You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Uuuuurrggghhhhh

dave u

I was just tucking into some serious gourmet shit type chips. I always make sure my chips are well done and crispy, and this was no exception. Anyway, as I was chewing I noticed there was these hard little pieces that were more than just crispy pieces of chip.

I spat them out, and they appeared to be some kind of china or enamel type substance. I was pissed off, and was weighing up whether to take them back to the shop there and then. Then I felt something sticking in the side of my cheek. It was as though a bit of it was wedged into the top of my gum. But it wasn't hurting, which was strange.

A quick poke around with my tongue revealed - to my horror - that it was nothing to do with the chips, half of my tooth had broken off. It doesn't hurt, but the whole outer casing of enamel has come off, and there's just a horrible brown stump left. The inside part of the tooth (the side facing the inside of my mouth) is fine, but the outside bit is gone.

So I'm now shitting myself because a) I hate going the dentists, and b) I'm thinking at any time the nerve could be exposed and I'll be left in a whole world of pain.

The aging process comes screaming into the house of Usher. The fall of that house, maybe?

*Looks in horror at his Hermes mask for the second time in one day and runs screaming off to the *F.*

The same thing happened to me, except it was one of my crowns which fell off. About 6 months ago, I had my teeth fixed and had 20 vaneers. I am now paranoid whenever I eat chips that a crown will drop off again. I went back to the dentist and they just glued it back on. In the past year I have been to the dentist about 15 times, so I have got over my fear. I still hate going though.

Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago, I was eating popcorn and bit and unpopped one and the back piece of my tooth broke off. I didn't go to the dentist (which was fucking stupid as I was still a student then and would have got it sorted for free).

Finally went last year and got it checked out cos I was getting a bit of pain from it, needed to get it crowned. It may just need a filling (£40) or it'll need a crown (£200).

Yesterday a whole tooth fell out. When I looked at it the tooth, a big fecker from the back, was all filling and a tiny bit of enamel. Now I have just a frayed bit of something on my gum.

I'm on lager for it.

I was just tucking into some serious gourmet shit type chips. I always make sure my chips are well done and crispy, and this was no exception. Anyway, as I was chewing I noticed there was these hard little pieces that were more than just crispy pieces of chip.

I spat them out, and they appeared to be some kind of china or enamel type substance. I was pissed off, and was weighing up whether to take them back to the shop there and then. Then I felt something sticking in the side of my cheek. It was as though a bit of it was wedged into the top of my gum. But it wasn't hurting, which was strange.

A quick poke around with my tongue revealed - to my horror - that it was nothing to do with the chips, half of my tooth had broken off. It doesn't hurt, but the whole outer casing of enamel has come off, and there's just a horrible brown stump left. The inside part of the tooth (the side facing the inside of my mouth) is fine, but the outside bit is gone.

So I'm now shitting myself because a) I hate going the dentists, and b) I'm thinking at any time the nerve could be exposed and I'll be left in a whole world of pain.

I was thinking about donating a bit of money to the site and getting meself a nice avatar but I'll be damned if I'm putting money into the pocket of a man who has the teeth of a small schoolgirl. If that was me I'd have made an example of that tooth to warn the others that were thinking of shattering. Perhaps I would have put it in a bowl in full view of the other teeth and poured a whole can of coke over it, that'd let the bastards know who's boss.

(PS I'm joking, I was never going to spend any money, I'm a tight git)

Had that a couple of weeks ago I was eating.......a pawn pasta salad it broke part of the tooth & took out the mid of the filling, mind you I think that the absess I had was part of the reason for the break, had to have the tooth out as the dentist couldn't fix it good job it's at the back!!!

Had that a couple of weeks ago I was eating.......a pawn pasta salad it broke part of the tooth & took out the mid of the filling, mind you I think that the absess I had was part of the reason for the break, had to have the tooth out as the dentist couldn't fix it good job it's at the back!!!

Are you sure it was your tooth ?? it may have been a mere pawn in your salad.

It would have been better had the enamel casing still been there, as the Dentist would have just pulled the nerves out. Happened to me 18 months ago. Job done. No more pain.

Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago, I was eating popcorn and bit and unpopped one and the back piece of my tooth broke off. I didn't go to the dentist (which was fucking stupid as I was still a student then and would have got it sorted for free).

Finally went last year and got it checked out cos I was getting a bit of pain from it, needed to get it crowned. It may just need a filling (£40) or it'll need a crown (£200).

Either way - get your cheque book out :(

Same thing happened to me, at the cl quarter home leg against Arsenal when Torres smashed the second home i caught an elbow and it bust one of me back teeth.

Short version is it cost me £200 to fix (with a crown) and that was the "NHS"...

Just rang my dentists, and they're fully booked for weeks. They have a cancellation for today, but because I havent been there for years I'm not on their records now and they can't book me in until I've filled in some form or something.

I don't want to go today as its not hurting so I want to play footy tonight. If I go in today they may do some shit to it that means I can't play footy.

I'm thinking of just registering with another dentists and trying to get an appointment for tomorrow or monday maybe.