You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sami's goal.

lifetime fan

Is it just me or is anyone else fucked off with every single pundit going on about how it was poor marking by Senderos, totally ignoring the fact it was a totally awesome cowabunga goal.

The power, pace and direction on the header was immense.[/Quote]

l thought the exact same thing earlier today. If ronaldo had've scores that they would have been crowing on about how brilliantly he lost his marker, and then curled the ball into the top corner with pace and direction like it was some amazing new technique. MY GOD HE BENT THAT BALL INTO THE TOP CORNER WITH HIS HEAD FOLKS

lt was a cracking goal by sami, but they more or less put it down to a defensive error.

Notice no pundit has said 'Man to man marking is sh*t. Zonal marking is much more effective'

Sami's movement was great and was what made the goal.

I think Beglin mentioned it right after the goal. Something along the lines of "it seems you can concede goals when you man mark at corners" with a hint of sarcasm.

That was a world class header from a world class individual and absolute Legend. Plenty of kids are going to be named Sami in Liverpool in this generation.

Funny that I have always had a soft spot for the name Luis, first born boy was gonna be Luis but I might re-think that and call the first born Sami and the next one Luis.....having an older brother called Sami would fuckin rule!!

When Sami headed the ball our TV froze for a couple of seconds.We all thought it was going wide. The sound came back first just as Tyldsley shouted goal. Like Chris said above,that was the goal I celebrated most cos we were up shit creek at the time.

Slightly off topic, but I'm irked by how people say that they gave Torres too much room for his goal. No they didn't, Senderos was right up his arse and got turned by a remarkable piece of skill. He created that space for himself, not the other way round.

Notice no pundit has said 'Man to man marking is sh*t. Zonal marking is much more effective'

Sami's movement was great and was what made the goal.

Not like i can remember a great deal of the game (I was high as a kite on adrenalin) but I do remember one Arsenal corner where we did both zonal and man marking. Did any of the pundits/commentators notice that?

I am a fan of the zonal marking system, however I was pleased to see Rafa mixing it up to counteract Arsenal's obvious threat and ability to find space at set pieces. No doubt no one gave him credit for it, in fact they would probably use it to knock zonal marking.

On a seperate note, it makes me laugh when ingerland supporters and the media bleat on how we should be good enough to qualify for major tournaments, while trying their best to prevent any manager from using a formation or tactic other than "what we have always done".

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

By royal decree, the first male born shall be called Luis Samuel Sauze and he shall rule all, almost as hard as Torres