You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest davelfc
We use five of our potentially limitless senses and are conditioned to be restrcted to a five sense reality.

"Ghosts" are the manifestation of our spirit, that's all.

Being a paranormal obsessive as a kid, having had experiences aged 6 or so and still fascinated, I have a life ambition to witness a full manifestation.

If you really want to see something then I am sure you will. I also think we're conditioned to our five senses because at the moment that is all we have.

We do not have a spirit, we're a series of electrical pulses in a soup of chemicals. It's a little like saying my laptop has a spirit. We live, we die and things move on. I'm afraid there is no purpose, we're not important and in reality we're a tiny little insignificant spec of dust.

Ghosts, spirits, the afterlife, heaven etc were designed to make people feel better about when they or loved ones die. If you believe that and it gives you comfort then I do not see anything wrong with that.

I just think it's complete bollocks myself.

My mate and his wife got their wedding photos back from the photographer last month and his Grandad is on the group photo, clear as fucking day. In a suit, standing right behind his Ma.

He died 10 years ago.

That's fucking mental.

The simple explanation for that is your mate and his wife got married 10 years ago and had a piss poor photographer who took that long to develop the fuckin pictures.

It's fucking mental that they paid that cunt.

Why just walls? Why not any inanimate object then? How about a concrete floor or maybe a plaster ceiling?

So this wall somehow records an event and then is able to manipulate atoms to form into objects that can make sounds and appear to the human eye.

It's already been done, it's called a projector.

I didn't say I thought it was true - it's just an interesting idea. I guess that in this theory "walls" would be the surroundings. Is it possible? I don't know, but then I don't know how an ipod stores so many tracks, so I'm no expert on how things are "recorded".

Whilst not a believer in the paranormal myself, I do reserve the right to keep an open mind about people who have experienced it, in that they're either liars, or mental.

There is a lot out there we do not understand though. The main thing for me being how people who believe in ghosts get jobs, or in fact, get dressed.

Wooooooooo...ha ha ha. Fucking mentals - they crease me up.

I once tried a ouija board in my teens and it scared the fuck out of me. We were convinced one of us was pushing it so put a marble between the pointer and our fingers; damn thing flew about four foot sideways off the table.

It shit me up but on the whole I'm still a skeptic.

My mam is convinced her house is haunted. Seen a few things, felt a few things, even said hello to it a few times. Not bothered by the idea of being haunted in the slightest, as she says the dead can't harm you, it's the living you need to look out for...

Our kid came back one night years ago convinced he had seen summat ghosty on the field behind West Derby Comprehensive. He was walking through there with a couple of his mates and they (in the twilight) spotted someone faintly luminous running backwards and forwards, faster and faster until it was just going back and forth too quickly to be someone on legs.

I myself have seen Newsham Park filled with faint smokey figures and heard music playing from lamp-posts. Further on, I could see faint figures of people waiting at bus stops along Belmont and down Oakfield Road.

Mind you, at the time I had not been asleep for nigh on a week, due to "Let's see how long I can make an ounce of speedy paste last." The answer was 5 days.

If you really want to see something then I am sure you will. I also think we're conditioned to our five senses because at the moment that is all we have.

We do not have a spirit, we're a series of electrical pulses in a soup of chemicals. It's a little like saying my laptop has a spirit. We live, we die and things move on. I'm afraid there is no purpose, we're not important and in reality we're a tiny little insignificant spec of dust.

Ghosts, spirits, the afterlife, heaven etc were designed to make people feel better about when they or loved ones die. If you believe that and it gives you comfort then I do not see anything wrong with that.

I just think it's complete bollocks myself.

So you know or think people's experience's are "complete bollocks"?

Which one?

To the kind soul that wrote it, thanks for the veiled compliment (or at least that's how I'm taking it) in the tag on this thread by the way...

:D

unless some one highlights tags i tend to not notice them. I just noticed one, i near on spat out my drink and that would be a waste.

it was TUTbury castle, not TITbury castle! :thumbup:

Guest davelfc
So you know or think people's experience's are "complete bollocks"?

Which one?

It has to be 'think' as I don't know of everyone's experiences or the facts surrounding them. I don't think people make up a supernatural experience I just believe there's a far more simple answer to them all than ghosts.

I have never seen one, but I am still open minded.

See, I think that maybe time is a dimension, and occasionally we are able to bridge the gap between dimensions, but only partially. That's just an idea, I don't know.

If you're right about the infinite universe in the ufo thread then you could be onto something here :P

I think i saw one when i was 11 or 12. Of course, it might have been a dream or an illusion or whatever but it frightened the beejeebus out of me.

Same as the ouija board thingy. Did it at uni and it told me that Wimbledon would win the fa cup so stuck a £5 on at 20-1 and lo and behold they beat Liverpool in the final

I think i saw one when i was 11 or 12. Of course, it might have been a dream or an illusion or whatever but it frightened the beejeebus out of me.

Same as the ouija board thingy. Did it at uni and it told me that Wimbledon would win the fa cup so stuck a £5 on at 20-1 and lo and behold they beat Liverpool in the final

You cant leave us hanging! Tell!

I just think that there are far too many stories/accounts/eyewitness testimonies for it to be untrue- not every person who reports having seen a ghost can be crackers, can they?
Has a single one of them got any further evidence other then "a feeling"? How come no-one who is sceptical about the existence of ghosts ever sees one? Why is it that when certain slightly weird stuff happens, it must be a ghost? I thought I'd got a tenner out at the ATM machine the other day but low and behold it wasn't in my pocket. Ghost?

How can grown men believe in something like this, it is just bizarre.

Guest TK-421
Interestingly obtuse outlook.

Man, it's stoopidy woopidy. There's no such thing!

I mean think of how many living organisms have perished on this planet. Why aren't there trillions of insect ghosts spooking around? Huh? Why isn't the cockroach that made the mistake of flying through my open window, which I brutally slaughtered, spooking me right now?

Ok, there are four ghosts: Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde. Clyde was my favourite because he is was orange and reminded me of the orange set in Monopoly, my favourite.

All other ghosts are fakey figments of fragile minds.

Edited by TK421