the League more you can buy a club & follow that rule but everyone else knows that Roman wanted the CL more)

Great for soundbites, his record in England is really not that good