You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Not a case of thinking he was shite or not, he clearly wasn't.

It's the whole if you exclude the mistakes idea I can't get to grips with.

I acknowledged the mistake so how has it been excluded? You were surprised that i said Carra was excellent tonight. 1 mistake in 90 othwerwise excellent minutes doesn't change my opinion. If Torres had a stormer and missed 1 sitter i'd still say he had a good game. Masch made a horrible mistake against Tevez at the weekend but was still fucking immense. Players make mistakes, but 1 here or there doesn't make me ignore the fact they've had an excellent game.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a terrible, terrible and deeply embarrasing performance in the second half.

I hope this was caused by tiredness from the great performance on saturday.

I am afraid we have used our luck for a whole season already though.

My nerves can`t take any more matches like this. I demand a comfortable and easy victory against Stoke.

Fucking hell chill ya beans, blood.

If we've used our luck for the season already, what the fuck have the mancs and Chelski been living off in past seasons??

What a terrible, terrible and deeply embarrasing performance in the second half.

I hope this was caused by tiredness from the great performance on saturday.

I am afraid we have used our luck for a whole season already though.

My nerves can`t take any more matches like this. I demand a comfortable and easy victory against Stoke.

I take it you've not watched much European football then?

He hasn't performed that well yet. He's shown glimpses, but certainly not enough consistancy. It might just be a bit early to call him shite though don't you think?

im probably jumping the gun a bit to be fair, but he did cost 8 million, so not exactly pittance, Carra wasnt best pleased with him tonight

if babel had chipped it delicately to the left of the keeper, where numbnuts said he would have liked him to, had the keeper got a hand to it and kept it out the same people would then be shouting that he should have buried it in the roof of the net. tools.

ITV were also quite critical of the finish - I thought he did everything right and it was simply one of the best saves you'll see this season or any season. Absolutely top drawer, world class save in my eyes.

On RTE just now Souness just said in spending £200m we've only bought 1 top player Torres, what about skertel maschereno agger and the best keeper on the planet, Dunphy then said if we had'nt bought Lucas and arbeloa we could have bought Tevez, he then said lucas cost £5m how much does he F**** think we paid for arbeloa?

And some people say the analysis on RTE is better than on UK television?

fuckinghell but we made hard work of that 2nd half...could easily have gone against us tonight .I was convinced after the battling display in the first half that we'd kill the game off but we kept giving away the ball too easily and leaving them at us .Cant believe alonso didnt come on ,we were crying out for someone with his guile.Thanks be to fuck we have such a world class keeper

Must say hats off to gerrard ,that was one of the best finishes i've ever seen and even though its early days yet ,that riera looks like a real find.

And some people say the analysis on RTE is better than on UK television?

Its not id rahter watch tydlesly anyday of the week,Dunphy also said that Benitez will lose his job soon,souness was also licking arse with some shite about the mancs and Chelsea not buying playersas bad as benayoun.What about nani and Malouda,They think that because they both cost 15 million they must be better.

Lucas instead of Alonso hurt our ability to keep posession- I really do not see quality in Lucas at the moment. At times our game cried out for Alonso (or someone else) to put a foot on the ball and keep posession.

Game well won- Gerrard's shot was fantastic, Babel showed glimpses (but like Kuyt in the weekend needed to score one of his chances), Torres looked tired. Back 4 really struggled with the pace and got dragged all over the shop at times as they also did against the Mancs- credit them for hanging in there and Reina for bailing them out.

Bar one poor decision (clouded judgement) I think Rafa got it bang on tonight

He was saying to Keane just because you cost 20m you cant play shit every week and stay in the team.

Taking Gerrard and Torres off when the game was one was the right thing to do.

Also please to see Babel get a run upfront

All in all good work Rafa

Not sure if I can be arsed with reading 18 pages.

Instead of dwelling on the many negatives , I will focus on the many positives. Ryan Babel looks a player now, his first touch is now more consistant , his passing is accurate and he's looking for the ball. Maybe someone told him how good he was or maybe he needed a year but he's starting to look like what we need.

The movement was much better than it has been from our attackers - United game aside- and it looks like they may be finding their stride. We could have easily had 4. I thought Bob was much improved too and , goes without saying really, Carragher and Reina were excellent. As for Itv blaming Reina , I'm not having that not am I having them blame Carragher. Steven Gerrard is the best player in the world. Not arsed what anyone else thinks.

Anyone know if Alonso was injured or it was just a tactical decision?

Dossena isn't at the level of Aurelio yet in my opinion but it's early days. I thought he got to grips with the game the more it went on and was much better in the second half.

Great performances from Carra, Reina and Gerrard and it's hard to separate them for MOM. A good supporting cast from Arbeloa, Babel and Kuyt who were the other players who impressed tonight. Arbeloa has been excellent in the last two games and deserves to keep his place at right back, Lucas and Mascherano struggled a bit providing protection but it's job done so no complaints. A great result and we're all set for Saturday.

Babel continues to impress and frustrate me in equal measure. He clearly has the talent but I think his decision making is poor at times. He did really well to win the penalty but wasted some good possession. Overall though I can't help thinking it will all click in to place with Babel and he'll go on to be a very good player for us.

Any away win in Europe is a fine achievement so well done Redmen. We were on the back foot for the second half but i think that's to be expected given Saturdays draining effort. Very impressed with Reira, this lad's got great, great feet and really looks the business to me. Reina is the best in the World, simle as. I was dissapointed with Dossena who i thought had done OK up untill now but to end on a negative note i'm afraid Lucas is shite. I've been saying it for quite some time now and everybody i know seems to disagree with me but i'm sorry, no way is he a Liverpool player i don't care what anybody says.

EDIT: Gerrards goal was one of the best i've ever seen, stunning.

Not sure if I can be arsed with reading 18 pages.

Instead of dwelling on the many negatives , I will focus on the many positives. Ryan Babel looks a player now, his first touch is now more consistant , his passing is accurate and he's looking for the ball. Maybe someone told him how good he was or maybe he needed a year but he's starting to look like what we need.

The movement was much better than it has been from our attackers - United game aside- and it looks like they may be finding their stride. We could have easily had 4. I thought Bob was much improved too and , goes without saying really, Carragher and Reina were excellent. As for Itv blaming Reina , I'm not having that not am I having them blame Carragher. Steven Gerrard is the best player in the world. Not arsed what anyone else thinks.

Anyone know if Alonso was injured or it was just a tactical decision?

To be fair Townsend defended Reina. I thin r.e Alonso it was tactical by Rafa. I wouldn't be suprised to see him start against Stoke on Saturday probably with Mascherano being rested.

It's TLW way.

You can fuck off with snide comments like that. Are you trying to tell me that no-one on any other forum has called Dossena shite? And what about Adam's post disputing the claim, that was a 'TLW' post as well, was it not? There will be far more people saying give him time than saying he's shite, but you go right ahead and judge a whole forum based on selective posts.