You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gillett and Hicks (ownership saga)

Antynwa

The guy has one almighty ego it needs deflating, he believes we like and believe him.

The game is on worldwide TV, he will not enjoy it as his picture is beamed across the world. This will be better than any demonstration that he never gets to hear about nor gives a toss about.

The guy has one almighty ego it needs deflating, he believes we like and believe him.

The game is on worldwide TV, he will not enjoy it as his picture is beamed across the world. This will be better than any demonstration that he never gets to hear about nor gives a toss about.

I think after someone spat at his son and threw a pint of beer at him that he knows how some feel.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

No he doesn't

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
in his eyes a couple of nobheads, he would put that down to being a small minority. Certainly not the masses, the guy thinks cos he is siding with Rafa we will side with him

He knows full well the amount of ill will towards him.

More Hicks spin?

American billionaire back in for Liverpool

by John Harkin. Published Wed 28 Jan 2009 10:11, Last updated: 28 Jan 2009

American billionaire Robert Kraft has renewed his interest in buying a stake in Liverpool.

Speaking about Liverpool in 2005, Kraft said: ""Liverpool is a great brand and it's something our family respects a lot.

American billionaire back in for Liverpool - Liverpool - Sport - Click Liverpool

Those words make my blood boil

It's the word Carra. It's marketing. I know I'm being pedantic but if they said we have a great name that's fine but brand suggests they are interested in us to make money first and foremost. Call me naive and old fashioned but it matters to me

From CNN.

LIVERPOOL, England (AP) -- A group of Kuwaiti businessmen were at Anfield on Sunday with Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks to watch the 2-0 victory over Chelsea as the American tries to attract new investors.

The party featured members of the Al-Kharafi family and a real estate executive, who the Hicks camp has been talking to about helping to fund a 60,000-seat replacement stadium for Anfield.

Hicks sent key personnel to Kuwait and other countries in the region to find investors able to provide the capital that will help him meet his financial obligations to Liverpool -- notably building the new stadium -- and reducing the club's debt.

Liverpool finance director Philip Nash met earlier this month with billionaire Nasser Al-Kharafi, who owns The Kharafi Group which is building the 60,000-seat Jaber Al-Ahmad International Stadium in Kuwait.

Hicks was at Anfield on Sunday with co-owner George Gillett Jr. -- the first time in 13 months that they had been seen at the same match.

Their relationship deteriorated throughout 2008 and, in a clear sign of their lingering divisions, they were separated by more than a dozen seats in the directors' box.

Hicks has already met with Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez about trying to extend the Spaniard's contract and further talks are expected while the Americans are in Britain. A board meeting is expected to take place Monday.

But an obstacle to those negotiations succeeding remains chief executive Rick Parry, whose resignation Hicks has demanded, and the extent of Benitez's power over him when signing players.

"I was talking to Mr. Hicks -- now I don't know anything so I will try to enjoy today," Benitez said.

The search for new investors comes as a July deadline approaches to refinance the loan that funded the Americans' 218.9 million-pound takeover two years ago.

That financing package of around $363.4 million must be renewed by July after a six-month extension was granted by the Royal Bank of Scotland and US investment bank Wachovia. But RBS recently announced huge losses and may not be in a position to extend further financing.