You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Commence Meltdown

redrosetints

I will use my own judgement and will until I see or hear anything that convinces me otherwise believe the article on the official website.

If you want to trust tabloids that never lie then go right ahead.

No offence mate but the official website is just as untrust worthy and agenda driven as any tabloid. As for Rick Parry, I personaly wouldn't believe a word that comes out of that parasites mouth.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc

I don't for a second believe everything he says, I am just staying positive at the moment. In the absence of any hard facts from anyone there's little point in getting worked up or depressed. Besides the Official Website has to answer for any comments it makes while tabloids just print.

My decision to stay positive is no different from many other decision to get all worked up, none of us know for sure what the hell is going on.

I'll wait until something bad happens before I react, there's little to be gained by borrowing trouble.

With the amount of time he spends working I doubt it.

I thought that as I wrote it.

I have to say, I agree with your stance in this matter. People are getting far too twitchy. I voted on the other thread that I was a little twitchy, but compared to some people on this forum I am the fucking fonz.

I thought that as I wrote it.

I have to say, I agree with your stance in this matter. People are getting far too twitchy. I voted on the other thread that I was a little twitchy, but compared to some people on this forum I am the fucking fonz.

It's great, Eduardo Macia, Hicks, Gillette, Parry even Benitez (yeah yeah gritted teeth gun to his head and all that bollocks) can say we're going to be signing players and people dismiss it yet the minute a journo uses 3 week old quotes to cobble together a story the place goes into meltdown.

It's great, Eduardo Macia, Hicks, Gillette, Parry even Benitez (yeah yeah gritted teeth gun to his head and all that bollocks) can say we're going to be signing players and people dismiss it yet the minute a journo uses 3 week old quotes to cobble together a story the place goes into meltdown.

I thought Counts news was worrying because he is very reliable, but a lot of the other stuff is bollocks. I am happy to wait and see.

Are we not offering a value we think he's worth - similar to what happened with Alves last year ?

I think we probably are. I also think that just for one summer, for one position, maybe we need to stop doing that and bid an amount that will land the player. Not for Bent if the figure is £17m, but for someone. The right someone.

Second rate and fourth choice is not what we need, nor is an emergency signing two weeks before the start of the season. We need to do exactly what I hoped we would do this summer when it comes to signing a striker:

1. Let Rafa identify the player we need.

2. Buy him.

I thought the figure quoted (and denied by Parry) was £1m now, and £1m in 12 months, which I believe is known as a £2m bid.

It's a minor part in a major story, but enough to make me ignore the rest of what it says.

For me, it's a major part, why are we trying to juggle £1 million?

I thought the figure quoted (and denied by Parry) was £1m now, and £1m in 12 months, which I believe is known as a £2m bid.

Nah, it was a downpayment of 300 dinari, followed by installments of 60 groats a week "untill such time as thyne appetytes are sated ande the earth has rotated on ittes axis twelf ande sixtie times".

I believe Parry copied the text of the offer word-for-word from the last occasion we broke our transfer record.

Guys get a grip.

No football to report on. The media have to write about something so they make stories up, invent troble where there is none etc.........

Having said that if there are no signings by mid July we are no better off than we ere under Moores