You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Raul ?

Guest stephenknapp

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen him interviewed on Spanish football last week and he was asked about us, said nice things about us, did not deny it, but the entire tone of the interview was about the future of Real and who was coming in the summer, he was almost talking as if he were manager.

Not sure if this would be a good move. Very good goalscoring record but 30 years of age in June & no longer a regular at Real Madrid. Sounds like another Fernando Morientes.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/sport/sport2.shtml

Not in the last few years he hasn't. I think we should be aiming higher than him for the starting positions. I'd take him as 3rd/4th choice if the price was right.

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=395400&idseccio_PK=805

Wants to play for us and is apparently close to negotiating a deal to release him from his contract in the Summer.

My first thought would be "No way" but this season he got the winner away to Valencia, scored at home to Barca and has 5 in 7 in the CL. Have things got that weird there in the last 3-4 years that he's got no motivation, managerial shambles etc etc, his record overall this season is shit but it does say one thing. He's been turning up in big games.

So has he still got it and needs a fresh challenge after going totally and utterly stale at Circus FC or has he lost it? Its not a signing that appeals massively but seeing Raul in the Liverpool shirt would rule a bit. I dunno. 1 or 2 year deal anyone?

Raúl has it practically determined. The next season wants to play in England and, if can be, in the Liverpool. The white captain and the Real Madrid have very advanced an agreement to terminate the contract, that expires in the 2010, to end of the present campaign, in sight of the great restructuring of the staff that has in mind the president, Ramón Cauldron.

Rafa Benítez, Spanish coach of the Liverpool, is expecting him with the open arms and is its main champion before the new owners of the English team, the multmillonarios American George razor Blade and Tom Hicks. These they want to promote the staff network to be able to compete on equal terms in the Premier League front al Chelsea and the Manchester United and they are willing to put a lot of money on the table.

Ral, that already carries 13 go you in the first team of Madrid, considers that its white phase has touched to its end and its pretensin has always been to play in the ftbol ingls before being withdrawn. Its representative, Gins Carvajal, declar in the tabloid News of the World that if Ral has to leave the Real Madrid, its destiny slo it to elect l. And it tendr very fcil: to l he likes a lot of England.

In this way, Carvajal not slo reveals the possible destiny of the capitn of Madrid, but tambin closes every possibility to that the player be transferred by the Real Madrid. Ral always he has declared that never to be a problem for the club and that, if algn gives sees that exceeds, to be the first one in giving the first step. That s, the forward slo puts a condicin, that considers that has earned itself along its successful path in the Madrid: its exit should be produced with the letter of liberty and ace to be able to negotiate freely its future with the team that ms interest him.

The possible exit of Raúl, although be to price zero, is of the I please of the Real Madrid in which considers excessive the slip of the captain (12 million rough euro al year) keeping in mind that each year possesses less specific weight in the team. Besides, they think about the board of directors that if they manage to free of the forward one they will be able to be removed of on top with greater facility to other footballers, like Cassano, Cannavaro, Emerson and Salgado, among others

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=395400&idseccio_PK=805

So has he still got it and needs a fresh challenge after going totally and utterly stale at Circus FC or has he lost it? Its not a signing that appeals massively but seeing Raul in the Liverpool shirt would rule a bit. I dunno. 1 or 2 year deal anyone?

Hard to say. If we did sign him I would still want another striker to come in (with Eto'o and Villa being the preferred choices). That could mean three new strikers (including Voronin). Stranger things have happened, but that's probably too much disruption for one summer.

If we were to sign him it would make the signing of Voronin even stranger.

If i have read that correctly its saying getting him on 'free' so that would mean Voronin and Raul replacing Fowler and Bellamy. Rafa has already stated he wont sell Crouch and i cant see him selling Kuyt so, and im hoping so, is Rafa getting a couple a freebies in so to make a huge bid on a top striker.