You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The cunting Daily Mail thread.

Chris

Jairz knows the score.

The Daily Mail championing Fascism across Europe

Hurrah%2B4%2BBlackshirts.jpg

The Daily Mail vilifying Jews trying to seek refuge before the holocaust

German+Jews+Pouring+into+this+country.jp

The owner of the Daily Mail with Adolf Hitler (1934)

rothrmere-hitler1.jpg

A telegram sent to Hitler by the owner of the Daily Mail in 1938 after the annexation of the Sudetenland

“My dear Fuhrer everyone in England is profoundly moved by the bloodless solution to the Czechoslovakian problem. People not so much concerned with territorial readjustment as with dread of another war with its accompanying bloodbath. Frederick the Great was a great popular figure. I salute your excellency’s star which rises higher and higher.”

Fucking hell

15d349f4130ba796c5276a62fae398a4.jpg

Nazi/Stalinist mouthpiece, that and the recent Express headline are some of the most shocking things I've ever seen on the front of a British tabloid in my lifetime. I think recent developments in politics have given a real indication as to how Fascism was able to rise as a force in the 1920/30's, which previously I had found slightly difficult to understand.

People read them, and believe them. It's amazing. The number of people in my work who start a conversation with, "It's says in the daily mail..." Sadly, a lot of people don't question what they read and take it as fact.

Someone said we live in a Post-factual world - you can print anything you like, true or false, doesn't matter. If enough people believe it then job done. Doesn't help that the editor of the Daily Mail is also Chairman of the Independent Press Standards Organisation.

If you let it, it can consume you. It's incredibly depressing.  

Not totally unrelated, I sometimes see an old woman by me in the morning on my way to work and she'll be leaving the shop with a copy of The Sun. I mean, if you can't get through to a 70 year old scouser about the evil of the press, then what hope is there?

I regret looking the mail online and seeing the utter shite that was being posted . I despair for this country when so many of its citizens have so little insight into how the system works, They voted for the so-called sovereignty of Parliament and that's what the ruling delivered. How is that hard to understand and why is it a good thing to have power vested in an individual that can take monumental decisions without consulting Parliament ? The answer is simply that the law is joke when it doesn't give the answer you want . I really thought we had got past that nonsense

hundreds of years ago, Politicians that are laying into these judges should be sacked . They are not the gullible, swivel eyed lizards that lap up the xenophobic lies fed to them by the Mail but professional representatives of the people elected to uphold existing laws and make new ones not to undermine the legal system by attacking those people appointed to enforce them, Unless they are claiming these judges are corrupt or unfit to serve then they should shut up or put up,  If I were a voter in David Davies constituency near Hull I would want him to account for his disgraceful comments attacking the judiciary . I hope there are some sentient people left on Humberside.

People read them, and believe them. It's amazing. The number of people in my work who start a conversation with, "It's says in the daily mail..." Sadly, a lot of people don't question what they read and take it as fact.

Someone said we live in a Post-factual world - you can print anything you like, true or false, doesn't matter. If enough people believe it then job done. Doesn't help that the editor of the Daily Mail is also Chairman of the Independent Press Standards Organisation.

If you let it, it can consume you. It's incredibly depressing.

Not totally unrelated, I sometimes see an old woman by me in the morning on my way to work and she'll be leaving the shop with a copy of The Sun. I mean, if you can't get through to a 70 year old scouser about the evil of the press, then what hope is there?

Cunt her in the bastard.

I regret looking the mail online and seeing the utter shite that was being posted . I despair for this country when so many of its citizens have so little insight into how the system works, They voted for the so-called sovereignty of Parliament and that's what the ruling delivered. How is that hard to understand and why is it a good thing to have power vested in an individual that can take monumental decisions without consulting Parliament ? The answer is simply that the law is joke when it doesn't give the answer you want . I really thought we had got past that nonsense

hundreds of years ago, Politicians that are laying into these judges should be sacked . They are not the gullible, swivel eyed lizards that lap up the xenophobic lies fed to them by the Mail but professional representatives of the people elected to uphold existing laws and make new ones not to undermine the legal system by attacking those people appointed to enforce them, Unless they are claiming these judges are corrupt or unfit to serve then they should shut up or put up,  If I were a voter in David Davies constituency near Hull I would want him to account for his disgraceful comments attacking the judiciary . I hope there are some sentient people left on Humberside.

Aye, the British Electorate are more stupid now than they have ever been before. They basically let the media tell them  how or who to vote for. As we have a vast majority of our media being right wing( and getting further right as time goes by) ,then that means the political future for  the UK looks likely to edge that way.

The only reason Tony Blair won three Elections was because the Right wing media backed him all the way.

It's a sad reflection on our current electorate,that, the (probably) lesser educated generation who survived World War 2, had the maturity,compassion,sense of fairness  and intelligence to send Churchill packing.

Maturity, intelligence and sense of fairness and compassion- all disappearing traits of our electorate.  

Maturity, intelligence and sense of fairness and compassion- all disappearing traits of our electorate.

Unfortunately there are too many people who'd prefer to watch a group of D List celebs roll around in jungle mud and eat live insects, than try to grasp the political climate in which they live. It's all about soundbites, and no substance.

• Upvote 1