You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Well....I've liked Gojira for a couple of months now I think, but today was when I fell in love with them. This tune did it for me :

[YOUTUBE]afE6jbrFS4w[/YOUTUBE]

Bollocks to all that shit coming up on the screen aswell, the tune still plays normally.

Well....I've liked Gojira for a couple of months now I think, but today was when I fell in love with them. This tune did it for me :

Bollocks to all that shit coming up on the screen aswell, the tune still plays normally.

Can't see the video as I'm in work, but Gojira are fantastic, just wish I'd gotten onto them earlier than I had.

Off to Sonisphere on the 31st to watch Rammstein for the first time, can't wait.

Can't see the video as I'm in work, but Gojira are fantastic, just wish I'd gotten onto them earlier than I had.

Off to Sonisphere on the 31st to watch Rammstein for the first time, can't wait.

Yeah, I'd have liked to have been into Gojira for longer too. And cool stuff with Rammstein, have a good one!

Looks neat! Meshuggah are playing too so could be an awesome festival that.

People I know that have been say that it's a must for metal heads, trouble is, it's always on when I'm working and can't book holiday due to someone else being off...

People I know that have been say that it's a must for metal heads, trouble is, it's always on when I'm working and can't book holiday due to someone else being off...

Sucks....let us know how it went though if you made it.

3 legendary tunes from Pantera. Have got a vodka and orange and these tunes, and I think the cold/flu that's kept me awake has just whimpered off into the distance.

[YOUTUBE]zIhgMIlFuGU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]32hV5MqV4Xc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3Qy0AZcKzCQ[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Red Phoenix

Listening to a lot of Lamb Of God at the minute.

Some of their stuff is superb. I'll stick a couple of videos up when I'm not in work.

Not heard much of them but one of my best mates loves them. Should really check out more of their songs.

• 3 weeks later...

Could write several paragraphs about why this is so good, but it's not about that. 1:35, it's heavy, it's a fucking beast, that's it. Might not post back for months because I can't see how I can top this.

[YOUTUBE]_N46SAJkdb4[/YOUTUBE]

Your flame is faded,

So sink below,

Rest now your heavy head,

Upon your bed of bones.

Too far removed,

Too far to care,

.....set to destroy.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Posted a Deftones song in the tunes that are just fucking awesome thread, and am posting the other here. Have loved the album White Pony for years, and this one goes here because it's probably too out of hand for the other thread.

(it's doesn't take time to get heavy either for those not into metal, at you from the first second.)

[YOUTUBE]0ynvK1oKTrc[/YOUTUBE]

edit : fuck, that song is relentless, especially loud with decent headphones.

Edited by Red Phoenix

This is my favourite Gojira song at the moment. The drumming is sublime.

[YOUTUBE]_xEYz74bMHA[/YOUTUBE]

Some other songs I cant get enough of lately.

[YOUTUBE]MQmrChMHfr0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]WXBWFRY4LUc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]sO7VP34n2Ps[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]xEVyDjxsUrk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Jq-0SxNDYZw[/YOUTUBE]

Remember years back when John Peel would be on radio 1 in the slot before the rock show, and his last song would always be a nod to it, one of the heaviest, fastest, and most brutal things he could find. Don't think he'd have minded using this one. As I Lay Dying have progressed to a ridiculous level with this album.

[YOUTUBE]ijRknTuruII[/YOUTUBE]

While I'm here... (Just a note that this is about the heaviest thing I've ever heard.)

So if you're not into heavy just skip it. This is here for one reason, and that's Slayer fans basically. The singer is heavier but the guitars.....Slayer fans, those guitars are fucking immense. Thought of Slayer pretty quickly with this as it's one of the only songs that have ever, ever matched upto them for me personally.

[YOUTUBE]LC4sRfj1V2U[/YOUTUBE]

Seriously need to start linking some grungier stuff, or at least more chilled, have been into the heavy for so long now and I like to keep a balance.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting into a lot of this newish instrumental metal, 'Russian Circles', 'Red Sparrowes', 'Lone Wolf and Cub' and 'and so I watch you from afar' are all class.

This has, of course, led me to Isis... awesome.

anyway... moar punk.

7rwXfuIkgE0

HF6LRvkQm98

The band below is the better version of Joy Division

m8w14IaS8Us

A-UTPKL-UGY

bzRe7m28VR0

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't make it to Bloodstock in August, so missed Gojira, however, I did catch Rammstein at Sonisphere.

Best. Live. Show. Ever.

Words can't really describe just how good they were on the night, so here's a video for a tune that rocked the shit out of Knebworth on that night:

My0HQ0QkGLQ

As for Lamb Of God, if you've not got into them, then I suggest you do, simply fantastic:

0qyrCa6oSJY&p

I've also recently been listening to a couple of Black Label Society albums, and I like what I hear. Not as heavy as I'd thought they'd be, but good all the same, they are somewhere between Sabbath and Pantera, so can't be a bad thing. Zakk Wylde deserves a lot more credit than he's gotten over the years.

VuCtL5SrW94

• 2 weeks later...
FEAR NOT, THEY HAVE RETURNED.

[YOUTUBE]K913KVe3kH8[/YOUTUBE]

*Dances like a Wham kid fan in the 80's*

At long fucking last. I hated Cornell for being a cunt the first time round, then with Audioslave.

He need's that good guitarist behind him, not his half decent solo stuff.

Thayall is one of my favourite guitarists ever.

Have some green RP.