You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Police are cunts

Malarkey

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Dunno- an ex-copper, sex offender and woman killer jailed following a notorious, highly publicised case? There's no way he can be let out in the general prison population, he wouldn't last 5 minutes before some nutter wanting the kudos fucks him over. I hope the solitary breaks him.

I think he will top himself. He’s already injured himself a couple of times pre trial. The thought of waking up every day on a thin mattress, making a cup of tea, turning on the radio then staring at the wall all day for 16 hours until you go back to sleep. It will drive him insane within a year or so. It’s a form of state torture, actually more humane to shoot him. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

This could have been a contender, the equivalent of A Red's encounter with Fred West.

So close and yet so far.

I’ve mentioned it before but one of my mates, Bonner, is borderline special (so much so he asked another friend how to make ice) and he was his doctor. Harold must have been feeling lenient with him. 

Anyone can make themselves look like a copper, how would anyone know what a legit warrant card looks like?

The problem here is that he's been let in and not been rooted out earlier. People don't go straight to murder, there will be all sorts of questionable stuff in his background. I mean his nickname was the rapist for fucks sake.

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Anyone can make themselves look like a copper, how would anyone know what a legit warrant card looks like?

The problem here is that he's been let in and not been rooted out earlier. People don't go straight to murder, there will be all sorts of questionable stuff in his background. I mean his nickname was the rapist for fucks sake.

On the Channel 4 report, they mentioned that he'd first started with the Civil Nuclear Constabulary, where he got his firearms training and a way into the Met. There were a few comments from ex- and serving CNC staff saying that the standard of new recruits had taken a nosedive in recent years and they were letting all sorts in.

From about 3:17 here (be careful if you've just had your breakfast, Priti Patel is on immediately beforehand)-

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The response from the Met needs to focus on this. The message needs to be that these sort of bastards are rare as rocking horse shit and one is too many, so we're going to do this, this and this to stop it happening again.

Or, the Policing Minister could tell women to run away from the Police. Either's good.

10 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I read the judge's summation yesterday and it was very well argued, as the blog says, it's very unlikely that an appeal to reduce the sentence would succeed (and would be pretty pointless anyway given his age and the likely tariff of 30 years plus).

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The response from the Met needs to focus on this. The message needs to be that these sort of bastards are rare as rocking horse shit and one is too many, so we're going to do this, this and this to stop it happening again.

Or, the Policing Minister could tell women to run away from the Police. Either's good.

Histrionics is our default position sadly. Beverley Allitt was murdering kids back in the day but it didn't make people  think twice about going to Alder Hey if their kid bumped their head. I presume. 

This, this is why I hate them most...

Kit Malthouse, Minister for policing, on Dick.

'She is a dedicated and talented and committed police officer who is driving the Metropolitan police to ever greater standards of care and improvement and fighting crime.'

Nothing but demonstrably false hogwash and hyperbole which they know is wrong, but the pubilc don't have time to check, or know where to look for the facts if they were minded to.

It's neferious gaslighting and they are more than happy to lean in to it to protect their hides from exposuse.

They are genuinely reprehensible and disgusting and couldn't give a shit about the public as long as they are free to fleece them at every available opportunity.

The day we see the back of them should be a day of public celebrations as they are frog marched to the Old Bailey in cuffs.

12 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ve mentioned it before but one of my mates, Bonner, is borderline special (so much so he asked another friend how to make ice) and he was his doctor. Harold must have been feeling lenient with him. 

Sounds like our good friend Simon Green.

• Upvote 1

The point at which Couzens handcuffed her for supposed "Covid Breach" is devastating. In the cold light of day you look at that and think that was the alarm bells moment- theres just no justification for that to happen- but he must have been bloody convincing.  

The C*nt    

40 minutes ago, Dave D said:

The point at which Couzens handcuffed her for supposed "Covid Breach" is devastating. In the cold light of day you look at that and think that was the alarm bells moment- theres just no justification for that to happen- but he must have been bloody convincing.  

The C*nt    

It's heart-breaking. Also very alarming- I've no idea what she was like as a person, but from her family's account she was friendly and well mannered. I can imagine a lot of people would have been taken in by that sort of approach and acquiesced, after all this is a police officer and you're supposed to respect their authority, he is also a pretty big bloke and there's no way you'd want to provoke him by resisting.

The 'advice' from the Met and other forces on what to do, like flagging down a bus or ringing 999 to check whether it's a legitimate officer is complete nonsense. Not only would it not have worked in this case as he was a police officer and appeared to be making an arrest, it could also earn you a physical confrontation which most people would shy away from. How about mandating that officers must return all their kit when off duty else it's a disciplinary matter, that they only ever patrol in pairs and that a culture where someone's blokey and accepted nickname is 'rapist' is stamped out. Might be a start rather than trying to put the onus on potential victims to have to do due diligence.

Much like the gmnt they seem to lurch from 1 disaster to another.

And what difference would that  have made?he was a serving police officer.

A whatsapp group he was in ,is now being investigated.

And in all honestly, I've never worked with anyone who had the nickname rapist.

• Upvote 1

Policing is based purely on trust, despite what has just happened you have to trust them. Once trust has gone, in any facet of life, nothing works.

The police need to realise this as a matter of urgency and act quickly, whether it be full on reforms or sacrificial sackings.

• Like 1

How about mandating that officers must return all their kit when off duty else it's a disciplinary matter, that they only ever patrol in pairs and that a culture where someone's blokey and accepted nickname is 'rapist' is stamped out. Might be a start rather than trying to put the onus on potential victims to have to do due diligence.

The Guardian did a timeline piece in which they said he'd purchased equipment to use online, so I don't think he was using his official kit, save for his warrant card.