You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just like watching Beardsley

silverlining

Hleb against United.

What a superlative display. Some of his close control, incisive, clever passing and darting runs were very, very reminiscent of the great Peter Beardsley in his Anfield pomp.

Obv Beardo was a proper striker, who came deep and linked play, and Hleb is more of an attacking midfielder (who doesn't score nearly enough goals), but Hleb was far and away the best player on the pitch, and didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

Hleb is world class, I have said so in the past too. Very intelligent.

As has been intimated on this thread already, he does occasionally disappear in games, and it did take him a little while to settle (mind you, so did Beardo, he wasn't at the races for the the first few months at Anfield).

The biggest problem with Hleb is that he's a fucking rubbish finisher. A player in his position really has to score more goals.

He scores less than 1 in 10 games, approx, and that's poor.

modric is better

But as of yet unproven in the premiership. Also i'll be very surprised if we are in for him as it's rare that players we want are revealed so early. I'm all up for it if it means selling alonso and putting modric in gerrard's position and gerrard further back.

Guest TK-421

Alonso's precision passing was a joy to behold yesterday.

Hleb is an excellent player but like I said on the other thread I find his lack of goals very disturbing.

Hleb was brilliant, as was Clichy.

And although I hate Fabregas, that lad gets through some fucking graft. He never stops.

Thought Clichy was unbelieveble. He's got some engine on him. He defended brillantly and was very dangerous on the overlap.

Hleb was non existant in both CL games against us.

Apart from that goal he set up for Diaby. Oh, and having more or less everything go through him in that first 20.

I don't like him though. In terms of goals, he's about as useful as a cock flavoured lollipop.