You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Clive Tyldsley Fact File

In May 2002, Clive was named Royal Television Society Sports Commentator of the Year by MUTV.

He has worked on the 1992, 1996 and 2000 European Championships and was a key member of ITV's France '98 and Korea/Japan 2002 teams, as well as ITV's senior commentator at Euro 2004. He took over as ITV's principal commentator from Brian Moore at the start of the 1998/99 season.

Due to the network's impressive portfolio of live football AND United's lucky breaks, in Clive's first season as prinicipal commentator he covered both the 1999 FA Cup Final and European Champions' League Final. The 1999 Champions League Final was an all-time classic with Manchester United's last-gasp goals clinching a 2-1 victory against Bayern Munich even if it was against the run of play. "This is when it really sunk in that this was my club", exclaimed Clive, "they really turn me on!" - Whatever

Lancashire-born Clive began his career in independent local radio in Nottingham and Liverpool before turning his back on them and joining Granada TV in 1987 because they were based in Manchester, becoming their main football and rugby league commentator. As a reporter and presenter for radio he covered four European Cup Finals, including the Heysel Stadium tragedy and provided a number of reports for ITV's World of Sport but this information rarely is shared with the viewer.

Clive was a regular contributor to Saint and Greavsie (but they took no notice) and The Match for three years and commentated on Euro '92 for ITV, before moving on to cover the USA 1994 World Cup and Euro '96 for the BBC until they decided enough was enough and removed the biased wannabee 'manc'!

Following the Atlanta Olympics, Clive decided to resume his ITV career, later taking over from Brian Moore as senior commentator, filling the hotseat next to acclaimed (ARF) co-commentator Ron Atkinson they regulary sucked each others cocks. Clive also has a regular column in the Daily Telegraph and Manchester UTD match day program. His regular phrases like, "remember the name" and "Only Manchester UTD have won the EC in the last 20 years", (forgetting Brucy's wobbly legs) made him a household name in Manchester and the southern counties. Although to the neutral, Clive is fast becoming as entertaining as Orville the duck with his constant references to UTD even when they are not playing ffs.

Clive is married with two children, Eric and Bobbie, and lives in Windsor, Berkshire with their dog..... Rooney.

He was making Motty look good last night - did anyone get onto the fact that he got the substitution totally wrong?

Sychev came on yet he and Pleat were telling us about how good Bystrov is and didn't realise their mistake until about ten minutes later.

He was a leg back in his Radio City days, but sold out.

Spot on there rr, I have two audio cassettes from our Double Winning Season and the 87-88 season, where Clive is commentating and narrating all the way through, I always stick them on every so often to remember the good old days when he wasn't a cunt.

I think he just toes the media line on United now.

I agree with Chris

I thought it was funny and I hate Tyldsley nearly as much as Geoff Shreeves but if you slag them off when they do something that pisses you off then you have to be (almost) equally as quick to acknowledge that too

Ying and yang my friends. Ying and yang.