You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That fancy new stadium...

dave u

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cardie you knob jockey.

You say DIC would have sold us after 7 years as they did the same with Tassuads, can you explain why then you don't accept Dirk's view that Hicks will fuck us over (ie make statements like "success does not necessarily mean winning") and be hated by the fans much like he is at his "other" franchises?

You just argue for the sake of it, taking the opposite view to whoever you want to argue with that day.

Am I off the bit of paper again now then?

I haven't said they will sell us within 7 years I have said the plan they denied they had is remarkably similar to the situation that played out with the tussauds group.

I've also said that DIC are an investment group and are yet to invest in a hobby which seems to be the left to Maktoum to invest in outside of the DIC name.

Now by all means you can stick your fingers in your ears and pretend that Ansari is a knight in shining armour who was willing to ride in on his camel and lead us to the promised land but the truth is his loyalty has to be to DIC's shareholders first and foremost.

He said only 5 or 6 months ago that DIC's aim was to invest in as diverse a portfolio as possible as they saw it as lower risk when trying to provide a premium return to the stakeholders.

Buying Tussauds and then selling 80% for what they paid then sitting back as the sharks fight over the scraps is eerily similar to the document you say they denied but then what exactly do you expect an investment firm in the process of trying to buy something to say when trying to appease the crowds in light of negative press?

PS: In the space of a few hours I've gone from Devils Advocate and being ignored to arguing for the sake of it and not being ignored, which is it knob jockey?

PPS: How are your shares in DIC going, you seem to have a bit of a temper when it comes to discussing them, only this week you were telling people not to get personal and then open a defence of them with name calling you monotonous idiotic cuntflap.

think back to the choices we had in front of us when the yanks came in again with the offer to take over our club that was eventually accepted by moores and parry.

why did the sly swines accept an offer from the yanks, who want to put us 700 million in debt compared to a dubai led, cash rich consortium?

we have been led up the stanley park path big time. David Moores went for the best financial package available to him, regardless of our future.

If he loved us like he said he did, why did he not leave a legacy to our team by buying a BIG NAME out of the 80 million he walked away with.

we are goosed now. We have a gang of non-caring, profiteering Yanks at the helm, who have destabilised the best manager we have had for an age, and can not raise the bucks to build our new stadium without hocking the club for the next hundred years.... if this offer was better than the one from dubai, i shudder to think what their plans for the club were.

actually i think we all already know. Their offer give Moores next to nothing, and if he loved the team and club like he said he did, why not give a bit back out of the 80 million, to fund our future, instead of being left hackneyed by a gang of profiteering yanks who have a heart but have none of our soul.

Parry has a lot to answer for. He was instrumental in bringing rafa to us, yet lately has been playing the self-preservation game by not backing him when the whole of our support has done undyingly.

What a rat.

Everyone thought his days were numbered when we had these yank mercenaries take us over, and if his bowing to his new masters, rather than supporting our wishes as supporters of our gaffa, the quicker the spineless no-mark goes the better.

i can not believe we were suckered in to the yanks being our best option for our future. We have been had, Big time.

Parry, go now you leacherous arse-licking get, and David Moores, how the hell do you sleep at night as a red, putting up with the plans of the yank over-lords who you relinquished our behest dynasty.

how do you sleep at night you horrible b******s.

we had a legacy which was not yours to ruin, and yet, you have attempted to anyway.

The only thing that matters is you will not win. We will not let you.

The s**t we have had thrown at us has made our back-bone unbreakable.

George and Tom, get the net fella's, be to our benefit (which you have not proven at all yet) or go away, because we do not need the debt or theoverseas involvement.

do us all a favour and stick to ice-hockey et al, we are LIVERPOOL and you ain't

GO AWAY.

Remember it, the big, impressive, unique, one of a kind, best in the world stadium Tom Hicks was on about? The one they got planning permission for, and showed us the plans and got everyone all excited? The one that Hicks said we needed because the old design was simply not good enough for the fans?

Well it's been fucked off, and apparently they are planning to revert back to the 'ParryBowl' (with a few alterations), because it's cheaper.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, as I've hardly been on here all week so might have missed it.

It's more what they haven't done mate. And that is publicly back our manager.

The "vote of confidence"? Do you really think that would be forthcoming when the club was on the brink of Champions League elimination, trailing in the Premiership and with Rafa publicly criticising his bosses and doubting their knowledge of the transfer market?

think back to the choices we had in front of us when the yanks came in again with the offer to take over our club that was eventually accepted by moores and parry.

why did the sly swines accept an offer from the yanks, who want to put us 700 million in debt compared to a dubai led, cash rich consortium?

we have been led up the stanley park path big time. David Moores went for the best financial package available to him, regardless of our future.

If he loved us like he said he did, why did he not leave a legacy to our team by buying a BIG NAME out of the 80 million he walked away with.

we are goosed now. We have a gang of non-caring, profiteering Yanks at the helm, who have destabilised the best manager we have had for an age, and can not raise the bucks to build our new stadium without hocking the club for the next hundred years.... if this offer was better than the one from dubai, i shudder to think what their plans for the club were.

actually i think we all already know. Their offer give Moores next to nothing, and if he loved the team and club like he said he did, why not give a bit back out of the 80 million, to fund our future, instead of being left hackneyed by a gang of profiteering yanks who have a heart but have none of our soul.

Parry has a lot to answer for. He was instrumental in bringing rafa to us, yet lately has been playing the self-preservation game by not backing him when the whole of our support has done undyingly.

What a rat.

Everyone thought his days were numbered when we had these yank mercenaries take us over, and if his bowing to his new masters, rather than supporting our wishes as supporters of our gaffa, the quicker the spineless no-mark goes the better.

i can not believe we were suckered in to the yanks being our best option for our future. We have been had, Big time.

Parry, go now you leacherous arse-licking get, and David Moores, how the hell do you sleep at night as a red, putting up with the plans of the yank over-lords who you relinquished our behest dynasty.

we had a legacy which was not yours to ruin, and yet, you have attempted to anyway.

George and Tom, get the net fella's, be to our benefit (which you have not proven at all yet) or go away, because we do not need the debt or theoverseas involvement.

do us all a favour and stick to ice-hockey et al, we are LIVERPOOL and you ain't

GO AWAY.

Fantastic post mate. I just wish all LFC supporters felt the same way.

The "vote of confidence"? Do you really think that would be forthcoming when the club was on the brink of Champions League elimination, trailing in the Premiership and with Rafa publicly criticising his bosses and doubting their knowledge of the transfer market?

The "vote of confidence" wasnt needed. If owners have to respond to every piece of shite the media print they wouldnt have time to run their other businesses...

What a rat.

GO AWAY.

Wake up

Why did the whole transfer issue arise in the first place? Why did the Yanks put a block on all transfer activity? It's pretty fucking obvious to me.

Why did the whole transfer issue arise in the first place? Why did the Yanks put a block on all transfer activity? It's pretty fucking obvious to me.

Because they are confident Rafa is such a good manager and we have such a good squad that we will win the lot without any new players?

Did they? they told Rafa to stop negotiating fees, which wasn't his job anyway.

No they put a block on all transfers until they could be bothered to bring themselves over for their game of the season. There are even quotes out there saying this, you like those don't you?