You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bands that should be shot in the face

africanherbsman

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proclaimers ..... do you need a reason

Fall out boy... as a above

Simply Red, .... Fucking Ginga manc

Phil Collins...hate this dickheads voice

Cure.... coz I want to

Depche Mode... hated them in the 80's hate them now

E17... Chav cretins

Tears 4 Fears...... for writing one of the most depressive songs ever

The Eagles, U2, Coldplay, Razorlight, The Killers, Limp Biscuit, Slipknot ( or any of that shitty metal nonsense), The Kaiser Chiefs, The Darkness, Duran Duran. There are countless others but I'm too tired to think.

The Eagles - Wrong answer

U2 - Correct Answer

Coldplay - Correct Answer

Razorlight - Correct Answer

The Killers - Correct Answer

Limp Biscuit - Correct Answer

Slipknot/Metal - Correct Answer

Kaiser Chiefs - Wrong Answer

The Darkness - Correct Answer

Duran Duran - Wrong Answer

7/10 - Good Effort

I bought Signing Off and Present Arms and thought they were great. Never saw the covers band malarkey coming.

The last album (Who You Fighting For) was a real throwback to the Signing Off days in terms of its political content - instead of Madam Medusa against Thatcher, there were a deluge of anti-Bush songs.

Admittedly there were a couple of dodgy albums along the way (Homegrown and Guns in the Ghetto spring to mind), but many of the covers on the Labour of Love albums were great - the Many Rivers to Cross cover on the original would have made Jimmy Cliff proud.

Carrying on in the "making the originals proud" vein, I would recommend "The Fathers of Reggae" album, where the likes of Gregory Isaacs, Toots Hibbert, Max Romeo and Ken Boothe cover UB40 songs.

'Tis all subjective, although to be fair I feel that UB40 get hit with many a shitty stick that they don't deserve.

the Many Rivers to Cross cover on the original would have made Jimmy Cliff proud.

That was a good cover. At the time of the early stuff I was a mad Specials fan so the ska/reggae fusion appealed to me but after Labour of Love and freakin Sliver single I'd had enough. Thankfully Terry Hall maintained his integrity and is still a hero.

You're clearly not old enough to know you're arse from your elbow, ghostie.

I wouldn't say Im a GnR fan, but fuck me did they give rawk and roll a kick up the arse, and appetite is a classic album.

Perhaps not but I would rather pluck every pube from my loins than listen to axl rose.

bob dylan...

So let me get this straight, you think Bob Dylan should be shot in the face yet you seem to be a fan of The Stereophonics. This is a band who define the word average and I can't believe I forgot to shoot them in the face in the first place. You are clearly a clueless shitehawk when it comes to music, now run along and get your Performance and Cocktails album out soft lad.