You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The official Inter match thread

RedinSweden

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mascherano was immense again. Our star of the season.

I think the whole team played their part although i thought we were far stronger down our right then we were our left.

I dont think Babel had his greatest game for us today and seemed to lose the ball almost every time he attacked the full back.

Lucas handled himself well considering how much more experienced the Inter Milan defence were.

Torres will be dissapointed not to have scored but he is coming back from injury and looked a little off the pace.

The highlights of the match for me (other then the goals) were Reina's celebration and Carragher trying to calm Vieria down but Mascherano wanted to kill him.

Great result. Now just play the same fecking team each week!

rotation has no purpose now, does it? The whole idea of keeping players " fresh" goes straight out the window. Theres no reason why we can't win the CL, we have the squad but i do wonder if things might have been different if that lovable cunt didnt get sent off. Its called Karma marco!

what i don't get is why rafa persists on playing Kuyt down the right when jermaine is more than capable of doing a better job. This was proved when he came on and kuyt was moved more to the center...

Kuyt went wide left when pennant came on .

Benitez knows that pennant overcooks 99.99% of his crosses and the Italians would never cop onto that fact thus ensuring kuyt would always be unmarked at the backpost .Inspired vision to spot such a obvious weakness

What a great game. I'm not sure we've played better all season than that. Two invaluable goals and a truly dominant performance - even before that horrible cheating twat was sent off. Mascherano was great again - I just hope we snap him up as soon as DIC take over - but let's make no mistake, all the team played well tonight, and we looked more than the sum of our parts, which hasn't really been the case for a while. Kuyt did well for the goal, Stevie's was a shot that if it was hit by anyone else you would regard it as speculative, and Crouch caused a bit of mayhem when he came on. Hypvia and Carragher once again looked like a class defensive partnership (apart from the shaky Hypvia overhead that should have been left to Pepe).

A great performance, and one that will frighten everyone else left in this competition. Well done Reds, and good on you Rafa.

Benitez knows that pennant overcooks 99.99% of his crosses and the Italians would never cop onto that fact thus ensuring kuyt would always be unmarked at the backpost .Inspired vision to spot such a obvious weakness

Never thought of that!

9th? what ? i must have been hiding behind a rock! The only goals i remember are the two against the bitters...( minds gone blank). Are you counting pre-season there, friend?

No

Good point lad, spotted that myself.