You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The official Inter match thread

RedinSweden

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9th? what ? i must have been hiding behind a rock! The only goals i remember are the two against the bitters...( minds gone blank). Are you counting pre-season there, friend?

No, 9th goal of the season. 2 against Toulouse, 1 against Porto, 1 against Marseille, 1 tonight, 1 against Barnsley and he has 3 in the league.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Liverpool | Club Stats

That doesn't include tonight's goal.

87' Toulouse 28.08.2007 CL View

90' Toulouse 28.08.2007 CL View

17' Porto 18.09.2007 CL View

54' pen Everton 20.10.2007 PL View

90' pen Everton 20.10.2007 PL View

46' Newcastle 24.11.2007 PL View

47' Marseille 11.12.2007 CL View

32' Barnsley 16.02.2008 FA View

++ / LFChistory.net -- Past Present Future

Then tonight's.

sorry about that - im usually pretty good with the old stats but thats a shocker.

inter manage to hold out, thankfully we got the goals. I hate kuyt, but i am happy for him. Hopefully he regained his confidence from this. Crouch deserves to start. He caused loads of problem and we look like we had a better shape with him in it. Before this, we were 451 with kuyt playing as left (O_O) /right winger.

i hate kuyt???

is this a translation problem or are you just retarded?

I don't know if we're all being a bit paranoid but Gerrard should have tried harder when asked about Rafa.

Especially if Capello's watching. He might just find Capello's not so keen on having a captain who doesn't stick up for his boss.

Anyway, fuck all that.

It was good to see Rafa berating the 4th official about time being wasted when we were 1-0 up.

I agree red, he refuses to back Rafa, and it pisses me off.

Fuck me i was feeling very low before the game and i was expecting the worst but when you least expect it this club lifts you up and makes you believe crazy things again.

Number 6.

not to bring the tone of triumph down but tonite is a prime example of what frustrates me about Benitez and his selections when we see a performance like that against the Italian champions (regardless of the red card) but we barely beat a team we put 6 past or lose to a team we put 8 past .

anyways ,fuckit ,we won, are more than halfway thru to the next round ,didn't get any stupid bookings or injuries and our workhorse finally got a roll of the dice

If we've to stop rotating then does that mean Kuyt starts every game ahead of Crouch now?

I think if Kuyt scores and wins the game for us every game, no-one's going to argue against him starting ahead of Crouch, ever. It's about what's best for the team and the results, not about the individuals.

My throat's sore as fuck. Was saying to my brothers before that these nights are fucking class and it's weird that tonight I went into the game without much trepidation because I KNOW that 9 times out of 10 we perform in the CL.

The league games scare the fuck out of me but Europe is totally different. I love the way it's made for us and vice versa.

Really pleased tonight because the shape worked and the subs were good, possibly a bit late but good nonetheless.

I'm sure Gerrard will get laid into by some though for not specifically backing Rafa even though Rafa himself has refused to single out individuals in the past plenty of times. Thought Gerrard was really good and that goal was fucking boss.

Bring on the second leg. I know there's still plenty of work to do but I really can't see us losing by three goals over there.

Two more excellent Anfield performances and it could be another final! Fucking hell!

OnizukaEikichi or Baz (who vanished it seems after we won) who talks the most crap? How can you hate a player who gives absolutely everything everytime he plays? Ok, you might not rate him as being good, but hate him?

So many question marks,

Loved us tonight, honest if we stick together, team, manager and fans we can be great. So much of footy is confidence.

If we've to stop rotating then does that mean Kuyt starts every game ahead of Crouch now?

IMO Crouch looks more of a threat when he comes on as a sub. You could see that when the defence was bolloxed they just didn't know how to handle him.

On the plus side if only Kuyt could play like that every week. He has earned that performance for all his hard work.

Still shite though...........:whistle:

I think if Kuyt scores and wins the game for us every game, no-one's going to argue against him starting ahead of Crouch, ever. It's about what's best for the team and the results, not about the individuals.

its good that kuyt gets the plaudits but Crouch more than played a part in that .In fact I'd go as far to say that kuyt would still be chasing around by the centre circle if Crouch wasn't there.3 times prior to the goal the ball went to crouch at the back post and he won it (even against kuyt at one stage) each time.Thats why kuyt was free

Made up with that. I was a bit fearful before kick off, but as it turned out my fears were misplaced. We were simply superb. It made me so proud to be a red. We have a great chance of going through (though there's still work to be done in Milan) but we could not have asked for more from tonight.

I don't like to read too much into Stevie's comments post match when some on here feel he did not support the manager as he might have. I think we go into all that a bit too much. It's a tiny snapshot, and for all we know he's been briefed to simply play all that with a straight bat.

It actually saddens me that there are so many people who actively go out of their way to bring down Dirk Kuyt. He showed again tonight that he is easily capable of being a force for us, and that wasn't just in his chasing it was in his movement and control and passing too. The guy has a decent first season, his old fella dies, he works consistently harder than any player I have ever seen and people somehow manage to hate him. He puts in a performance which gives him a shout at man of the match and people are trying to run him down for anything they can; it's pitiful.

They don't fucking deserve him.

its good that kuyt gets the plaudits but Crouch more than played a part in that .In fact I'd go as far to say that kuyt would still be chasing around by the centre circle if Crouch wasn't there.3 times prior to the goal the ball went to crouch at the back post and he won it (even against kuyt at one stage) each time.Thats why kuyt was free

I thought Crouch changed the game to be honest.

When he came on Inter Milan had already lost their two centre halfs and Crouch just ran wild.

Its performances like that from Crouch which show his true quality and if he performed like that every week he would be undroppable.

I know, Gav - but I'm not going to knock Kuyt's effort tonight, especially as he broke the deadlock and sent us into overdrive. If the game had lasted another 10 minutes, I could see a 4-0 result.

not to bring the tone of triumph down but tonite is a prime example of what frustrates me about Benitez and his selections when we see a performance like that against the Italian champions (regardless of the red card) but we barely beat a team we put 6 past or lose to a team we put 8 past .

anyways ,fuckit ,we won, are more than halfway thru to the next round ,didn't get any stupid bookings or injuries and our workhorse finally got a roll of the dice

Honestly we got some nice breaks in that game tonight especially them losing their 2 centerbacks but we deserved that result the way we set out from the start and i agree about our peformances why oh why do we wait for europe!